FOR THE EMPEROR

Was he a good emperor?

He was kind of a yes man, just sat there and signed of things that the government would have done anyway during ww2. Hirohito struck me as someone who didn't really want his position, he said "I first found freedom in England" or something like that, because he loved the causal and friendly attitudes of the British royals. He also seemed more interested in travelling, marine biology, Disney and just having fun compared to being considered some sort of Jesus figure.
Here he is enjoying a spot of golf in England.

Compared to granddad? No.

Better than his father though who was legit mentally unstable.

>legit mentally unstable
care to elaborate, user?

>The new emperor was kept out of view of the public as much as possible. Having suffered from various neurological problems throughout his life, by the late 1910s, these maladies made it increasingly impossible for him to carry out public functions. On one of the rare occasions he was seen in public, the 1913 opening of the Diet of Japan, he is famously reported to have rolled his prepared speech into a cylinder and stared at the assembly through it, as if through a spyglass.[11] Although rumors attributed this to poor mental condition, others, including those who knew him well, believed that he may have been checking to make sure the speech was rolled up properly, as his manual dexterity was also handicapped.

He could barely leave the palace only 6 years into his rule.

>rolling up your paper and looking at the room like a spy glass.
>suddenly a fucking lunatic.
Are Japanese people this fucking dense? I do that all the time. It's harmless and fun, why can't the Emperor have harmless fun?

Japan is the ultimate "no fun" society,

Japan's "le weird XD" image today is basically the 60's (and even 40's) born generations way of rebelling against the autism of their traditional society.

The funny thing is that same culture is being utilized by corporate powers of Japan's society to market Japanese shit and is now fast becoming serious business.

Considering the emperor was viewed as a living God on earth, probably not best to have his mental illnesses public. Apparently it came from having meningitis as a child, which would certainly do it.

There is nothing about paper-spyglasses that suggests mental illness. When I think of mental illness, I think of some things much more severe than some juvenile display.

No that bit was just an eccentricity, I left it because of the part about his physical handicap. Everyone who knew him said he didn't exist in reality.

There's plenty of other evidence of Taisho's illnesses like those around him saying he lacked any charisma whatsoever (especially compared to his dad), not attending ceremonies and plenty of issues in childhood and physical problems.

>he didn't exist in reality.
Japanese Emperors are incompetent to lead because something about the Imperial family's genetics makes them wistful, day-dreamy, and generally disconnected with the concerns or demands of the world around them, which is objectively a happier and more contented existence than actually dedicating yourself to the governance of a monarchy, but leads to the fact that the Imperial family lineage cannot possibly get its shit together and actually try to lead. From Heian, to Edo, to Meiji.

Funny how the most autistic royal family was and is the longest reigned.

You try being the equivalent of the pope for shintoism. I'd want to quit after a decade of ceremony conducting too.

Again though, he had meningitis as a child, which can cause brain damage.

>physical weak and sickly
>uncharismatic and strange
>thoughtful, but lacking care for those around him
>autism enables him to achieve stunning feats in his area of interest while remaining utterly incompetent in all other fields

Would Taisho be on r9k?

Well he married a 15 year old

He also had a thing for learning languages because his autism let him learn French, Mandarin and English I think. He loved learning languages and even tried to make a mix up language of Japanese and French.

>Charles now has a Friend

Don't forget that he was also trying to learn Korean as well, the absolute madman.

How did Meiji pop out this one

>to Meiji

Hold on, bullshit. Meiji jumped at the chance to govern, the people who put him in power thought he'd be like every other emperor and thus easy to manipulate. But he was a superb head of state.

I don't think he was on that level

What if Himmler was actually Hirohito and all he did was change his mustache to switch characters?

heh

I've always though Himmler looked kind of Japanese.

I've always thought it was an early example of Minamata Disease

I think Taisho would be more reddit, Kaiser Wilhelm II is the most /r9k/ historical figure

Kaiser Wilhelm would probably be Veeky Forums

What about Chichibu? Would he have made a better emperor?

Japan would be the greatest nation at Rugby besides New Zealand