lrb.co.uk/v33/n21/pankaj-mishra/watch-this-man
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Francis E Dec, esquire

Herodotus obviously

Will Durant

David Irving

youtube.com/watch?v=8cAFpi4tHMM

Anyone willing to put his life on the line and be jailed for speaking the truth is /our guy/.

>Herodotus
Choose a better historian like Thucydides, not some fucking joker.

ma nigga

Jarod Dimond

David Irving

G.J. Meyer is my current favorite. His clear, concise prose is great.

David Duke

Get better at baiting

He's a scientist not a historian

This

Mary Beard and Nial Ferguson would be my favourites. Pic unrelated.

>Mary Beard and Nial Ferguson
*vomits profusely*

>Mary Beard

now whos baiting who?

>the truth
That's not how you spell bullshit

Max Hastings and Beevor

gavin menzies

Politics aside, her work speaks for itself.

I don't see what's wrong with Nial Ferguson, but I can see where you're coming from with Mary Beard.

tbqh everyone, and for some reason non-British people too, are blowing the BBC thing way out of proportion. The cartoons looked like they were made for primary school children, if not year 7s. They were designed to make sure that African/Carribean children would feel included in history lessons and therefore engage more in lessons. Noble intentions if you ask me. I highly doubt anyone taking a history GCSE would be under the illusion that Provincial Britain in 60 AD had a bustling community of Nigerian expats.

Besides, it's not as if Mary Beard and other historians aren't presenting people with valid arguments. The Roman Empire was diverse. The Auxiliary of the legions could contain peoples ranging from Celts to Nubians. The citizenship requirement for Legionnaires was often ignored. Of course, the whole black nobleman thing is a bit ridiculous since the man in question is supposed to be Algerian, but my point from before still stands.

Can we all stop pretending this is a huge issue of intellectual dishonesty? I like Mary Beard because her documentaries are excellent, as was her book SPQR.

This. The autism needs to stop.

its a lie in service of forced diversity user and you know it. And yeah, her and her defenders arguments are pure shit which is why she and everyone else had to abandon them completely and move the goal post to "w-well it was ethnically diverse!" because it had celts and Mediterranean romans

>Can we all stop pretending this is a huge issue of intellectual dishonesty?

no, retarded revisionist deserve to be cricified on here. We do it to stormfag denier retards and we will do it to any other sort of historical liars

>The autism needs to stop.

>believing herotodus

Truth. "The Complete Roman Army" has been fucking useful to me.

Top tier

FPBP

>I don't see what's wrong with Nial Ferguson
lrb.co.uk/v33/n21/pankaj-mishra/watch-this-man
WATCH THIS MAN
A
T
C
H

>its a lie in service of forced diversity user and you know it.
Listen here you little shit. Here's a redpill for you. I grew up in London and I both my primary & secondary school were "diverse". If presenting one Roman legionnaire as a black man means tonnes of black 9 year-olds get interested in history... then why the hubbub?

Like I said before, it's not like secondary school children are being taught that, and I quote myself, "Provincial Britain in 60 AD had a bustling community of Nigerian expats."

The BBC is LITERALLY only doing this because one of their responsibilities is to aid in the education of my country's children, and they are doing a good job by making all of our kids feel involved.

Is Kennan considered a good historian?

>I grew up in London

yeah, it was painfully obvious from your pathetic attempt to actually defend this retarded revisionism. No one is going to get interested in roman history because they saw a black person in roman armor, thats retarded and yet another goal post moving justification

>Listen here you little shit. Here's a redpill for you. I grew up in London and I both my primary & secondary school were "diverse".

Oh boy, a redpill from a cucked white or a non-white foreigner who was lied to his entire life that he's "British". Which one is it?

>If presenting one Roman legionnaire as a black man means tonnes of black 9 year-olds get interested in history... then why the hubbub?

Because its a lie. Because its blackwashing. Because its anti-white. Because its anti-British. Because it propagates the lie of diversity. Because it will not work. Because its marxism and social brainwashing aimed to fuel a modern ideology. BEcause it harms genetic British people while kowtowing to people who aren't British? GEE WHY WOULD PEOPLE HATE THIS.

Of course, we're on Veeky Forums. And we're probably talkign to see some braindead piece of shit "british" who thinks black children are equal to whites. Even though blacks don't THINK like you, they don't BEHAVE like you, they don't PRECIEVE the world like you, they are GENETICALLY different from you, don't have the same COGNITIVE ABILITY like you, but don't worry, they see some fucking nigger larping like a British on television, so now they'll totally become engaged, because you know, that's why people become engaged in history. Because there's a fucking nigger on television. Not because of genetics, and not because blacks have an average IQ of 85 so most of them won't even give a shit about history and will just contribute to racial differences in school discplinary actions in British schools. But hey, this is Veeky Forums, where somehow, its okay to deny racial differences because muh leftism.

I'm not joking. The fact that you aren't appealed by this, and the fact that you SUPPORT this with your illogical arguments, is just more reason that leftism is a mental disorder.

Seriously, fuck you. Take your anti-white bullshit elsewhere.

I'm not sure if I should feel bad for him since he wanted to be a novelist and he's only known as a historian. still great tho

>Ctrl+F Gibbons
>0 results

one job

but if they're going to eventually learn that it wasn't that diverse or to say it better, inclusive, why lie? I think it's counter intuitive desu

Not him but calling everything you dislike marxist and sperging about niggers when it's besides the point makes you look retarded even if you were right. You are making your own position a disservice.

>wow this is totally 1984 right guys hahaha

>No one is going to get interested in roman history because they saw a black person in roman armor
Yeah, I can't see why making children feel more included in history lessons would make them more engaged in lessons.

I'm not going to engage with his idiotic rant. If seeing a black Legionnaire on an educational video that was meant for 9 year olds can get you this angry, then it's clear that you must live a relatively stress-free life.
>MY WHITENESS IS ALL I HAVE

My original point was that people were blowing this out of proportion. Firstly, because it's not even a lie perpetrated by da jews with the intention of spreading "marxism" through the UK as a method of "brainwashing". It doesn't harm "genetic British people" (whatever that is).

I'm pretty sure none of you are British, so I will inform you that I was not told once in school that Ancient Britain was as diverse as today. You can rest easy.

him, it's fucking late here so I'm aborting the thread.

>hes still getting this mad defending this stupid shit

All the ones I can think of off the top of my head are brits, for some reason:
Gregory Clark
Tom Holland
Peter Heather
Paul Johnson
Tony Judt (debatable)
Pseudoerasmus (blogger)

Niall Ferguson is a casual.

Warren Treadgold is my favourite. John Wansbrough gets a thumbs up for causing eternal butthurt in the entire Islamic world (and for being right)

Holy shit seek help