The world is suffering so I will bring salvation by killing everyone

>the world is suffering so I will bring salvation by killing everyone

Has there ever been a cult that subscribed to this philosophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Xianzhong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcellions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjawarn_Station#Seismic_event
vhemt.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, but if there was, it would have its own board by now.

What was that small sect of Christians that were notable for attacking passerbys with clubs while praising god in order to get themselves killed and achieve martyrdom?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Xianzhong

天生萬物以養人
人無一善以報天
殺殺殺殺殺殺殺

Heaven brings forth innumerable things to nurture man.
Man has nothing good with which to recompense Heaven.
Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.

But that's the opposite of what OP asked.

Edge2Edge

Jim Jones had almost everyone following his cult kill themselves, but it was some PANIC reaction after he killed an US representative who was investigating on his town

I say Legalism is the original Chinese edge philosophy

Aum Shinrikyo

DO you know what I'm referring to or not?

Here you go:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcellions

The Shiites group that's name was transferred into English, which created the word assassin.

tyty

Came here to post this. Aum's reading of phowa (a vajrianic buddhist practice of going straight into the realm of the buddha upon death) had them believe that you were essentially enlightening people by killing them.

The scariest part is that they could have succeeded, and still might. If they didn't completely fuck up the sarin gas attack, they may have gotten away with it long enough to launch further attacks, maybe bolster their numbers once fence-sitters saw how serious they were.

They were developing chemical and biological weapons, and had connections throughout the Japanese government, as well as in Russia and Australia. And check this terrifying shit out: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjawarn_Station#Seismic_event

The cult split in two since then, but god knows if they won't try something like this again. Shoko Asahara, the leader, is still alive and there are undoubtedly still thousands of people who believe his message.

Not a cult, but Carl Panzram.

>"I believe the only way to reform people is to kill them"

He commited crimes from robberies and arson to raping homeless people and killing children. His sole motivation was his hatred of mankind and the world.

>"I was so full of hate that there was no room in me for such feelings as love, pity, kindness or honor or decency. My only regret is that I wasn't born dead or not at all."

>Still in constant pain, his rage and hatred of humanity intensified and he envisioned several grand schemes for mass murder. One such was to wipe out the population of an entire city by poisoning the water supply with arsenic. A particularly ambitious plan involved scuttling a British warship docked in the New York City harbor in order to start a war between the two nations.

I almost feel bad for the guy.

I thought Madara wanted a world in an infinite dream state,where suffering is non existant

ISIS

It's a variation of the same idea.

This is a question I have also pondered.

Neonatalism is a less edgy but equally retarded philosophy that follows this train of thought.

Suffering > non-existence.

so, he wanted to convert people to a world religion

Dream communism is the best communism

vhemt.org/

Dear God, they may have developed their own small nuclear device? That is terrifying.

Hegesias was sort of like that, but encouraged others to kill themselves.

Abrahamic religions all have an end of days that's supposed to be a good thing.

The Cathars in southern France got half way there. They viewed the entire material universe as the work of satan.

From there it's not a huge leap to get to "kill literally everything".

not a cult but this is definitely a mentality that exists in the depths of /r9k/ and /pol/ and bleeding outward. plenty of people said the only reason they were voting from trump was because they thought he would advance the apocalypse. you might not be able to find a specific cult but lots of people on the margins of society think like this, albeit utterly impotently

isn't that just nihilism

Is it the sect that the warrior niggahs belong to in baudolino?