What did Mao do to inculcate such extreme loyalty among the Chinese peasantry?

What did Mao do to inculcate such extreme loyalty among the Chinese peasantry?

It's pretty crazy that he convinced tens of millions of people to beat or kill the capitalists and suspected liberals they had lived alongside for decades.

Did his economic policies give Chinese peasants a lot to be thankful for?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4331212/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

look at China's growth in life expectancy, infant and child mortality between 1950 and 1980.

Well, he didn't employ the Japanese they'd been fighting not even 5 years earlier to enforce his rule

Wasn't Chinese peasants rising up and robbing and killing rich people kind of a common thing before Mao?

>It's pretty crazy that he convinced tens of millions of people
I doubt it went like this. I am sure the sentiment was already there. No political movement emerges from nothing.

Chinese revolution was basically a beta uprising combined with a countrywide witch hunt.
>neighbor has a sofa in his house? BOURGEOISE! into the camp you go!

oh wow

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4331212/

article says it was all because the government trained doctors and nurses to work in the countryside

Kuomintang would still be in power today if they had been willing to do land reform. That's why Mao got support from the peasantry.

Chiang was a weeb, this isn't even up for debate, he default loses from that after the whole 2nd Sino-Nipponese War

He was a war-leader for the communist rebellion for 20 years before he succeded.

That kind of struggle and victory inspires loyalty.

KMT -did- do a lot of land reform, Ashwani Saith has written about Chinese state efforts to set up collective farms and credit unions.

Problem is, bourgeois elements in the KMT were unwilling to redistribute Chinese wealth beyond some efforts to alleviate extreme poverty. Anti-landlord campaigns of the communist party during the Civil War won the support of most of the Chinese peasantry, who overthrew the already-weak grasp that nationalist forces had over the country.

Read Confucius.
Chinks are just crazy like that.

Ever heard of the Red Terror, French Terror or the Protestant Reformation? Iconoclasm is not restricted to one culture or population of humans...

Maoism is not essentially evil but very stupid and fanatic.

You really underestimate the power of ideology.

>into the camp you go!

more like "into the mass grave you go"

Communism was an alien ideology to China, which is why the Chinese treated it so dogmatically and violently. They didn't have the proper culture to create ideological blindspots, so they went all in

>wanting everybody to be equal
>not essentially evil
America is a communist country.

Is this your personal belief or is it based on something? I firmly hold the belief that any revolution has the potential to become destructive and iconoclastic, as I said here . And I base that on what I've learned, for example, about the Russian civil war and the Millenarian movements.

He also didn't copy them and sack nanjing a second time.

Does it have anything to do with antibiotics discovered by imperialists?

He was the only alternative to corrupt and incompetent nationalists and warlords.

That's any revolution ever.