How Turkish were the Ottoman ruling class?

How Turkish were the Ottoman ruling class?

>As a sophisticated ruling class, the Ottomans looked down upon the Turkish peasantry, calling them Eşek Turk (the donkey Turk) and Kaba Turk (stupid Turk). Expressions like "Turk-head" and "Turk-person" were contemptuously used by Ottomans when they wanted to denigrate each other.[29][30][31]

Other urls found in this thread:

eupedia.com/forum/threads/29733-Sultans-of-the-Ottoman-dynasty-may-have-belonged-to-haplogroup-R1a-or-J2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not very. Culturally they were practically Persian. All of them preferred speaking Persian over Turkish, which was regarded as the language of illiterate peasants.

>"The work of Iranians can be seen in every field of cultural endeavor, including Arabic poetry, to which poets of Iranian origin composing their poems in Arabic made a very significant contribution. In a sense, Iranian Islam is a second advent of Islam itself, a new Islam sometimes referred to as Islam-i Ajam. It was this Persian Islam, rather than the original Arab Islam, that was brought to new areas and new peoples: to the Turks, first in Central Asia and then in the Middle East in the country which came to be called Turkey, and of course to India. The Ottoman Turks brought a form of Iranian civilization to the walls of Vienna. [...] By the time of the great Mongol invasions of the thirteenth century, Iranian Islam had become not only an important component; it had become a dominant element in Islam itself, and for several centuries the main centers of Islamic have the power and civilization were in countries that were, if not Iranian, at least marked by Iranian civilization. [...] The center of the Islamic world was under Turkish and Persian states, both shaped by Iranian culture. [...] The major centers of Islam in the late medieval and early modern periods, the centers of both political and cultural power, such as India, Central Asia, Iran, Turkey, were all part of this Iranian civilization. Although much of it spoke various forms of Turkish, as well as other local languages, their classical and cultural language was Persian. Arabic was of course the language of scripture and law, but Persian was the language of poetry and literature".

The paternal line of the Ottoman dynasty was R1a (Central Asian), same can't be said for the majority of Turks.

source: my ass
Otttomans were J2, you Polish slavic subhumans stop wewuzzing about our own dynasty.

besides, 10% of Turks have R1a. Also not even mentioning haplogroups are not related to race

Genetically speaking, Osman I (Iranian Turkmen) Orhan I (Iranian Turkmen) Murad I (Half Greek half Turkmen) Bayezid (75% Greek 25% Turkmen) were the only sultans that are genetically identical to us.

No, they were R1a. Also I'm not a Slav.

6% of Turks carry R1a, that's practically nothing.

I literally posted the haplogroup of an Ottoman you imbecile spastic turd. It clearly says "J2"
Stop reading Eupedia. Now fuck off

eupedia.com/forum/threads/29733-Sultans-of-the-Ottoman-dynasty-may-have-belonged-to-haplogroup-R1a-or-J2

Neither R1a or J2 have been confirmed with certainty to be the original Ottoman line. R1a seems more likely, though, given that R1a is the original Turkic invader line.

Ottomans descended from Khorasan Turkmens and most of Central Asians except for Kyrgyz and Kazakh have J2 as their own main haplogroup.
And besides, this does not even matter haplogroups are utter trash.

in the ottoman period not many because they got all those giaour sex slave girls from europelar in their harems.

Ethnically, or culturally, OP? There are differing answers to both.

A bit.

In civilian/court life, they considered themselves refined Muslim Nobles with a Persiaboo slant. They spoke in Persian, were patrons of Persian arts, etc.

In military life, the Ottoman aristocrat adopted all the Turkic steppenigger warrior-memes of their ancestors. Like preferring to fight as bow twanging cavalrymen, wearing topknots, and military robes of steppe fashion.

Crazy to think that Persian culture was once prevalent from the walls of Vienna to South India.

>topknots

They wore hair like the cossacks and Hungarians, actually - a tuft left on top to grow. That is, if they weren't completely bald.

Also, it's wrong that Ottomans spoke in Persian - while a lot of the words used were primarily Persian, there were also a lot of Turkish and Arabic words, and most importantly, the wording structure and grammar of the language was still Turkish.

Turkish men often have shitty skull shapes and lose hair quickly so I wouldn't expect them to be able to do it. And I'm sure that further West nobody would look down on now-hipster shapes like that.

I met some Persians during my education and nearly all of them looked like something out of a modern art exhibition audience.

They spoke ottoman though at court.
It was a persianized form of turkish but it wasn't turkish.

Wasn't persian I meant.

>They wore hair like the cossacks and Hungarians, actually - a tuft left on top to grow.
Which is Steppenigger Culture.

Magyars used to hang around Steppenigger people until settling down.
Cossacks were Slavs literally LARPing as Steppeshit Raiders in order to form freebooting military societies in the plains. The word "Cossack" itself came from the Cuman word meaning "Freeman" or "Wandering Person."

They were self-hating diaspora.

That nonetheless means that they did not wear topknots. And to my knowledge, that hairstyle was somewhat prevalent amongst Hungarians all the way until the Austro-Hungarian Empire.