“If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes”

>“If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes”
>Warner Buffet

Was he right Veeky Forums?

Yes

yes, it's true. it's why i made sick gains from ANS / NEO, cuz I knew I would hold that coin forever.

if you dont even like a coin / stock but buy it because you want to flip it, you'll want to get rid of it ASAP, even if it's at a loss, once you see different opportunities arise.

no

alt coins are a fad

How have you made anything if you're still hodling it

Stocks pay dividends. NEO pays GAS, but NEO is… shit.

sprout for ten years

possibly

crypto's aren't stocks though, so if you wanted to apply the quote to them i'd change 10 years to 1

salty no neos

Very little that Buffet says has relevance to the people on this board. His style is a product of the fact that he's got billions of dollars to manage and can't just daytrade penny stocks and other risky shit.

For your average Veeky Forumsraelite, the primary concern is the acquisition of capital, which is generally only possible on smaller balances if one adds additional risk to their portfolio, whereas Buffet focuses more on capital preservation and is happy with a 10-15% return p,a.

This.

People without millions/billions can't benefit in the same way as the very wealthy can from simply holding on to high quality stocks.

It makes sense to buy Apple and generate thousands in dividends each year if you can afford to do so. But with small amounts of capital, you have to take on less risk to get meaningful amounts of gains.

tl;dr need lots of money or high risk tolerance to make gobs of cash

this,

and he has enough money to gauge 5-10 years out in a diversified portfolio so that he can collect gains every 5 years!

If I had that much fucking money I would do the same.

*take on more risk to get meaningful amounts

Warren Buffer is a fucking hack and would probably lose all his money in the fast-paced high-tech cryptocurrency trading world.

Was a solid mission but it's ogre now user, take your winnings and keep pushing forward, stop falling in love with the printing machines.

>stock

oh I am pushing my winnings forward. on NEO. :)

You think this is going to hit ETH levels or something ? ETH IS the chink ETH so be prepared to spend some time living like an XRP hodler, wasting months wondering why the price isn't increasing with all those rockets passing you by

>ETH IS the chink ETH
>he says, desperately clutching his ETH bags
lol

fuckhead buffet got 100k in the market in the 50s before america was fullly sold out to jew filth and niggers with affirmative action race loving bullshit. his shit crashed hard and ruined lives in 2008. hes a faggot pedo from another time talking like what worked in the 60's has any meaning. hes a douchebag crook. hes alredy dead but he doesnt realize it yet. stop idolizing rich old douchebags. hed be dead broke if he had to start investing in 2000 instead of 1950something. he cought the post war boom, we caught the post jew crime spree. forget warren buffet, kill jews

my ETH bags are all out on loan to other chances while it's quiet

damn. you're right.

...like legit right. You can't dismiss his wisdom, however, as some of those rules apply.

Buffet and other billionaires think it's hilarious to give the general public advice that they don't follow.

It's like that Jim Cramer guy, he doesn't even follow the advice he gives on Mad Money.

I'd say the accurate quote should be:
> If the stock has no value whatsoever and you're just going for a pump and dump, don't buy it.

You should at least believe in the company and that it will rise over the next year or so. I made a bunch of money on MGT and MGTI but I don't think I'll be holding it in 10 years.

This

>kill jews
qft

every STOCK is f-cking overpriced
only some humans have price, if you can enslave em