Also own a little roman and ottoman signet stone

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*_*

I hate you.

Y

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM

No private person should own these. They belong in a museum.

Shit guys
What if he owns a museum

A larger museum needs to be built around it.

A museum in a museum?

Mosin Nagant 91/30 that was issued during dubya dubya deuce

I've got an 1845 print of the surrender at Yorktown

And various WW2 US military patches, along with a uniform.

1917 Swedish Mauser m/1894
It's been fucked to shit by some dumbass nigger though, doesn't even resemble the original thing. Selling it for $350 + 95rds of ammo

Dug this up in greece near the ancient agora. Made not soon after the persian wars.

S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y

A history book of WWII
Written right after WWII.

GB is still referred to as an empire with its dominions and my country (Flipland) was still a US Commonwealth.

Some pottery from Jerusalem from Gideon Sassoon among some other pieces. A bronze Egyptian snake figure. Canaanite pottery and spearhead. Plus a piece of the berlin wall.

Turk here. You can buy silver antique Seljuk and Ottoman Turkish sigils in the Istanbul Grand Bazaar for 100-1000 dollars easy. You can even find fake ones for 10 dollars.

No one's jealous fag.

A soak in mineral spirits and a 20 guage bore brush attached to a power drill will get that cosmoline right out.

Chill out, I was in no way bragging, I was just curious about what historical items other anons had.
On a gentler note do you know of any way I could find out what it says

I never got the impression op was bragging. This is one of the more interesting posts I've seen in a while.

My great grandma saved a bunch of Morgan silver dollars from the 1880s and 90s. She gave them to her adult children for christmas years later and when I graduated high school my grandpa passed some down to me.You guys would laugh at their condition if I were to post, but I count them among my most prized possessions. She had a tough life, her husband died right as the Great Depression was beginning, one of her children just before, and yet she still managed to raise my grandpa, his many siblings, and keep the family farm running. These serve as a personal connection to the past and as a reminder of why I love history, a reminder that it's not just cold facts and statistics, it's about people who actually lived.

Coin in pic isn't mine, but felt like this post needed a photo to go along with it

I have my gramps raaf coats when he dropped nukes in the out back

Despite being more than a hundred years old most Morgans are barely worth more than the silver even if the condition is quite good, unfortunately. The silver mining lobby was able to get congress to authorize minting far more than there was call for. It's the same with most gold coins from the 1880's and 1890's as well, a dime from those 2 decades is rarer.

Other than old money like old German Reichsmarks, American dollars, and Dutch guilders, ain't got shit.

gonna need to see pics of those coins

I have my Grampa's old stamp collection. throughout the 1930's to possibly the 1980's, he collected stamps. It's really cool because there's a bunch of rare counties that don't exist any more. Off the top of my head, he had a few Siam stamps, plenty of Soviet stamps, Manchukuo, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, British Palestine, the Kingdom of Afghanistan, practically every single pre-world war II British and French colony, even a couple Rhodesia stamps. Can't remember any Empire/Weimar Republic/Third Reich Germany, but he had east and west German stamps.

IIRC, he also had about 3-4 Ottoman Empire stamps, but I may be wrong there. I should really go dig it out one of these days and properly examine them. It's been years since I looked at it.

Genuine USSR military uniform from my father.

I own two yatagan bayonets for a Martini Henry rifle used in the Ruso-Turkish war of 1877. And a Krnka breach loading rifle conversion of a muzzle loading line musket used in the same war

A German ww2 k98k bayonet, good condition wooden handle.

Bulgarian M36 helmet.

The Krnka rifle

I have a legit Vietnam war zippo

There's tons of fakes but I can prove it's real. Still works, too.

I also have a legit soviet officer's forage cap and a hammer and sickle flagpole pall like that my Ukrainian friend stole from his town hall (they never changed it I guess).

Nothing ancient though

All I've got is an ANZAC rising sun badge from WW1.
Hoping to build a proper collection one day.

Tone it down mate, we're all just having a good time alright?

Are books from the 1920s-30s considered historical?
I have several tourist guides for Italy printed in that period, including one for the colonies, with tourist tips for visiting the Dodecanese Islands, Cyrenaica, Tripolitania, Eritrea and Somalia

My small byzaboo collection

Semissis of Anastasius I
Solidus of Maurice
Solidus of Heraclius and his son Heraclius Constantine
Solidus of Heraclius with sons Heraclius Constantine and Heraclonas
Clay token given to pilgrims to commemorate the return of the true cross to Jerusalem in 630AD

>they think any museum has the storage space to hold every bit of jewellery, coinage and pottery that comes their way.

Without provenance they won't even take it in to record.

1. Roman an oil lamp from Syria, could well be fake though

2. Red Guard (Chinese) cap, which my dad got from some Uyghur labourer in Gilgit back in the 70s.

3. Thigh bone of St. Florentius of Peterborough

>On a gentler note do you know of any way I could find out what it says

>Ottoman Turkish Arabic script
>in any way decipherable or gentle
You'd have better luck reading Braille with gloves on, user.

Dont know nothing about it.

I live in Merida (Emerita Augusta) and started to dig in my house to make a garage, turns out I found some roman shit.
I buried it again and told nobody.

Dancing hellenistic Buddhas from Gandhara. Apparently they came from an excavation at Taxila but I haven't been able to verify that yet. I'm also not sure how authentic they are and what is actually being depicted, would appreciate if someone could tell me something about that.

