Am I The Only One Shorting BTC?

The market is insane

Shorted at $2,800, please kill me.

Half way through redemption by buying btc and selling at 2.5x it's price though

why would it keep rising when the fees are like 6 gorillion satoshis per transaction

Shorted at 4050, should I just buy back in and accept a 300 dollar profit loss?

who is making a market for shorting bitcoins?

Yes.

you think the world is running out of money to invest?

My brain says it will correct any second. That's why I am NOT shorting. This shit ALWAYS does the opposite of what makes sense. 10k next week with confirmation times of 10 days

i don't know how to short but i'm starting to buy eth with btc

bow down to the money skeleton. It's safer than shorting, but yes, shit is about to go down for btc.

I remember how many people were saying the same thing before the rise to 4k+ and got fucked trying to short. Not riding btc's shitty dick but just be careful

Bitmex. You can smell the alcohol and cigarettes when you arrive on the landing page.

learn TA. it's going up

only crypto with any reputation and market cap.

that's almost like shorting dow jones long term, ugh...could get ugly

wealthy people and institutions are moving money into cryptos
this is far from a bubble

This is a 70bn+ coin, it's not pajeet money anymore

it's so artificial and manipulated, you're insane to short it

Okay Biz gameplan, how safe am I if i spend the next year stacking my cryptocurrency walley with precious jewels.

Next year I wanna do the Army national guard so I'll be away for 7 months. I won't miss out on any happening will I? cuz i'd kms, i'll be a statistic

should i sell now?

What price is your short entry and where is your stop?

what is shorting bitcoins mean, google doesnt show anything

did you mean bch?

the BTC shorters must be punished.

don't panic. keep holding.

Invest in OMG now. You would be rich when you get back from national guard. Assuming you are dropping 1k+

Whats shorting?

nobody answer this guy

>learn horoscope

Ha you just did

it's where you jack off until you're about to cum, then stop

It's a spread betting trade by buying out right spot forwards via derivatives on the underlying instrument (Bitcoin in this case) and catching the interest differential based on the difference of TIPS borrowing rates set by libor.

so this is what happened in 2008

trade spoofing

Buying Monero is shorting Bitcoin

It's where you do "short" investments where you start small initially and every x increase in the price of BTC, you buy another "short" investment. It's pretty much like normal, but with smaller risk/reward

>shorting crypto
>calling others insane
When will you retards learn not to short crypto?

How many sexy ladies do I need for a lambo like this?

im long on the eth/btc ratio. i think the upcoming btc crash will pull down the usd values of both by a lot, but eth will decrease by a smaller percentage and the ratio will get smaller

how do you shot btc? what exchange do you use?

STOP SHORTING YOU KEKS
BUY MORE GOD DAMMIT

yes

Don't listen to these assholes. Shorting is a concept native to blockchains that relies on locally centralizing a portion of the decentralized Proof-of-Work ledger. Long story short it enables the lead party of a decentralized autonomous organization, for example, to remain trustless to the greatest extent possible without compromising cross blockchain interoperability.

>this is what all mission statements of scam coins sound like and people still buy them

I said this shit would happen two months ago:
>Last minute shenanigans before Aug 1
>But after Aug 1 price would boom because the uncertainty passed
>But then more bullshit would pop up because the people who steer bitcoin are some of the most manipulative psychos on the planet and there are no laws that keep them in check
And here we are. I think what's going on is the Bitcoin goons realize that other coins have tech and developer buy-in that BTC itself will never have, because not many people want to work for the manipulative psychos that steer BTC, so they're just taking the manipulation to the next level to squeeze whatever money they still can out of this scheme before dumping it all and moving to Monero or ZCash or Signatum.

From now until all the BTC variants die it is just going to be an endless circus of more and more bullshit. One week BTC is in critical danger like never before, Next week hey it is saved rejoice, Next week oh no it is all over again, repeat.
And if you let yourself be sucked into this narrative like it is all just real natural events and not manufactured then you will have a very bad time.

Just remember, Bitcoin really does not have a "network effect". There are only 50,000 or so people who own any significant amounts of Bitcoin (meaning, more than a few BTC), and they own practically all of it and just horde it. The mass of volume of Bitcoin traded each day is just to power crypto exchanges, and when they are replaced by various decentralized exchanges most of that volume will be gone.

