Was the abrahamic god originally a war god or associated with violence. It would be fascinating if he was

Was the abrahamic god originally a war god or associated with violence. It would be fascinating if he was.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh
reddit.com/r/AcademicBiblical/comments/6cokw0/origin_of_yahweh/dhw81o0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZSElBa6oqP0
youtube.com/watch?v=RwCaHT0lcVo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

He was considered to be the only god, thus also incorporating aspects of traditional war gods in combination with being the general deity (with other features)

yes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

>In the oldest biblical literature he is a typical ancient Near Eastern "divine warrior" who leads the heavenly army against Israel's enemies;[8] he later became the main god of the Kingdom of Israel (Samaria) and of Judah,[9] and over time the royal court and temple promoted Yahweh as the god of the entire cosmos, possessing all the positive qualities previously attributed to the other gods and goddesses.[10][11] By the end of the Babylonian exile (6th century BCE), the very existence of foreign gods was denied, and Yahweh was proclaimed as the creator of the cosmos and the true god of all the world

Grrrrr. Behold my masculine aspects!

reddit.com/r/AcademicBiblical/comments/6cokw0/origin_of_yahweh/dhw81o0
He appears to be a warrior god of the Southern highland pantheon adopted early on from another nation called the Kenites. He absorbed most of the other gods identities, especially El.

>using a caricature to prove your point

>tranny playing harp while riding a shopping cart

>Was the abrahamic god originally a war god or associated with violence. It would be fascinating if he was.

No, the Moses "deity" is nothing at all like any pagan deity - it's clearly just a terrorist manifesto by someone who was bitter that he wasn't chosen by God. This is evident by the fact that "Ba'al" means "Lord" in Hebrew and there's such an emphasis on murdering all the prophets of Ba'al in the Hebrew book..

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSElBa6oqP0

Wait. I had a point? I was just posting a picture I thought was funny. Please tell me what my point was.

well he leads some military campaigns in the OT for sure

He was the jealous vengeful wrathful genocidal God of (some of) the Israelites. Conveniently they were the chosen people of this same God. Just because, special snowflake reasons, etc.

its like they could predict what the world was going to be like 4000 ahead of their time

Yhwh is a composition of different gods.

Is Yahweh Moloch?

I killed you the other day on /pol/, intellectually defeating you is growing tiresome. I defeat you spiritually, intellectually, next I will defeat you physically.

or they knew they were going to orchestrate it

>winning internet arguments against retards who don't care what the truth is anyway is serious business

There's a Francesca Stavrokopolou documentary that discusses this in depth. She knows her material plus is qt.

Had never heard of her before but looked into her after your post. She has a damn impressive background.

>Yahweh's dick is the name of Allah

YHWH was already a war god at the time of Moses

Exodus 15
>Then Moses and the sons of Israel sang this song to the LORD, and said,
>I will sing to the LORD, for He is highly exalted;
>The horse and its rider He has hurled into the sea.
>The LORD is my strength and song,
>And He has become my salvation;
>This is my God, and I will praise Him;
>My father’s God, and I will extol Him.

>The LORD is a warrior;
>The LORD is His name.

>YHWH was already a war god at the time of Moses

That's not a very credible source. No pagan war god at all resembles the terrorist manifesto the Jews created.

Congratulations: you fail life - pretty much your entire race (and then some when you add "Christians" and Muslims) has been executed and/or damned for following that book.

youtube.com/watch?v=RwCaHT0lcVo

>No pagan war god at all resembles the terrorist manifesto the Jews created.
yhwh has several battle motifs that Baal Hadad has in Ugaritic literature, namely being the "cloud-rider" and fighting the sea and Leviathan/Lotan

>That's not a very credible source.
>Start posting his new age fantasies

Kek