All i know is that some dude tried to bought it back in the 50's for some money.
And some jeweler told us that the inlaid/plating gold technique was top notch.

Junior badge fag here. I'll warn you to be frugal. Be careful as things can be too good and often what looks like nothing is something. Ebay has been good to me but I don't enjoy it compared to buying in person.

Here is the current state of the collection. I'd been trying to stay Brit until I picked up the Soviet badges recently. Mainly choosing at first to second world war. There's some crap on display here but also some gems.

Here is my lot of pamphlets. Some rather interesting and historic - will detail.

Here is the British tanks pamphlet which folds out to a poster with internal views of the Matilda tank. Fuck.

Lewis gunner pamphlet which shows full dissembling and cleaning.

Arguably the best of the pamphlets is "Malay in 400 words" which was originally printed in Ceylon and has a pilots's signature on the dust jacket.

Of course the real reason it's good is inside the pages.

I had these all from a charity shop. I was suprised this had survived when I took them to the pierced and dyed cashier.

When is this dated to?

I believe the date on the last page (previous pic related) so 12/1/44.

user you know not every single fucking artefact will be displayed. Most shit just gets put in storage with i never seeing daylight.

Could you post more? This is highly relevant to my interests.

What exactly are your interests user?
And I'm guessing you refer to the Malay pamphlet?

Yes the Malay pamphlet please.

Interesting conversion method. I'm assuming the breech block pivots on the left side for loading, is that correct? It looks similar to a Snyder conversion, which I suppose would make sense if it served along side Martini-Henrys. Also lol @ that rear sight.

And I think that's now the whole thing.

My grandfather was in the SS after he died we destroyed his uniform and other things from the war out of shame.

You are correct, however it didn't serve alongside the Martini it served against it. It served alongside the Berdan rifle. The Krnka was outdated, clumsy and slow to fire compared to the more modern firearms so the Russians distributed them to the volunteers. The yatagan bayonets were probably captured. It was basically use whatever you find kind of war.

Fantastic thanks!

Do you know the value of that shit dude? Let alone the actual value as in money collectors would give for a lot like that?

It would be an insult to the memory of ss victims to profit off his stuff imo, either destroy or give to a museum or something. Then again I imagine a lot of ancient artefacts were lost this way that we would like to still exist. After a while I suppose crimes just become history.

If you want something to keep you awake at night, just think of all the various artefacts that we will never know about, because someone just threw it away without realising what it is. They're just out there rotting away in a landfill this very second.

I have a portuguese edition of Practices of the Confessionary by Jayme Corella.
The book was published in 1744

user, why...

"old" portuguese is really interesting.

Yeah, the rarest artefacts are the everyday stuff that nobody would have thought twice about throwing out.

I can understand pretty much all of it.
t. Lusophone

Me too (I'm portuguese), but the choice of wording and the subtle differences are fun.

After five or so pages you get the hang of it and can read it fluently.

That's a bunch of bullshit. Collecting is a reality. His folks didn't want it, some collector does. They keep the piece of history alive and treat is with respect whereas his family tried to destroy it not out of as you put it or rather imply out of respect but because it was an eyesore they tried to destroy a piece of familyhistory because it didn't suit them that well. They tried to deny the fact that there familymember was on the wrong side of history by removing the only material things that were left bravo.

Once again, that's a fucking shame dude. I hope you weren't around at the time or maybe too young to grasp what was going on. But that's just a shame

I T
B E L O N G S
I N
A
M U S E U M

The h in front of words that start with vowels and the "s" being replace with "f" unless it is the end of a syllable is really interesting.

I understand that, I was just giving a justification. I personally like German ww2 gear (I bought a k98k bayonet) but it's different when it's your family that was a part of it.

It's not an "f", but rather a "long s", and is a stylistic choice very common until the 19th century.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_s

I could understand if he was a legit war criminal or something but that's just stupid desu

YOU TOO

Neato, I have that same tank patch (among others) hanging on my wall at home. If this thread is still up when I get home I'll take pics.

Don't know what the fuck this is but it's at least 70 years old.
I asked a lot of knowledgeable people, no one knew what it is except for a few of the markings(Saturn and Neptune).

Leave it to a turk to get real niggerish out of no where and for no reason

It's an Indiana Jones reference. They aren't actually serious

Not mine but have the same dagger. A bit rusty and without the sheath. Found in my grandfather's attic after we had to put him in a home.

>inb4 go back to /pol/
I'm allowed to have hobbies and interests. I also own a signed copy of The Alternative by Oswald Mosley and a WW1 Iron Cross 1st class.

>A piece of the Berlin wall, mounted on an ornamental stein
>A disc-like rock about half an inch thick that has a well-preserved stromatolyte in it. These can be millions or billions of years old
>Some bone fragments, and eggshell fragments, of a giant emu, around 50,000 years old
>Some bone fragments of a Diproton, around 50,000 years old
>An ax-head and spearhead fashioned from quartz, possibly a similar age

More Veeky Forums than Veeky Forums, yes, but these last three I retrieved from what was either a burial site or camp of an aboriginal man. It seems reasonable to suggest an aboriginal might have been buried with such things, and they were all next to eachother, uncovered by a sand dune

Impossible to tell without a better and more detailed photo with good lighting.