What makes Escobar so fascinating

What makes Escobar so fascinating

He was a random dude who became the combination of John D. Rockefeller and a medieval warlord basically overnight, and it took the CIA, the DEA, Colombian government as well as rival cartels combined to take him down.

Cucks who naturally admire "succesful" men without any attempt to judge their real merits.

Recently started watching Narcos, damn good show

It's a good show and instantly better than 99% of Hollyshit production, but I don't understand why they had to invent that Judy Moncada character other than hamfisting a MUH STRONG FEMALE in it. It's not like Pablo has any shortage of real enemies.

He was a clever old school capitalist and knew a couple of things about politics too

He was just some dude and he reached the top and did things that Bond villains usually do.
Also the way he died.

The one reason why Escobar is so well known is because American media and politicians used him as a scapegoat. Not saying he wasn't important or anything, but they hyped him up to be some final boss of drug trafficking, pretty much the Osama bin Laden of narcos.

So uhhhh

How do you launder that much money anyways?

I've read a fantastic book about this issue in the late 90s, dealing solely with narcos laundering money. For the fuck of me I can't remember the name of it though.

mother fucking degenerate criminal that inspired the 'meme' of what it means to run a drug cartel. He should have been shot, and shoved into a ditch, and every last vestige of his creations immolated and erased from history.

>He should have been shot, and shoved into a ditch
That's pretty much what actually happened though.

Because he's a murderous drug lord who sell drugs to children and libercucks, and libercuks addict to drugs and eagerly want to legalize drug abuse, so naturally he becomes a favorite character of modern western society, especially "Hollyweed".

I'm worried about season 3 of Narcos. I'm not sure the Cali cartel can carry the show.

if you remember the title please post it

nothing, drug addicts just like to sympathize with him because he had "money"

A 4th season has already been ordered

I really don't care about ol' pab desu

Could be cool, Cali has an interesting history too.

Also, Pacho Hererra was my favorite character from the first two seasons.

Cali cartel is actually more interesting than Pablo who was just a common thug collaborating with the CIA, Cali was organized like a Fortune 500 company.

He and his cartel made more money per minute than I'll make in my lifetime.

You can be fascinated by him even if you don't like him. I consider him a spineless degenerate and a murderer but still getting that obscenely rich if you're from a poor country without being born into the money, that's definitely fascinating. And I'm very much against drugs or cartels.

Wiki says she is based on the real-life Dolly Moncada

He represent the colombian dream/lifestyle. many still praise and even respect him today.

Dolly Moncada was some random bitch who snitched on Pablo after he killed her husband. Not some mastermind cold blooded head of a drug cartel like Judy is in the show.

They couldn't. On paper, Pablo owned the most successful taxi company in all of Colombia (probably the world), but that still didn't come close to being able to launder all the money he had.

Lots of it was simply stored away, and he had to spend a small fortune on rubber bands for the stacks, and rats would eat millions of dollars every day (not that Pablo noticed any difference).

it's the current year

>and rats would eat millions of dollars every day (not that Pablo noticed any difference).
seems like an exaggeration from clickbait.com desu

>Recently started watching Narcos, damn good show

Season 3 of Narcos starts Sept.1

Daily reminder that Pablo's son thinks the show is shitty and inaccurate as fuck and omits some really spicy details (such as Pablo being on CIA and DEA payroll and openly collaborating with the US government until he became too much of a hindrance). I guess being portrayed by some retarded fat kid in the show wasn't very flattering either.

>Pablo being on CIA and DEA payroll
How the fuck could that not be included? Thats like a perfect story element

Because the creators based their show on transcripts provided by the DEA, obviously they wouldn't spill dirt on themselves.

it will be fine. Also, you all should watch El Chapo if you've finished Narcos; it's very similar but done by univision so in all spanish.

How did that happen?

Why the fuck did they cast a Brazilian of all people to play him

Jesus Christ, go take your irrational nigger anger somewhere else.
As this user pointed out, it's fun watching shows about degenerates. If the kikes didn't rule Hollywood, we could get some interesting series about Hitler's personal life and struggles without any Holocaust propaganda shit.

The show was obviously not meant for a spanish speaking audience

Hollywood was never not kiked. It's still okay to watch some of the shit they put out but you always have to keep that in mind.