Why were swedish kings such alpha-males?

>Always looked aesthetic af
>Fought alongside their men on the battlefield
>Rarely got more than 40 years old
>Expanded Sweden from a petty kingdom to an empire

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_(history)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwedentrunk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Empire"

>This is what Sweden calls an "empire"

>empire
*great power
i dont know why it's called an empire in english.
t. swede
anyway yes i agree that we had some pretty cool kings in this time period.

It consisted of strategically valuable land and was more powerful than all it's neighbors. So yes

They were bloodthirsty tyrants that taxed or bled the peasants to wage stupid wars far from home. Thankfully kings like Adolphus or Charles XII got rekt'd.

T. Pekka Suominlainen

Oh, is yesterday guy trying to make a thread to be able to claim that his country is relevant.

He is also samefagging.

Well yes but that doesn't change the facts. Swedish """empire""" meant suffering to ordinary people.

>Charles XII
never started any war, and i wouldn't call defending the kingdom "stupid". also he and his father (mostly his father) carried out massive reductions against the nobility and increased peasant rights.

I'm not claiming my country is relevant itt you dip. I'm claiming our kings were alpha males, which is an indisputable fact

>i wouldn't call defending the kingdom "stupid"

He did fuck all to defend Finland from Russian atrocities while whoring up in Ottoman empire

because the army was destroyed. after his death cossacks raided sweden as well on orders of tsar peter.

>because the army was destroyed.

Why not treat with Russians to stop the rape of Finland? Because he was ambitious little tyrant. Should have died earlier.

>Why not treat with Russians to stop the rape of Finland?
then they would have control of the baltic sea, and a navy there, further threatening the country in the future.
also what were his ambitions? he didn't want to take over anything.
also, another point. i don't think it was fair to say he "whored" in the ottoman empire. i'm not well read on his time there but i remember reading that he was never known to have any intimate contact with women. it's speculated he may have had something like aspergers or was gay or asexual.
if you want to pick on a swedish king, i'd forward you to Charles X Gustav.

>after his death cossacks raided sweden as well on orders of tsar peter.

Not to be rude or anything, but some raiding is fuck-all compared to several years of occupation that the Finns had to go through, some of which was extremely harsh... just in case you were wondering why Charles XII tends to be viewed a bit differently over here in Finland compared to Sweden.

well of course. still, many towns where i live were destroyed.
also i don't worship him either or something, i just think he's very interesting.

>Occupation

...so what term would you use to describe the period of Russian control in Finland between 1714 and 1721?

GREATER WRATH

Well sure, but I thought I should stick to terms that foreigners actually recognize.

Sweden was one of the countries that curtailed power of nobility earliest and gave a lot of rights to peasants, especially to farmers.

>valuable land
Mostly frozen wastelands or marches
>was more powerful than all it's neighbors
kek

At the Swedish empire's prime the Baltic Sea was a Swedish lake and they controlled most of the major urban areas bordering the Baltic. They were containing Poland and Russia.

Sweden had the best armed forces in Europe during the 17th century after Spain and France.
They beat Polish, Russian, Danish, German forces in battle over and over again despite being outnumbered.

Stormaktstid

You mean, the one Swedish king that anyone can name?

>Sw*den
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_(history)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwedentrunk

*blocks your path*

The Swedes actually just call it 'Stormaktstiden,' which translates directly as 'the Great Power Era.' Calling it an empire is an Anglo-invention.

>It consisted of strategically valuable land
The strategically most important part of the Baltic Sea area, the Danish Straits, was still outside of Sweden's grasp.

>was more powerful than all it's neighbors
Sweden's power at this point was entirely derived from having an, at the time, heavily modernized army and administration. The country itself was still poor, and Swedish regents therefore also weren't considered valuable marriage arrangements, and the country's greatest, and only, contribution to European philosophy was killing Descartes.

>our kings were alpha males
This is some seriously cringey reddit-shit right here.

t. Swede

Retarded amerifat negro spotted

Suomalainen, you fucking fork-tongued pretender.
Suominlainen means absolutely nothing.

Will keep in mind

>the country's greatest, and only, contribution to European philosophy was killing Descartes.
But what a contribution it was.

gib reparations for deluge

CAROLUS REX