Veeky Forums related games?

Other urls found in this thread:

jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/162447485416/how-would-your-potential-15-16th-century-europe
youtube.com/watch?v=EyVh00baK8E
youtube.com/watch?v=ija6httO7KY
biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/01/17/100693.1
youtube.com/watch?v=16gWRxv_aZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No Reza...

How Veeky Forums is rome 2 total war? I know some aspects are not historically accurate, but which game is 100% historically accurate? I think it was done to balance the game a bit (for example, phalanx formations)

UG:CV is surprisingly good.

>renaming your brigades.

>having your brigades named after officers, who die and get wounded all the time, so you have no easy way to identify the unit
Actually, I should have included some mnemonic for the weapons they're armed with.

EU4 with M&T2 is such a good time all around. I actually had to send my pc away, because my lack of self control made me waste WAY too much on it.

Victoria 2 HPM

The best

Best Veeky Forums game coming through

it gets boring when you kill off atilla
other than that
it's bretty gud

>eu4
back to

>guy mentions a massive overhaul mod

Vozhd Savinkov did nothing wrong

>Any game by John Tiller
>Gary Grigsby's War in the East
>Gary Grigsby's War in the West (now on steam)
>Rule The Waves
>Scourge of War
>Decisive Campaigns
>Civil War II
>Alea Jacta Est
>Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
>Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
>Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm
>Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Did I miss anything?

>NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED
>NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED
>NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED
>NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED
>NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED

This one of the all time favourites. Nothing beats old Microsoft RTS games. One time i saw some supposed leaked screenshots for Rise of Nations 2 on /v/. Too bad we will never see such great games again.
Also to recommend Knights of Honor, kind of like Medieval 2, only isometric and with some cool different features. Try Ultimate mod or Dusk of Glory with it.

Check out Europa Barbarorum II mod for Medieval Total war 2. It is historically accurate and PACKED with history.

>Louisiana is not Andalouisiana
See me after class

>Microsoft RTS games
Such as? Don't you dare say AoE which wasn't made by Micrococks.

I don't like how each new TW game gets progressively easier, simplified and dumbed down. Warhammer was a huge disappointment, and makes me worry for the next historical release.

>dat Louisiana

it was published by them.

Sure, Rome Total War wasn't very historically accurate whatsoever, but Attila is dogshit compared to it

no it isn't.
>actual migration mechanics, working AI and diplomacy.
>weather actually changes how your empires run and a religious system that isn't binary.
>naval combat and the ability to sack and vassalize enemies.

Shogun 2: Total War has a great little appendix for finding out all sorts of autistic shit the Japanese did.

I like the Fall of the Samurai and the Boshin War pack, just so I can gun down weebs in their thousands in my quest for SHOGUNATE DOMINANCE

Also the Boshin War is probably not a period of Japan that's well-known at all outside of Japan; nor the role that the West played in supporting both the Shogunate and the Imperial forces.

>Fall of the Samurai pack, set at the end of the Boshin War

>[wealth sharing intensifies]

Published =/= made. The best AoE games were 1 and 2, then Microsoft purchased Ensemble in 2001 and every game they released since then was shit.

Anyone remember Roma Surrectum II? It was a really autistic mod for the original Rome Total War. Really well done, lots of research in the game's encyclopedia articles, which I would often get lost reading, better graphics, long battles, etc. It really is probably my favorite TW gaming experience. It doesn't quite measure up to the new games just because of all the new mechanics and graphics, but I really prefer the gameplay itself because it felt more like you were really (in my campaign) carving out a big Macedonian Kingdom over the course of decades, because of how long it took to do, and how hard it was to maintain armies. It took me like 100 turns to conquer all of Greece and make my way over to start taking on Pergamum.

Haven't played it since I got my new computer, because I had a lot of trouble getting the most recent patch to work.

Best setting.

Any big Kaiserreich fans in the house?

>Late game
>Play as China
>Pump out hordes of citizens
>Convert to militia
>Into the breach
>Make more citizens to replace your massive losses

Are there any worthwhile historical games that aren't strategy and/or military?

>buy Fall of the Samurai just to gun down weebs
>go back to base game
>play as the Shimazu clan because swords
>bored
>play as the ninja clan
>have four ninjas spamming shit on armies for years, keeping them halted through the winter, assassinating everyone and chipping away the soldiers
That was fun for a bit, also the ninja clan didn't exist and it was just one guy who was a ninja.

There're several economic strategies set in historical contexts, like Port Royal, Patrician, Anno.
Expeditions: Conquistador is a tactical RPG set during the Spanish conquest of Mexico in the 16th century. The same company has recently released Expeditions: Vikings.
The Guild is combination of economic strategy, RPG and political simulator set in a medieval town.

