Crypto trading bots

>make a bunch of bad calls
>hold when I should sell and buy dips
>sell when I should hold a little longer
>lose large amount of my stack when everyone was making 100%+ gains
>haven't had time or courage to chase all the recent moonings
>decided to write a bot

I obviously can't be trusted by hand to make investments myself, so I'm writing my own trading bot
I'll probably finish after the recent booming is done though, hopefully there's more gains to be had later.

Anyone else here /bot/trader?
I've drafted a bit of an algorithm I think might work and will test drive it with a few hundred dollars to see if it can make returned

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bibz0r/cryptoBot
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know shit about it, but if you get it working and profit then I'd pay for the code.

Are you using some kind of adaptive AI, or are you coding an expert system?

Share the algorithm. People can then give some opinions about it.

I too would like to write a bot for Bittrex. Last night I finished writing a .net class, a client for Bittrex API.

Don't know much about AI, but I guess MACD, RSI and OBV might be the indicators to monitor at for determining buy and sell triggers. But fuck, do I really have to request the market history and calculate those indicators myself? Can't find any possible API calls to get them as baked and ready from bittrex.

is called GunBot

I don't see how whales aren't going to make hedging slimly profitable. Also, the old saying is that you are picking up pennies in front of a bull doser.

Been interested in this as well OP. I'm still learning about trading but I had a successful month and think I found a profitable pattern.

I came across an open source project called Quatloo but it seems to be dead. Some user's earlier today said they use Linux machines and execute their trade's via the command prompt.

No real leads in web results so I'm going to need someone to explain to me where to start because I have a pattern, I just need to know how to write the algo.

Well, what is it? Explain it.

It will depend on which indicators you use. And what is the success rate?

Test what you make first and take fees into account, refine your algorithm, then put money in. This has been my plan, but personally making good gains investing by hand. Good luck m8

Glanced over it and it seems cool, but being an American and someone who wants to pay taxes without going to jail over virtual coins, I can't do margin trading legally.

I have a lot more to write for it and come up with new scenarios, but basically it's a FOMO bot that buys into things that are rising and sells off anything that's not moving, or sells off anything that's falling much faster than it would buy. That way it chases things on their upwards movements and sells them the moment it looks like it's going down.

bumping because I'm interested in something similar, doing something like statistical analysis to discover interesting patterns in price action.

how is it margin trading? it's buy low sell high

>>make a bunch of bad calls
>>hold when I should sell and buy dips
>>sell when I should hold a little longer
>>lose large amount of my stack when everyone was making 100%+ gains
>>haven't had time or courage to chase all the recent moonings
>>decided to write a bot
>
>I obviously can't be trusted by hand to make investments myself, so I'm writing my own trading bot
>I'll probably finish after the recent booming is done though, hopefully there's more gains to be had later.
>

>Anyone else here /bot/trader?

>I've drafted a bit of an algorithm I think might work and will test drive it with a few hundred dollars to see if it can make returned

github.com/bibz0r/cryptoBot

take this

no AI gents, just if's and elses and connecting to a market api. there are a several bots but thinking to make my own. will share it here afterwards

The bot margin trades on polo

I'll check it out for reference, but I'd never blindly go in on someone else's code and expect it to make me money

One of my problems is a feeling that when I put a sell order for a higher price, mystically a large sell wall appears later onto that price range and I feel that the wall sort of scares the price progression and the price falls back down.

So if I see a clear oscillation in the price and I decide to throw a buy order on its low point and sell order on its high point, the price spirit gets angry and prevents the price to go back to the high point.

Clearly there's something I'm understanding the wrong way, or at least something's fucky. What is it?

I still don't know how to read the indicators or overlay's on the graphs. Basically I pick a coin that is trying to find it's floor and I "progressive bet" against the fluctuations in sats. I have gotten pretty good at analyzing the candlestick charts, so when I think it's bottomed out I purchase half my total btc wallet value. If I was correct, I quickly sell it off before it can dip on me, and take a $20 profit. If I was incorrect, I would let the coin continue to fall until it finds it's new floor. When stabilized, I purchase the remaining half of my wallet balance to lower my dollar cost average. Rinse & repeat. I have accumulated .02 btc using this strategy to day trade ripple last week.

that's a very simple bot... i hardly doubt it's profitable/efficient

Similar stuff is done one the CME / Globex you can watch them in the order book keep refreshing the offer usually this is a execution algorithm working a large order usually of iceberg ordertype when you see that happening in the order book you can step in and put your limit offer just below theirs and if you get a fill you can scalp a few ticks by leaning on their offer if they don't pull their offer.

who here interested in coding an AI bot with me? I'm pretty good with all kinds of deep learning (yes, also RNN); also masters in theoretical particle physics and business administration

I come to biz to read some stuff about business and finance and it is literally 99% coins. Fuck me guys.

I am in to this shit too (30% of my net worth in BTC and Ethereum) but seriously this is absurd, do any of you guys even invest in the stock market / index fund ETFs too? Where is your diversification?

I may be. What languages are you looking to use?

fuck, diversified with, you

while(i=0){
currentprice=get_price()
buyprice=load_buy_price_from_SQL()
if(currentprice>buycurrent){
sell()
}
}

the AI framework is in python but the inference and further manipulations can be done with anything