Was colonialism good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A0C4_88ub_M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh yes!

No it was evil and we should have let the Africans live in even more squallow than they already do while we throw them billions of dollars.

>we should have let the Africans live in even more squallow than they already
idk m8, if Colonialism didn't happen, Africans would've remained in their primitive small-ass states with their sustainable populations.

Not exactly squalor.

No.

Benign protectorates like Bechuanaland are the best way to go

We wasted millions on building schools for niggers while our own people were starving in coal mines.

idk but this thread definitely won't be

Damn whites, leaving behind engineering skills, transportation rail lines and sanitation and showing Africa to world trade.

They'd come to live in squalor regardless if they were colonized or not.

>historical gdp figures

Short term bad but long term good.

How do you leave behind a skill? I thought they were just used as cheap labor and were generally not educated. I mean if you pull shit like that don't start crying when it doesn't get maintained since nobody would even know how.

>How do you leave behind a skill?
Well user, there's this concept called "learning" that it would seem Africans are having real trouble with.

Yes. It brought civilization to savage peoples for the betterment of all humankind.

you got to the seventh word, got too excited because of how brilliant your comeback was and had to type it out as quickly as you could so you didn't get to see the rest of his sentiment.

also: sorry for feeding trolls, i'll stop now. i would like to see where this thread goes, though. i'm writing my dissertation on the ethics of empire.

>his sentiment

>was destabilizing and removing a country's power structure, using its natural resources and labor, then bailing after clumping said destabilized country's ethnic groups into abitrary nations good?

Well it was great for us.

Also this

Bad while it was happening but good because people are better off today

"Necessary evil" is the right term.

>They'd come to live in squalor regardless if they were colonized or not.
Squalor is brought about by overpopulation. Which in turn, is the result of iFricans mismanaging shit that was left to them while still being connected to a global trade that enables them to have resources enough to pump out fucking children but so much so that they remain in extreme poverty.

Had they stuck with their native systems, they would remain as tribal fucksticks, but not living in filth and squalor considering what they had before was sustainable.

>Puerto Rico
>Cuba
>Philippines
Ah yes, civilization to places already built by Europeans.

America was so full of itself despite being nouveau riche: the country, of the late 19th/early 20th century.

Good for the ones in power lol

>implying colonists taught native populations anything
Can't have the indigenous getting too comepetent or else they'd rebel or start a war for self determination for some reason

>implying colonists taught native populations anything
They certainly tried. Believe it or not being a low-IQ race isn't all that good for business.

Yes. Niggers need to be kept in their place.

Yes, it brought technology, infrastruture, medicine, and the like to natives.

The chinese are making it work. Maybe, Euros were just unnecessarily cruel and exploitative when they colonized the rest of the world

Good for Europeans only.

Industrialisation you twat
british rule started in 1858
and oh look gdp go's up

Not really. I know don't feed the trolls but African education was gimped as fuck.

I took exactly one political science course while earning my degree, and it was on Post-Colonial Africa. Interestingly enough the professor ended the course with the statement that colonialism, as practiced by the French and British (but not the Belgians, Germans, or Italians) was evil only in that it did not go far enough in forcing the native Africans to adopt modern Western ideas.

I did not expect that in a course taught in Oregon, USA

A lot of Africans who rebelled were educated ones because they were self aware of their status in the hierarchy of the colonial system and how they were always just "savages in a suit" no matter.

You don't really need western ideas, just their institutions.

>youtube.com/watch?v=A0C4_88ub_M

watch and learn about the african mind boy.