I personally really hope Josh Sawey, the lead designer of Fallout: New Vegas and Pillars Of Eternity, gets a chance to make a historical RPG set in the medieval Germany, something he's been talking about for years.

I hadn't heard about that from Sawyer. That sounds like it would be my absolute favorite game. Medieval Germany is my favorite historical period, F:NV and Sawyer in general is one of my favorite developers. Okay I need this now.

>That was fun for a bit, also the ninja clan didn't exist and it was just one guy who was a ninja.

Thats what I'd expect a ninja to say. I'm on to your ruse cruise, user....or should I say, HATTORI HANZO??

He talks about it occasionally in his blog (jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/162447485416/how-would-your-potential-15-16th-century-europe ) and in interviews, but it doesn't look like the idea was greenlighted yet. Maybe in 2-3 years, if PoE 2 is successful.

Buzz Aldrin's Space Agency, haven't played it myself but reviews are positive
Kingdom Come Deliverance is suppose to come one day. RPG set in a medieval period, I'm pretty sure it just emulates the period and not an actual historical event.

Impression Games city building series (Zeus, Pharaoh, Caesar, Emperor) is pretty good too.

While you're not looking for military, there's stuff like Silent Service, B-52, F117A Nighthawk for simulation.

There's (very loosely in the sense of historical) Tropico which simulates some minor banana republic you control and grow.

Still would like to see a simulator/management game based around controlling a volatile minor power like N. Korea and have you juggle world politics while growing yourself to a respectable position in the world economically.

Stormfags and /pol/fags (and now /gsg/faggots always spouting white and based, blobbing germany and wanting to kill Israel at autistic simulators. fuck you) are the best example of subhumans in human society today. You have stunningly low intelligence. You are all psychopaths and sociopaths. You are so susceptible to confirmation bias and delusion that when someone insults you as an individual for being mind-blowingly stupid, all you can think of is your epic jew memes and spout MUH GOY.

Rest assured that if 100% of you were not busy confined to a basement somewhere masturbating to cartoons, society would not tolerate your existence. Now get moving on dying in your 40s of heart disease you worthless sack of subhuman shit.

This is my head canon for the Sengoku Period.

t. kike

w&b

No Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars?

I hate this subreddit now.

RtW

Posting this purely because I have the opportunity with this thread
youtube.com/watch?v=EyVh00baK8E

>Philippine Norway

The only game I've ever played that does my favorite historical period of warfare justice happily is also one of the better strategy games in recent times.

Graviteam

Attila is probably one of the hardest total war games though

Total Warhammer is oddly challenging playing as the Empire while ridiculously easy to play as the vampires.
The Empire is like if you were the HRE but only controlled Bavaria and had to annex all German states before you get invaded from literally every direction.
Chaos is only hard to play as because the tribes are fucking broken.

No ancient Total War games are really accurate. The way troops do not cause damage when retreating through other units is what makes it unable to simulate the dynamics of an ancient battle.

It's still fun with Divide et Impera though

Are there any good colonialism centered games? Really interested on this part of history. Been playing Civilization 4: Colonization. Any recommendations?

Europa Universalis 4, man.
Don't be scared off by >muh autism

If you can handle Civ then you can absolutely handle EU4. The start of the game isn't really colony based and you can play it without doing colonies at all, but for a majority of the game the new world is there to be explored and colonised.
Trade goods, slaves, native policies, colonial nations, colonial wars, the lot.

You can also randomise the new world while keeping Europe the same to mix it up a little.

>Play Random New World
>Always get 2000 shitty little islands
I wish there was a proper option to always get 2 large continents

There's probably a mod or something to do that

empire total war

I mean more like being an commune instead of the mother nation. Building, exploring and trading with natives.
I somehow like EU3 with Meiou more than 4. Any good mods for Civ 4 or EU3?

There's a mod about the Byzantines fleeing Constantinople and building a new empire in North America and pseudo-Sparta in Mexico in EU4

hello

Long live the Pacific States of America.

Is it optimized properly yet?

> Fucking Oregon Trail
> Dynasty Warriors series actually taught me a lot about the warring states in China which was only mentioned in high school level world history.
> Total War series
> Age of Empires
> Fucking Call of Duty

Name a better Total War mod; pro tip, you can't.

>No Wargame Red Dragon
Come on lads the cold war is some comfy Veeky Forums

Oy vey
youtube.com/watch?v=ija6httO7KY

If this isn't pasta, it is now >:).

based

Third Age or Fall of the Eagles.

*Historical
And FOTE was never finished and unbalanced from what I hear.

Stainless steel
Call of Warhammer
Battle for the middle Earth

Me.

Now, im recreating the Spanish Empire with Carlists.

