>1066
How can I get over the absolute tragedy of this? I can't even sleep some nights. I just toss and turn, thinking of what could have if not for William the Bastard.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Rufus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honour_of_Richmond
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrying_of_the_North
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/people#Etymology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrebates
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine

Merci Willie

Did you know that 20% of the population was enslaved. There are accounts of William freeing 100s of people in his minor campaigns around Britain. The Normans were notoriously pious, and slavery was condemned by the church. Good riddance to an evil system, shame those filthy Glorious Revolution faggots came into existence, then Britain became a slave nation again.

Daily Reminder you filthy protestant.

DELET THIS

Thanks, Willie

HAHA FUCK YOU WILLIAM THE BASTARD
YEAH
BASTARD
THAT'S RIGHT
YOU'RENOT A REAL KING YOU'RE JUST A FUCKING
PEASANT
GO SUCK GO DROWN ON A BAG CHOKE OF DICKS
BIG ANGLO SAXON DICK YOU LOVE IT FAGGOT

Did you know that the Stewarts/Stuarts of Scotland were Normans?

Is that why the Normans forced English peasants to build castles, which would be used in turn to further subjugate them?

Daily reminder, you fucking bootlicker.

>England wasn't able to do anything of consequence until the Anglos were forced out of power
rly maeks u thnk

>Houses of Lancaster and York are French
>House of Tudor is Welsh

Explain, when Henry VII was 1/4 French and Mary was 1/2 Spanish?

If they spoke English they were English.

Oh look, it's the I identify as a women gender queer faggot, MEN DON'T PASS ON FEMALE GENES ie, mtDNA.

> If they speak English they are English
Exactly.

Nice double standard you got there...so why do you complain about Black Picts in 800 B.C?

Protestant bullshit, at the same time they declared that shit, they declared that all BRITONS were ethnically cleansed by the Saxons. It's Protestant trash, Old English is Germanic whereas Middle English was what the people spoke which had a Romano-British substrate influenced by Old English, which in turn became heavily influenced by Norman French. The Protestants claimed that Middle English was Old English, which wasn't the case at all.

>Middle English was what the people spoke which had a Romano-British substrate influenced by Old English
What? Could you elaborate on that perhaps?

Mai historical husbando.

Why was Hardrade so based?

You understand how "English" became a Norman French substrate? As you're told to believe. Well the Romano-British language which was not the same as Welsh, became the substrate to Anglo-Saxon. This is the language Middle English derives from, whereas Old English was the language of the Elite. The Protestants lied about this as they claimed that all Romano-Britons were ethnically cleansed by the saxons, which is a lie.

So all the Plantagenets are German then?

pic related is whereabouts they came from, it was a place influenced by the settlement of Iranian Alan Foderati, which may be why Richard of Gloucester aka Richard III had blonde hair and blue eyes with Haplogroup G.

"My son," said the Norman Baron, "I am dying, and you will be heir
To all the broad acres in England that William gave me for share
When he conquered the Saxon at Hastings, and a nice little handful it is.
But before you go over to rule it I want you to understand this:–

"The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite.
But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right.
When he stands like an ox in the furrow – with his sullen set eyes on your own,
And grumbles, 'This isn't fair dealing,' my son, leave the Saxon alone.

"You can horsewhip your Gascony archers, or torture your Picardy spears;
But don't try that game on the Saxon; you'll have the whole brood round your ears.
From the richest old Thane in the county to the poorest chained serf in the field,
They'll be at you and on you like hornets, and, if you are wise, you will yield.

"But first you must master their language, their dialect, proverbs and songs.
Don't trust any clerk to interpret when they come with the tale of their wrongs.
Let them know that you know what they're saying; let them feel that you know what to say.
Yes, even when you want to go hunting, hear 'em out if it takes you all day.

They'll drink every hour of the daylight and poach every hour of the dark.
It's the sport not the rabbits they're after (we've plenty of game in the park).
Don't hang them or cut off their fingers. That's wasteful as well as unkind,
For a hard-bitten, South-country poacher makes the best man- at-arms you can find.

"Appear with your wife and the children at their weddings and funerals and feasts.
Be polite but not friendly to Bishops; be good to all poor parish priests.
Say 'we,' 'us' and 'ours' when you're talking, instead of 'you fellows' and 'I.'
Don't ride over seeds; keep your temper; and never you tell 'em a lie!"

>thinking of what could have if not for William the Bastard.

Pure bullshit just just invented
The Roman occupation of Britain left little to no influence on the language
English was 100% Germanic before the French invaded and soiled the language
The "Latin" part on your chart are very technical words that entered the language much later when Latin was the lingua franca of religion and science, not leftovers from Roman occupation

>Anglos made a poem to make them look good

It's cute but the reality was that the French conquered and enslaved you, and your mood didn't matter to them cause you were their slaves

So the Plantagenets were Georgian?

>he typed in English

Most of the Latin and French vocabularly comes from legal and medical terms.

