Is it too late to get on the coding/programming train?

Is it too late to get on the coding/programming train?

No

Yes

You can still hop in.
The automatisation in the average company is not very high yet.

Be sure to do robotics as well.

never too late

also if ur talking about as a career u might wanna aim for the computer science/Engineering train because everyone need it. get that 60k salary easy

Who is this guy again?

STEM is dead. If you're not in FIRE you're going to be a cube drone the rest of your life.

>specialize in robotics
>FUCK YEAH! I'M GOING TO MAKE MECHAS
>1st day on the job
>wtf? are you a roomba?

>FIRE
>not cube drone

why on earth would anyone think it's too late to learn how to program

what if you're 35?

as a new grad its pretty rough out there. i had 4 software development internships, graduated in june, and only accepted an offer at the beginning of this month. its below average for the area (Seattle), but it was the best offer i got so i took it.

if you want to be ahead of the curve, work a software development gig while going to school. all of the people that did this got really good offers in Seattle/Silicon Valley/New York.

Interesting.

Im not a cmpsci student, but my compsi friend is in his final year of college, and hes alrrady had an offer from his internship for 120k base a year + options + amenities

To be fair hes at stanford, i hear they are pretty in demand

even communications or political science majors at stanford get great jobs earning tons of money

STEM - Science Tech Eng Math

FIRE - Finance , ___, ___, ___ ?

Software developer here.
Here is the thing - if you're gonna be coding for a salary, no its not worth it. You'll be pressured by clients, managers, and coworkers, and this is not a profession where you're more valued with age. Most of the work is building CRUDs, you have to know people or be TRULY talented to work on good research projects. If you're hired on as a consultant/ "subject matter expert", expect to be thrown into the fire with minimal training of company products and have an obligation to deliver the shit sales promised the clients (the world), As an employee you will be pressured by cheaper outsourced competition at both high end (central-eastern Europe) and low end (south-south-east asia).

The ONLY reason to go into software is to build your own products. Ideally you spent your college years looking for bright, highly motivated people to make a team and build a prototype that is favorably received by the market. From there the paths are limitless - unloading the product to incubators/investors and leaving with the core group to start the next one (serial entrepreneur path), or growing privately. This path will allow you to control your destiny and work with the best people that you picked yourself, or at least where your word counts.

If you're not as cocky as to follow this path, your best chance at fulfillment and financial independence is creating a small saas product that supplements your income and allows you to use discretion when picking jobs and coworkers.

Do Information Systems, the code monkey new grad jobs are over saturated rn

It's boring as fuck but it's one of the highest demand majors right now

gay

finance
insurance
retail or real estate
engineering

>this is not a profession where you're more valued with age.

As opposed to what?

WHAT Are some examples of jobs with information systems

It's never too late but it won't be as profitable as 10 years ago, on average. On average is the important part. You can still make $$$$$$ if you're creative.

is this a fucking degree? never heard of it desu

uhhhhh dont get into programming....get into the network side of things. Get into how networks operate and communicate with eachother, every company big or small needs their network up and running. Not every company needs a programmer to design a webpage.

What the fuck kind of question is this? Just google some tutorials and see if you like it. If you don't think it's cool as fuck then don't bother. Easy. As a programmer you'll have to get used to googling hundreds of things a day anyway.