How comes Christians on this board believe less into the "Love Thy Neighbour" part and more into the "Kill infidels"...

How comes Christians on this board believe less into the "Love Thy Neighbour" part and more into the "Kill infidels" (Jihad) part?

because christianity doesn't work in the same way that communism doesn't work, lmao!

Because Christianity has lost its vigor nowadays. It panders to all, which has completely undermined it and has led to people leaving the faith; this is why the Churches are empty in many places across the Western world.
Their push to make Christendom a fighting force may forsake their souls, but it will save the faith.

It's almost like most people who post in religion threads are role playing as the most edgy version of whichever side they've chosen to take, to be deliberately provocative and generate more lulz..

So bascially, you want to turn Christianity into Islam?

I never gave an opinion.
The Bible inhibits Christianity from becoming like Islam, as Islam is a complete ideology as well as a religion.
The Qur'an and a-Hadith have rules concerning war, politics and society.
The Bible has the Old Testament, however this doesn't cover it in anywhere near as much depth - it is also just a record of the Israelite's, not rules to be followed like the New Testament.

THE NOTION OF "LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF" IS JUDEOCHRISTIAN DRIVEL, ORIGINATING IN LEVITICUS —A BOOK OF THE TORAH—, AND BOLSTERED BY THE CRYPTOJEW "MARK" IN HIS PSEUDOGOSPEL; IN THAT PHRASE "NEIGHBOUR" MEANS "FELLOW JEW".

TO VANQUISH UNBELIEVERS IS THE DUTY OF ANY FAITHFUL BELIEVER IN GOD.

Christians on Veeky Forums are edgy LARPers.

I forgot to add, through religious bodies such as the Catholic Church, Orthodox Church, Mormon Saints, etc... rules can be added, this is what allowed for the Crusades as an example.
The problem with hierarchical bodies is that they can contradict scripture (Catholics worshiping Mary).

>lulz
so """ironic""", possibly underage retards who think it's 2006?

>"Kill infidels" (Jihad) part
What Christians are saying this?

Kill yourself

There's nothing wrong with revering the theotokos and it's not a catholic thing. Only protestants hate Mary.

>Mother of God the Father
>only begotten son
pick one Marians

The old timey concept translated a lot more to paternal, strict love. Basically, spank your neighbor and train them up to see the truth and right way of living, like you would your child.

That concept faded as humanist traditions became more popular and everyone had a hard-on for enlightenment ideas to the point of buying into whatever propaganda made older history look like a bunch of savage retards. Lots of those still exist today, like the iron maiden.

You should love your neighbour, but these people are not our neighbours, these people do not wanna come over for BBQ and a cold one with the lads, they want to kill us and nowhere does it say "Love the plague that tears down your walls and devour your home". People should start thinking further than their nose goes when it comes to matters like these to simply do their desperate yet meager best to "prove" someone wrong on the internet.

Eastern Orthodoxy is well strong and growing in many parts of the world, especially France lately!

Pic half-ish related?

This is Veeky Forums. There are no Christians here, really. Oh, I'm sure loads of us have been baptized and perhaps a very few of us go to church or show some sort of practice, but there's really nothing compatible between being a part of this "community" and leading a Christian life.

It's all just LARPers, people interested in some sort of cultural "christendom" and a few people who genuinely have an interest in religion despite not having any real personal devotion.

/pol/

I don't. But Jesus wasn't a pacifist by any means.

monotheisms and universalistic ideologies always do that latter part; they say the former because it's par for the course but the reason they exist is to conquer

>The Bible has the Old Testament, however this doesn't cover it in anywhere near as much depth - it is also just a record of the Israelite's, not rules to be followed like the New Testament.
I can't believe people still believe this.

>"For verily I say unto you, Till
heaven and earth pass, one jot or one
tittle shall in no wise pass from
the law, till all be fulfilled." - Jesus, Mathew 5:18

>[list punishments for fucking an animal - go into so much detail you list different punishments for men and women and age. Goes on to list how many times a day you are to fuck your wife based on income and profession.]

There's tons of fundamentalist Christian sects that believe the old covenant is every bit as valid as the new, and there's plenty of quotes from Jesus to defend that position.

As guides, the religious texts are equally insane. The two religions only differ so much in flavor because the people who follow them are under such radically different circumstances. When things are going well, and powers, both internal and external, aren't encouraging extreme fundamentalists to topple people they don't like, the Mussies are just as apt to ignore huge swaths of their texts and loosen up as the Christians.

Books don't make the religion, they don't interpret or enforce their rules - people do. Even Buddhists will become raging murderers, if pushed hard enough.

Because my neighbors are niggers and (((liberals)))

How many planes have been flown into buildings by christians in the past few decades?
How many trucks driven into large crowds?
How many bombs detonated at public places?
How many stabbings of random people on the streets?
How many states created that regularly enslave, rape, and murder people for believing differently?

Your comparison is entirely, one hundred percent, retarded as fuck.

reactionaries see that the erosion of Christendom is inherently counter productive to their cause of a European mono culture.

However Christianity today mostly concerns itself with helping the poor and reaching out to nonbelievers and heretics. These action are contrary to their political ideas which emphasis hierarchy.

Therefore by going into the historical past they are using examples of Christian behavior that appeal to them, like the crusades. Even though most Christian scholars today would think of such things as at the very least misguided. But the reactionaries uses these examples to argue Christianity was and should be like this, because then it could serve their larger goals

Read Romans 8: 1-4, Galatians 5: 1-4, James 2: 10.

And Jesus fulfilled the law when he died on the cross.

>The Qur'an and a-Hadith have rules concerning war, politics and society.
As does real Christianity. The "Islam is political and Christianity is not" is a me-me spread by protestants. It allows them larp as Christians while worshiping their godless secular governments, and it gives them perceived moral points against the big bag Muslims who actually take their religion seriously; a mindset alien to the oh-so-enlightened protestant -- a Christian so enlightened he doesn't even need to follow Christ's teaching -- Amazing! To him Christianity is nothing more than a comfort blanket that can be discarded whenever convenient.

I should also add that the view that Christianity is not political is the very thing that's killing it. It puts man's laws and opinions above God's, and thus weakens the influence of the Church and faith.

Holy shit this, I suppose it's only obvious to oldfags.