Try to read Chinese history

>try to read Chinese history
>Ling Ping, Zhao Zing, Guan Yu, Zhang Peng, Xiaoh Yu, Gong Liu, Xu Huang, Pang Tong, Guan Ping, Zhou Xu, Yuang Li, Wiu Lou, Guang Zhou, Ling Ting...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/03C2ihwyM74?t=18
desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/gif/image/1493/40/1493405370375.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=CaOkTKfxu44
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that is a big cat

Fu Yu

It seems your tiny western brain cannot comprehend our exquisite and multifaceted names.

post more fluffy cats please

I know what you mean, it is very hard to store that information in your RAM, never mind save it to disk. I thin Chinkenese is like trying to store 16bit into 8 bit memory.

>tly 2 lead engrish histoly prease
>John Smith, Smith Johnson, John Jameson, James Johnson, Richard James, Smith Richards, Robert Smith, Smith Roberts, Richard Johnson...

I am satisfied, thank you sir

Lay off the mice, Tom.

These are still more easily read than quite a few European languages' names. Go through lists of Roman, Celtic, Greek, French, and German/Germanic names, and you'll find plenty of difficult, long-winded names. There are also other languages, and even English language names and surnames are not exempt. Try looking at old Anglo-Saxon names, too.

>john jacob james III adam george paul III luke lamdry luther III

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kek

youtu.be/03C2ihwyM74?t=18

Am Chinese myself and yeah the names a fucking shit. Mandarin sounds awful and its all repetitive if you know what I mean. My name is Peng Yuan.

At least Chinese monarchs don't have repetitive names and when they do repeat, they put the name of their dynasty beside it (i.e. Gaozu, Gaozu of Tang)

Meanwhile Eurokings be like:
>John IX, John II, Henry V, Henry II.
>Btw we also have a Henry IV and they also have Henry IV.
Seriously, the fuck.

What makes Chinese and Korean names so difficult to remember?

At least japs have memorable names and vietnamese all have the same name

>When the first Charles of your country styled himself Charles VII just to gain street cred

The majority of chinese history is abysmally boring and repetitive
>OHHH CHING CHONG DING DONG PING PONG
Then there's a minor civil war that causes millions of peasants to starve to death because they reproduce like insects. Rinse and repeat.

Just stop reading at the fall of Qin, skim the parts where Great Britain makes an appearance, shake your head at the retarded Christian TaiPings, and then just resume reading at the fall of Qing. Problem solved.

Korean names aren't even that difficult.

>skim the parts where Great Britain makes an appearance

but that's the best part desu

they sound even more retarded than chinese names.

kek good point

The only part of Chinese history I find interesting is 1890 to 1978.

I am not sure why but this period really interests me, mostly because of the what ifs involved.

Also it's easier to remember people's names in this period because they all have a photo attached.

>Smith Richards

youre fucking retarded. my chinese name means thinking prosperity

just because you don't understand your own mother tongue doesn't invalidate it

that has nothing to do with what he said you dummy.

what does your Chinese name mean then

>try to read Roman history
> -anus

nanking never happened

Korea is Chinese territory

Taiwan is not China

Large avian penis.

>not John Johnson and Smith Smithson.

>The only part of Chinese history I find interesting is 1890 to 1978.

>the only part which gwailou are bothered enough to write books on

fucking banana

daily reminder that the first swedish king styled himself Erix XIV.

>people not realizing chinese is a tonal language and the same thing in pinyin are actually different written characters

CHING BING DONG LING LONG BONG DONG !

Speaking of this, why is Elizabeth styled Elizabeth II? There was no Elizabeth I of Scotland or Northern Ireland or Canada or Auatralia. She was never queen of the United Kingdom either.

desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/gif/image/1493/40/1493405370375.webm

Sounds like a cooking pot falling down a flight of stairs.

Yeah, chink names are funny. Never forget, the greatest prank in live TV

youtube.com/watch?v=CaOkTKfxu44

top kek

They should have tone marks, regardless the tones are a fucking meme as they speak so fast that they dont really use them unless they realise the sentence may be confusing so they stress the tone.

There is tone marks but for some reason nobody uses them when translating

>reading chinese history
>Ting Tong and Ping Pong went wing wong on Ching Chong

10/10

>There's literally a major chinese city called CHINGCHONG

>he hates his own language
What a cuck

2nd gen Chinese diasporas usually hate china because of western politics, lack of translated chinese media and other things. Everyone of them I've met are miserable fucks that tries to act black because there are no asian role models in western society.

translate their literal character names to English like we do with native american names, it's the same shit "Yellow Horse", "Metal Foot" whatever

You are like a little baby. Watch this
>try to read gaelic history
Mordha Mac Maeordha, Nail ui Maeordha, Nail ui Nail, Aodh ui Nail, Madhava Mac Arthur, Macarthur Mac Arthur, Aodh mac Nail, Mothra Mac Morhada.

You are like a little baby. Watch this
>try to read arab history
Muhammad ibn Muhammad, Ali ibn Abi Tabib, Ali ibn Muhammad, Muhammed ibn Abdallah

>yfw that's only using pinyin and not wade-giles
>my professor's face when a student wrote a paper about the remarkably similar ideas and lives between mao zedong and mao tse-tung

I believe the Kingdom of England is the superior title that went into the United Kingdom and so monarchs are counted from that point onward. It's like how the Charleses or the Jameses are known by their English regnal numbers instead of their Scottish regnal numbers.