Why do all Scandnavian countries have a cross in their flag?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neva_Yacht_Club
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyländska_Jaktklubben
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Srlsy, why are their flaggs all so simmilar? And a cross? Thats looks more christianic that something from the norse mythology

>go on google
>search "Why do Scandinavian countries have crosses on their flag?"
>get answer
But no instead you decide to come her because you are such an isolated depressed bitch you need to talk to people about a dumb topic that nobody cares about.

Look up the history of Dannebrog. All other flags were copied from it.

I never noticed that until you pointed it out

I'd rather someone explain it put loud. It's way better if someone from Scandinavia speaks out, rather than i read a google article about it

I understand. I'm sorry for being so mean, user.

I'll explain.

God came down to Denmark and was like "bitch u need a flag" and then Denmark had a flag. Then all the other skandis were like "das bretty dope" and copied them.

Want more details, read the wikipedia article on Dannebrog.

Wow you're so sweet

>Thats looks more christianic that something from the norse mythology
Why would you think a Christian country would use norse mythology in the 15th century?

this.
Also, the guy who got the job to design the Norwegian flag spent all the money on bullshit and handed in a drawing his kid did where he coloured the danish flag wrong.

What's this? Someone being nice on Veeky Forums?

>Finland
>Iceland
>Faroe
>D*Mark
>scandinavian

wait wut source?
even if its in norweigen

Danish flag is more than thousand years old, was also used before Denmark became Christian

Denmark has some legend about their flag descending from the heavens during the baltic crusades.
Sweden chose their flag because some king had a yellow cross on a blue background on his coat of arms and his supporters used that flag in some civil war or something, I don't remember. There is also one legend about a golden cross appearing against the clear blue sky during a crusade in finland.
Don't know about the rest.

Fun fact, after World War 2 the conservative German parties wanted to adopt a similar design.

>God came down to Denmark and was like "bitch u need a flag" and then Denmark had a flag.
What were they using to identify their nation before that?

The Danish flag apparently fell from the skies during the Northern Crusades. Sweden got a similar story iirc. Norway had for most of their history used a golden lion on a red background but changed it into the cross version when they got their independence to fit in with Denmark and Sweden

Reminder finland's flag literally came from a Russian yacht club

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neva_Yacht_Club
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyländska_Jaktklubben

>D*Mark
Watch it faggot