It doesn't matter what technology they add to any Bitcoin variant. For most people to get any BTC coins, they have to buy them from the most manipulative psychos from the planet, and most people would just rather go without. Bitcoin will never have a remotely stable price over long term that will enable it to be a normal currency; it will always be a scammy coin, but one you can make money trading if you can outscam the scammers.

>it will always be a scammy coin, but one you can make money trading if you can outscam the scammers.
And this is why the amount of bullshit going on with Bitcoin and variants will just exacerbate exponentially from this point forward, as one scheme after another plays out until it is impossible to know wtf is going on.

>Never become a currency
Disregarding your overall position that I do also disagree with, I really wish people would stop acting like BTC can or should become a currency at this point.
A coin becoming a full currency is not a good thing.

If bitcoin became a currency, no one would make money. People need to let go of the idea that bitcoin is a currency. Its not.
Its a store of value, the only exception to which is that it can be exchanged conveniently in certain limited contexts (like if you're actually into donating, you could use BTC for that I guess. That's not a defence of using it that way or not, I'm just saying it can be used that way). Using it as a medium of exchange where the valuation is based on BTC alone is stupid; You lose money and introduce various risks when what we already have is a safer bet towards getting whatever we all ultimately could hope to achieve (i.e. economic profit for all).

If bitcoin becomes a true currency, the price of BTC will steadily fall as the price of goods and services rises (e.g. 1 somecoin worth 1 hotdog first year. Next year, they can't get enough hotdogs fast enough so they raise the price to 2 somecoins. That would apply for everything and eventually turn it into true forex where you can't just hold and hope for profit. Simple, basic shit).

If, on the other hand, bitcoin stays as it is and is successful, we can help each other grow money.

But it is annoying the mentality you often see around coins.

You know, just becomes someone fucks up a trade or two doesn't mean they're completely out of the game.
You don't have to be pure evil to make profit, you just have to do better than other people. If everyone was smart, you can still profit...
I can never understand trolls.

*You'll just do better if you do better than some other people.

Pretty sure I'm still fucking up what I'm trying to say.
Oh well.

bch is going to moon again within the next 12 hours

If it can be forked over and over again to create more, just like BCH, then BTC is not a store of value. Its a currency.

A store of value would be something in which it retains its value due to its scarcity like precious metal. Don't bring me bullshit like "once asteroid mining is up, your precious metals will go to zero" because the amount of precious metal is still finite for now, just like crypto.

The standing problem now with crypto, BTC in particular, is that it doesn't know what the fuck it wants to be. A store of value like precious metal or a currency?

If it becomes a store of value, then due to its high value, it becomes impractical to be used just like precious metal. Don't give me bullshit like how its divisible down to sat value and shit because you can't send $1 worth of BTC to buy a hotdog when the transaction fees would cost $5.

Cryptospace is a mess, BTC needs to die already to let better alts flourish.

sell wall down, here we go

Went long on eth against btc at 3400. I lost quite a bit of money when btc skyrocketed 1000 more points. Caution.

Actually, even store of value isn't particularly accurate, now that I think about it.
I'll concede that its not comparable to gold or anything like that.
Its more like a game where the object is to produce profit.

BTC works on pure desire for profit. Admittedly, you have to have enough and make enough to get over fees, but as long as you keep it in, you should be fine assuming BTC remains successful.

We also might want to keep in mind that there is demand for lower fees and a decent enough number of exchanges competing.
If they made the fee always cost more than the BTC you gain or put the fee high enough that a normal person just wouldn't ever buy BTC, BTC would fall pretty damn hard.
There's too much money banking on BTC for that to really happen.

x100 leverage since 3600 on 400 dollars

It's like shortcake. You only are supposed to eat a little bit, when buying bonds/stocks, you buy a little bit at a time, instead of buying a shit ton (usually as much as you can) all at once. People do this so if the price falls, you still have a little bit of liquid to buy in.

the bubble hasn't even started

Just fucking look it up on investopedia.
Don't listen to anyone on this godforsaken board.