If I put in 20k to coinbase then cashed out 30k how much do I own the tax man? I am unemployed and live in a basement...

if I put in 20k to coinbase then cashed out 30k how much do I own the tax man? I am unemployed and live in a basement. Do I even need to pay taxes? I HAVE SO LITTLE WHY DO THEY STILL TAKETH AWAY.

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdwallet.com/blog/taxes/capital-gains-tax-rates/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nobody has to know

When it comes to taxes, always assume YES.

Unreless you are smart. That said a self respecting person would give away that secret. Unless they were say, a faggot.

2k if it was quick most likely, short term capital gains are like 20%

>paying taxes

good goyim

don't withdraw from exchange = don't pay taxes

then how does one withdraw?

atm, user to user

>Guys, help, I think Veeky Forums just scammed me

You don't.

darkweb?
other ways to witdra dickheads. i just want to know whats out there.

I'm wondering about this too. And do you have to pay capital gains for every individual transfer of shitcoins and such or just the final amount you cash out?

legally, every single transfer

Try using TenX once it's finally taking other currencies besides just BTC

>And do you have to pay capital gains for every individual transfer of shitcoins and such or just the final amount you cash out?

Im afraid so

That seems.. difficult? Any idea what the percentage is to withhold for every individual transaction in the event of an audit?

never cash out, you are a literal cuck to be paying taxes on crypto. more taxes = more welfare = more niggers

Not using local bitcoin. Not using monero.

Not leaving your vestments in the market.

the government sets up stings for local bitcoin. good luck in jail

bit hard to answer question if no one knows what country your in

Are there any truly anonymous debit cards for BTC?

omg I went to college with the dude in OPs pic

be gone, super satan!

If you have no income, you don't get taxed on capital gains until you meet a certain thresh hold.

nerdwallet.com/blog/taxes/capital-gains-tax-rates/

Forgot this link, but you do have to pay the tax man if it is short term, so based on your numbers, you owe Uncle Sam 1000 USD.

your normal tax rate on the 10k

a lot of large sellers/buyers require a copy of id as well.

>Coinbase
Coinbase is working with the IRS. Soon or later they gonna come to you. They can trade it back as far as 6 years. Prepare to be fucked by the long dick of the law.

Dat pic needs a Pepe edit

I don't know why there are so many stupid Veeky Forums fucks that try to evade taxes when all they have to claim is long term even if it is short term and just give the Jews their 15% in shekels and be done with it.

Holy fuck.

So of I lose money is that a capital loss

Yes

>america, the land of the free
Europe may be full of shitskins, but i don't have to pay taxes unless i withdraw above 20k a month and then it's a percentage of 1~2%
HAHHAHAHAHABAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

In the only BTC ATM in France ( yes, only one there is ) you need to upload your ID card when the transaction is over 500€
Localbitcoins require personal info the last time I checked . Really it sucks .
Anyway it's ok I'm not about to cash out anytime now , lot of profit to be made before considering it

It's not at all a Europe vs. America thing. In countries such as Germany you pay 45% and up on income and also for every transaction unless you held the coin for longer. Yes, the poorer the country is, the lower the taxes (correlation there, huh?). Good to you if you live in Bulgaria or whatever, it's a good place for crypto. Like New Zeeland

Is it really like this? I bought around 3k of coins from coinbase, what if i decide to cash out 15k worth of bitcoin?

In the same year, you would pay income tax on the 10k (30k - 10k).

After a year, you would pay capital gains tax on that 10k.

Really though, according to the IRS, you're supposed to keep track of any gains you had between every trade. That's just impossible though. Imagine trading USD -> BTC -> ETH -> BAT -> BTC -> LTC -> USD or something like that. Would be fucking impossible to calculate.

You'd have to report 12k

You can download your history from an exchange as csv or json and write a 10 liner in Python that does it

this

I know you can do this on Coinbase. Regardless, it irks me that Cuckbase now asks me, "Are you sending this to an exchange?" every time I send coins out now. I've always been legit and honest on Cuckbase, but other exchanges, not so much.

>illegal to buy bitcoin privately.

What are you, stupid?

keep your total income under 17k per year and pay 10% if the investment is under a year old.

in Switzerland capital gains are tax free

Fuck you Switzerfag

It is also a hate crime if you prevent some fucking hajj from raping your wife/sister/daughter, so it is a trade off

you probably owe like 2,500

>in the only BTC ATM in France
I live in Montpellier and there's one. Don't tell me it's the only one in the entire fucking country.