Anglo-Saxon helmet

Why do I see in re-enactments they always have this exceptionally ornate and detailed helmet?
There was only one found and it was specially made for King Rædwald, it was a crown not a helmet.
Anglo Saxons where not wearing these.

I guess because it looks cool as fuck so everyone wants to wear one.

Because it looks cool and that's what 90% of reenactors care about.

The group you posted looks like Wulfhodenas. They're specifically portraying high status warriors.

it looks like a modern age pedo

I was going to say math teacher, but whatever.

Because it looked cool. Most of them probably just wore something like this. Maybe a spangen helm in the early 10th century.

this

Did all ancient Greeks have armor like Achilles?
No.
Did every ancient Greek rich enough want to have armor like Achilles?
Yes.

this

It's basically just because it looks hardcore as fuck.

White people don't know history, this board should have proved you that

There were some similar helmets discovered but less pieces and worse condition.

Because they wuz sophisticated an shieet but le evil greco roman devil suppressed their culture and hided it

You know the Saxons came after the Romans, right?

Because it's fucking cool you little dweeb.

They don't :^)

They look like Manhunt's enemies

Explain.

Technically speaking, there were a lot of Saxons present in Britain while it was under Roman control. Lots of them had been settled in certain river estuaries with their families to act as cannon fodder against their cousins overseas.

kind of like when those Chinese skeletons were discovered in roman London or the mixed race wealthy woman of African origin.
Rather than see them as exceptional and extraordinary finds normies presume they must have been the norm.

The Romans and Saxons coexisted before the western empire collapsed.The Romans employed them as mercenaries, just saying.

because this is the only good loking helmet

>

They're actually not far off late Roman helmets but whatever. Different for sure but Anglo Saxon helmets were a subtype of the general helmets of the day.

Pedophiles come in all shapes and sizes.

The sick fucks.