Nope

Look I love SS as much as the next guy but its laughably easy. The hyper fast Religious Conversion and Recruitment system makes for easy conquest and immeditately moving up, whereas BC is much slower paced. BC also has special mod made Cutscenes, historical music from the time period and a much more sophisticated recruitment system.

How can someone have low intelligence and be a psychopath at the same time?

EUII its undone and broken at this time.

Why would you need high intelligence to be emotionally impaired?

Psychos tend to be smart. Or at least above average.

biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/01/17/100693.1

Doesn't seem that way, actually.

wish I had time to play the fuck out of these games, medieval tw2, ck2 and eu3 were so comfy

Not true at all, the smart psychos do very well for themselves but most psychos lack the intelligence to stay out of jail and generally lead pitiful lives.

>meta-analysis

Next time you are going to tell me the Holohoax was real

Tell you what, I don't say this often, I truly don't, but this is THE single most WHITE and most BASED post I've ever seen, ever. You talk about whiteness, just fucking take a look. You talk about basedness, check it, re-check it, then check it a third time. You will not find a more white, nor based post in this entire thread, I guarantee. Look how many posts we have left, it doesn't fucking matter, no post could be as white and based as this. And I don't just mean this thread, I mean ever, not in "muh 4chin" or "le reddit", not on the internet, I mean in the entite history of civilised and uncivilised humanity. No one has ever uttered a sentiment that perfectly epitomises whiteness and basedness quite like this post right here. I realise how modest and humble the poster of such a white and based post must be, but please, try not to be too restrained, you should let the entire world know just what a white and based poster they have been blessed with, don't hide your white and basedness, let all the world know that you are here, you are white, and you are based. Let no man challenge the hegemony of your statement as no true God with any moral fortitude about him would destine this to be anything but the pinnacle of creation, the zenith of humanity, quite simply, the whitest and basedest event ever in the legacy of our species. I'm having this engraved on my tombstone as it couldn't be possible to achieve a more unequivocally accurate declaration than this. I thank you greatly for enlightening my day, nay, my life, with this revelation of sanctity. Never let it be said by anyone or anything that you are not the single whitest and basedest event horizen in civilisation, a figure our people and our history will surely look back on in our darkest moments and proclaim "This is it. This is when we got it right."

Seriously this series of games is incredibly unfriendly to newcomers. I've pirated both WITE and WITP:AE and I can't get into them at all.
Atleast the AARs people write are top notch.

>Get Steel Division: Normandy
>Steam forums is just a bunch of Wehraboos whining about getting BTFO by 17 pounders when they use Tiger IIs in retarded attacks
youtube.com/watch?v=16gWRxv_aZY

How can you even enjoy these excel spreadsheet games? it just shows you numbers.

It's just me wanting something a bit more, Hearts of Iron 3/4 hasn't got the depth I want. Like I said though very difficult to get into.

EVERY ONE A KING!

Red Orchestra 2

>Operation Market Garden
>Fight on three sectors (Arnhem, Nijmegen, Son) either as allies or axis.
>psychological model. Soldiers can refuse orders if too much stress(near dead comrades, absence of leaders, no ammo etc)/suppressed. Likewise they can become berserk or heroic but that doesn't give them special powers they just yell and go out their way to assault a position until killed or success.
>Units don't have a health bar, weapons are modeled taking into consideration penetration values, weight, rate of fire etc
>Supply phase. You choose where and how (air- gets you more supplies but can only do it on one sector at the time, road- less supplies but can have multiple areas supplied) to send your supplies
>Lots of units to choose from. American, Polish and British paras, British armor and army inf., American army glider troops, SS, FJ, Heer troops.
>lots of weapons modeled. Most of the expected small arms, armored vehicles, tanks pz3 & 4, panther, jagdpanther, tiger 1 & 2, Jagdtiger, hetzer-flamethrower, firefly, sherman, crocodile and many more
>Amazing manual. Has a general story on WW2 from the beginning and of course market garden, sound library of voice cues and weapons and some videos of vehicles and weapons.

good taste

What's the full name? I'm not getting anything from the acronym.

Nevermind, read the file name, will kms later.

never played that one but my favorite is europa barbarorum

Random question, was anyone here a part of Iron Crescendo on Red Orchestra?

Mine too but with Alex exe.

The guy who pioneered the conversion originally had two setups: one light with only the essential files to be able to play with the Alexander expansion executable and one extensive with his own unrecorded modifications.

Well turns out the light one disappeared from the internet and only remains his bastard mod. Luckly, I found the light version on a polish hosting site, this after days of looking for it.

I hate when modders bastardise the works of other more serious modders. I get he does us a favor but fuck it.

And EB1 has been taken over by some cuck that is changing lots of shit too! And he is not documenting either, meanwhile his later version has lots of errors and all these bastard versions are confusing as fuck.