>tfw common law

>7 feet tall
>strong as fuck
>poet
>got nicknamed the Devastator of Bulgaria
>commander of the varangian guard
>fucked the byzantine empress
>blinded the byzantine emperor
>fucked a russian princess
>fucked over all of his treacherous vassals
>invaded denmark and england to restore the based north sea empire
Truly one of the chaddest men to walk this earth

I don't think that is true because Anglo-Saxon poets used Latin words in works such as "Dream of the Rood" when the poet calls Christ's cross the Signum Victora. Alfred himself wrote in Latin and he is famous for his contributions to the English language.

I'm not the one claiming that all the Britons were ethnically cleansed, so who's the one Bullshitting here?

>The Roman occupation of Britain left little to no influence on the language
Says a verified liar. The haplogroup that Protestants point to that they claim is Saxon, actually first arrived in Britain with the Roman invasion, which was launched from Germania and included German units. There are famous tales of German mercenaries sailing around Britain then, so your lies are shrinking everyday.

*Victoria

>pic
>celtic papists using /european/ as a slur against anglo protestants

W E W

The Protestants claimed that the Britons and Irish were Negroes. They said the Britons were ethnically cleansed, hence there are no Negroes in England.

You're a lying piece of shit, you sold out the Catholic Church, ransacked the monasteries, then sold your people to USURY and Jews.

All of English history would be different and you wouldn't even exist.

Our current world is a product of history, you need to accept that pining after an event you can't influence is the cause of your misery, not the event itself.

>Remember that following desire promises the attainment of that of which you are desirous; and aversion promises the avoiding that to which you are averse. However, he who fails to obtain the object of his desire is disappointed, and he who incurs the object of his aversion wretched.
Epictetus' Enchiridion, II

>Romans invaded Britain from Germania

Say what?

are you drunk?

>the Britons were ethnically cleansed

Say what? 'Cus there's a huge chunk of land to the west of England full of them.

The area with the highest proportion of supposed Saxon heirtage is Yorkshire, this as many saxons fled there and to the north after the defeat to William. This was one of the reason for giving land to the BRETONS in Richmond

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Rufus
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honour_of_Richmond

See
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrying_of_the_North

True for Latin, wrong for French
Shittons of everyday words in English come from French
To the point it's very rare to see a sentence without French originated word

Latin words are stuff like "anus", "bacteria", "virus", "forum"...etc
French words are stuff like "people", "forest", "river", "country"...etc

That's nice. But what does it have to do with the Britons?

A particularly illuminating example is that animal words like pig and cow are Germanic yet their food words pork and beef are French.

I wouldn't know what the fuck to do in those battles, I would probably chop a few limbs from a friend because he looks like the enemy and then die with out knowing what or who hit me.

Not only that, but the cheaper meat retains the original Germanic. Chicken comes from a chicken. Rabbit comes from a rabbit.

Thanks, Willie

Thanks, Willie

>implying people was originally a Romance word

>from Old French pueple, peuple, pople (modern French peuple)
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/people#Etymology

You'd be surprized by how many non-French looking English words are actually of French origin

Still enslaved

Mast es it wroght for frankis man:
Quat is for him na frankis can?
Of Ingland the nacion,
Es Inglis man þar in commun;
þe speche þat man wit mast may spede,
Mast þar-wit to speke war nede;
Selden was for ani chance
Praised Inglis tong in france;
Giue we ilkan þare langage,
Me think we do þam non outrage.
To laud and Inglis man i spell
þat understandes þat i tell,
And to þoo speke i alþer-mast
þat won in vnuarc es to wast
þair liif in trofel and truandis,
To be ware wit þat self and wis,
Sumquat vnto þat thing to tent,
þat al þar mode might wit amend.
Ful il ha[yl] þai þat spending spend
þat findes na fro[te] þar-of at end.
Sli word and werc sum we til heild
Traistli armites sal we yeild.
þar-for do draw þam hider-ward,
þat o þe pardon will ha part
To here and hald sal ha pardon,
O plight wit crist benisun.
Now o þis proloug wil we b[lin],
In crist nam our bok be-gin,
Cursur o werld man aght it call,
For almast it ouer-rennes all.
Tak we our biginning þan
Of him þat al þis werld bigan.*.

rip, I was mixing it up with the word person which is of possible Etruscan origin

I forgot, these belgic niggers here
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrebates

Carried the genes that Protestants claim as Germanic, they migrated into Britain before the Roman Invasion.

The Anglo Saxon presence fades more and more as real history is consolidated.

Sweyn II should have at least tried, he was half the man Hardrada was but it would have been cool to have seen a resurgence of the North Sea Empire.

Make a video about it lindybiege

>yfw they spoke french

Are you the same autist that was claiming all the Latinate vocabulary in English actually comes from the Roman period?

Thanks willie

what was so terrible about it? Sure the Normans were invaders but so were the Saxons, and so were the Romans.

Only up to Richard II at most.

Do you understand the difference between People and Folk? My assumption would be you would not. But the English language needed it.

Thanks, Willie

Thanks, Willie