What war(s) do you find the most interesting to study, and why Veeky Forums?

What war(s) do you find the most interesting to study, and why Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

history.com/topics/world-war-i/world-war-i-history/videos/world-war-i-one-word
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As cliche this may be, WWII just because of how much propaganda was told about the nazi's and how many lies have been told about it. I recommend to watch The greatest story never told.

I can't tell if these are actually genuine or just people taking the piss...

Genuine kek

Wow what an amazing history channel fail

for a couple of years ive been reading studies on german military operations and its enjoyable to read their military diaries, the opponents, no bullshit

not advised if you are a wehraboo

WW1 because it was both inevitable and somthing that never had to happen.

The same documentary also shows the Germans using B-17s in the Battle of Britain, while the Brits use P-51 mustangs, years before their invention too.

whats the point in a history channel when it cant educate correctly.

It was a good post until you get to TGSNT

Its not a bad documentary, i dont see anything wrong with recommending it desu

Same here

The victor is asked if he told the truth all the time, but the loser keeps ranting about how Poland should have given up half its territory because the loser demanded it.

It's extremely biased to the point of ignoring certain parts of history in order to fulfil its own agenda. Don't get me wrong, it has some useful information that you don't get from any other documentaries, but it erases a great deal in order to make Hitler look like /OurGuy/.

What's the source of the image?

history.com/topics/world-war-i/world-war-i-history/videos/world-war-i-one-word

History channel World war one documentary series

Apparently Patton single handed invented modern tank tactics during WW1 in his time traveling M3 stuart tank

I used to be highly interested in past wars when I was younger. I spent a lot of time thinking about the Peloponnesian war, Alexander's campaign, the Second Punic War, the Napoleonic Wars, the ACW, Bismarck's wars, WW1, WW2, and Vietnam. In other words, all the usual big hits that most MH buffs are interested in. I read to a lesser degree about stuff like the Seven Years War. I never learned much about the military history of the whole stretch from 500 AD - 1700 AD.
Nowadays I find myself thinking little about pre-nuclear military history. It's not that I think it is of no significance - I think that it still has many lessons to teach. But modern military affairs just interest me more for whatever reason. A major war between first-tier nations in the modern world would be like nothing the world has ever seen before. It would be extremely rapid, the situation changing by the minute, and extremely destructive if the two sides put in anything even close to their full arsenals.
Unfortunately that's just the beginning... there is no reason to expect that nuclear proliferation will reverse. Bioweapons are also probably going to proliferate. I expect that in the future more and more entities will have access to weapons of mass destruction.

not what happened but mkay. And NO ONE HAS EVER asked america and the brits about german death camps or how (((hey))) funded the commies and led Germany to its downfall. Or the ethnic germans killed in poland.
Every ruler has its faults there is no lying about that. Now that i think of it, it was very biased. But hard to come by a documentary with such truth. Its hard to find something with 0 bias and realizing how much propaganda that has been pumped into WWII. Would you know of a documentary like this im actually curious.

>Would you know of a documentary like this
No. We've got to wait another few decades before we start to get unbiased information about WW2. Kind of like how it took a while for the propaganda around Napoleon to fade away or even Caeser to the point where we can try to look at them from a neutral perspective.

Napoleonic Wars

Civil wars.

Russo Japanese war, Boxer rebellion and (the very cliche) ww1. RJ war is very underrated and interesting to me which is why I love it and I feel it was more impactful then people realised. I also love 1900's-1940's era.

You can't be serious. Anyone with a basic knowledge of WW2's chronology will know how glossed over everything in that documentary is. I've sat through the whole 6 hours and I can tell you it's utter rubbish. Putting aside the Holocaust denial utilizing conspiritard sources like the Leuchter report,, there are many instances where information vital to understanding the Nazis and their crimes is omitted. The invasion of Czechoslovakia wasn't even mentioned for Christ's sake. That just shows the intellectual dishonesty the maker of that "documentary" employs.

DESU, it is a really good doco. it talks about a lot of things that are almost completely forgotten by today's world.

Why is there an M3 tank with yankie troops from the first world war?

I am actually starting to get more interested in WWI because discussing it doesn't cause as much of a shit storm and in all fairness was one of does wars where many can agree that there was no right or wrong side. just a bunch of fools sending young men to die for a political fuck fest of epic proportions.

WW2 specifically the pacific campaign is just so fucking cool

>how (((hey))) funded the commies and led Germany to its downfall.
Germans funded the commies and lead Germany to its downfall tbqh