Never read a single philosophy author, always wrote my essays based on Wikipedia and Stanford entries

>never read a single philosophy author, always wrote my essays based on Wikipedia and Stanford entries
>still often on top of my tryhard class

Then why do you waste time and money on a worth less degree, if you're not even going to learn anything?

Same. Wikipedia and youtube are fucking great.

I can believe that, humanities are a complete joke.

But also this .

Because I want to feel good about shitting on my peers without any effort.

How much do you want to bet OP is referring to either his Highschool AP courses or some undergraduate elective courses meant for students who also take remedial English.

Why does this girl look so australian.

>often
Occasionally.

why do you assume that you can't learn this way?
face it, only sub-130 iq brainlets need to study and read books

I gotta agree, I think its the smugness.

Same

>Came top in uni history
>never once properly read a book, just used wiki for the overview and then kindle search feature to search for names and figures and key words to quote
Easy

Public schools were a mistake

>there are still people who think 21st century education isn't Imperial Chinese classics exam tier retarded

Most of the content in philosophy books are pseudo-logical "argumentations" to the points of the author.
If you just want to understand his message, reading an analysis is quicker and more direct, since most of them can be resumed to less than 10 pages.

I once had a hardcore conty professor, who was infamous for being incredibly arrogant and basically ditching every single student she met, praising me at the end of the year for having provided the single best interpretation of Heidegger she had read in years.

... I literally just looked up the "Heideggerian terminology" page on Wikipedia and did my essay around that, without relying on any other source.

You're probably pretty intelligent and a good writer. That or you go to a shit uni.

>top of all my classes in ivy league university
>don't even know how to read

Probably a mixture of writing decently and going to the University of Lisbon, which is somewhat renowned when it comes to philosophy (all sorts of dudes from Sartre to Chalmers have been here) but isn't necessarily world-renowned either (most sites rank it as a top 200, which isn't even all that high for Europrean standards)

Big deal, university is the new high school

IIRC the average IQ of college graduates fell by TWELVE points since the 1960s.

>Taking Summer courses
>Surprised that you're in a class full of idiots
What did you fail at, OP?

That means you're "studying" at a mediocre university.

It's the ruddiness and the smugness.

Because you're reading someone else's opinion on a philosophical work.