Were Evola and Guenon (and related philosophers) just robots (/r9k/ I mean) from the pre-digital era?

Were Evola and Guenon (and related philosophers) just robots (/r9k/ I mean) from the pre-digital era?

Srlsy it's all

>NORMIES REEEE
>MODERN SOCIETY IS SHIT
> WE WERE BETTER IN THE MIDDLE AGES WITH THE CHURCH AS PRIESTLY CASTE
>WHAT? NO, THAT CHURCH WAS SOLAR UNLIKE THE MODERN ONE
>ROASTIES REEE
>MUH HYPERBOREANS
>MUH KALI YUGA
>REEEE

Or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactionary
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well they aren't wrong

Define robots? Both had wide social circles and sexual relationships. Guenon was married twice with kids, was involved with a ton of organizations, and had people constantly writing him letters and trying to visit him.

Doesn't means he wasn't autistic or butthurt

I think that they did have an argument back then but seeing how successful modern society has become in increasing life satisfaction, happiness and fulfilment they were clearly wrong.
Also beliefs that we would slowly start devaluing families and having children if we followed the modern lifestyle are similarly unfounded.

how would he maintain multiple social circles if he was autistic?

>successful modern society has become in increasing life satisfaction
that's not a criteria they would recognize as valid, so they would probably be saying the same exact things if they were around today.

I don't understand r9k. What is that board about? What type of discussions do they have, I only know of Eggman and Ciara memes which originated there.

basically very bitter autists (literal). If you have any friends and have ever had any experience with the opposite gender they automatically consider you a normie and become hostile to you. it's an extremely depressing placeā€•don't go there, trust me.

>op's pic
sometimes i wish I could have the same delusional sense of confidence that religious fundamentalists have from completely shutting off all critical thought processes. i mean look at that guy, he looks completely unshakeable in his faith in whatever particular probably modern influenced dogmatic interpretations of his religion he has decided are infallibly correct. im not even being sarcastic. life would be so much easier if you could permanently shut off all sense of uncertainty and habitua reflex skepticism

habitual*

There's a lot of critical thought within religions like islam, like debating on what is correct teachings for example in what is halal or haram which have a practical purpose since it's the eternal hellfire that is at stake here.
I'd say the person who really shuts off their critical thinking is the atheist who terrified of the knowledge of God's existence refuses to think about the eternal fate of their soul and the sinful life they are leading as well as all of the proofs of God's existence, the most conclusive being the kalam and ontological argument's.

most nu-atheist types would also fall under that category of people that i mentioned in my post. i meant shutting off critical thinking wrt the fundamental questions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactionary
We have terminology already.

>muh labels
applying ready made labels is not a valid method of engaging with ideas

Calling a dog "non-digital four paw unless its crippled companion cube" isn't a valid methods of invention either.

a dog isn't an idea it's a thing

What a dumb non-argument. I'll play along.
Bravery is an idea. Calling bravery "rambo testicular manhood lemonade" doesn't advance bravery or humanity, or invents anything.
And yes, calling political reaction "pre-digital era Veeky Forums robots" is just as dumb, if not more so.

so you actually believe that you can sum up evola and guenon in one word?
>calling political reaction "pre-digital era Veeky Forums robots" is just as dumb, if not more so.
with that i agree

>so you actually believe that you can sum up evola and guenon in one word?

So you think a strawman as bad as that one would prove anything?
You can't sum up all of Keynes or Marx with one word either, yet people do all the time. Its for convenience.

Evola and Guenon are reacting against modernity. Its political reaction.

>so you actually believe that you can sum up evola and guenon in one word?
Not him but yea. Those words would be Evola and Guenon.

Fair enough. Evola and Guenon are not so well known on this board, your initial post seemed dismissive as if to say "this label is all you need to know about them".

yeah and look at all the efforts he made to hide his paranoid ass from visitors or letter-writers. Also his kids only came in the last couple of years of his life so that doesn't really count.

To me he looks like a traitor of worse kind.

Why do racist white people worship a Sicilian guy?

>You can't sum up all of Keynes or Marx with one word either

Go on then, we're all ears

He is a dummy, and summarized ideas he doesn't like with one word - "wrong".
You are a dummy for not getting his bad joke, too.

It's a haven for people who are social failures , or just general failures in life. Their main conversations are either

1) Trying to set themsleves up as the most pitiable figure on /r9k/ and the inevitable competition/oppression olympics that ensues.
2) Talking about how it's everyone else's fault (usually women in general or their parents in specific) as to why they turned out the way they did.
3) Insulting the intelligence and capabilities of "normalfags" and "Chads", and how robots like themselves are superior morally and intellectually.

Basically, they mostly try to justify their pathetic existences, or at least demonstrate to others (or themselves) how it's not really their fault they're pathetic.

Its where /pol/ posters go to feel weak and relax, satisfy their male mother need, so they can be tough on the other boards.

Because they count as white when they do shit they like.

>t. NEET

/pol9k/ is never wrong newfag.

he had norman blood or something

Because we actually like diversity, unlike the faggots that want to create a one-world government and culture.

I just went there for the first time since like 2010 and I don't remember it being that sad. Holy moly you weren't kidding that place is tragic.

Well we are devaluing the family and not having children. Two parent household rates are below fifty percent in the working class, birth rates have plummeted, and the normalization of licentiousness and hedonistic liaisons instead of propagation has been well under way for fifty years.

The one he's holding looks qt.

>french man with egyptian wife
Who bleached who here?

>non-digital four paw unless its crippled companion cube
hahaha

>tfw to intelligent to be muslim

Because he was a sicilian guy who stayed in fucking Italy.