Where did the "catholic church worships satan" meme come from...

where did the "catholic church worships satan" meme come from? do protties really think everybody was worshiping satan until Luther came along?

>inb4 muh idols
if you ask me it's more likely that butthurt protties infiltrated the church, put idols everywhere, and then used that as a justification to hate catholics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U9uEspZpYlo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's because they literally and unironically worship Satan, whom they call "Jehovah".

Masonic slander.

Its because Luther failed to realize that dividing the church in the way he did was a slippery slope and would lead to shit like Mormonism and Jevohas Witnesses.

Isaiah 14:12: “How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!” (NIV). The KJV and NKJV both translate “morning star” as “Lucifer, son of the morning.” It is clear from the rest of the passage that Isaiah is referring to Satan’s fall from heaven (Luke 10:18). So in this case, the morning star refers to Satan.

Revelation 22:16, Jesus unmistakably identifies Himself as the morning star.

No big deal right? Just a universal symbol taken out of context yes? Nope, I am sure you can see why. Or should I explain?

hope you realize that jehova is just a latin translation of the word yeshua

the NIV is trash but I hope you realize the church has more translations than the NIV

you do realize the KJV didn't exist when Luther was around right

WRONG

This is a thread about Protestants vs. Catholics, not Christians vs. Retards

top kek

So I was suppose to assume that "Catholics worship Satan" Is only coming from protestant faiths? Seems about right.

American religious fanatics of the 19th and early 20th century.

English Standard Version
Then Satan stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel.

Should have understood what "protties" was

Also I don't think they are worshipping Satan just an abstract watered down version of Jesus. (Satan)

what the fuck is that shit

Butthurt prods.

The Catholic Church, even of the late Middle Ages, was nowhere near as corrupt as heretics like to make out, it was far from perfect, but the Reformation only went as far as it did because of opportunistic princes. The fact that some of these people would even entertain the idea that Catholicism is some kind of veiled Satanic cult goes to show the calibre of autism we're dealing with.

the fucking pope iv audience hall is a serpent

art

Hmm..

Really

Makes

Me

Think

>have autism

>reddit spacing

>posting anti-semitic memes

My my, what would your pastor say?

Speak truth to power.

>Transubstantiation is real goy, Jesus is okay with cannibalism and blood magic!
>Salvation by faith? Don't be stupid, you have to pay me first
>Why hello there little boy, would you like to be like Jesus? Come here and get impaled on my lance of Longinus

Yep, no Satanism here, just pure Christian worship

>jew star

okay maybe the protestants were right

>jews
>semetic

anyways I hope you realize that's it has nothing to do with the physical human being jews but the religion they preach

jews primarily follow the talmud and the talmud is the same shit the pharisees were spewing, rabinnacal judaism is a direct descent of phariscial judaism

That's great and all, but don't you have a food parcel for Israeli families to be organising?

We do love our enemies.

But the Protestants are the results of Jewish tricks. The Jew fears the mighty Catholic warrior.

From Catholics worshiping satan.

>Hey, you know what the real church of Jesus is?
>No not the one He specifically founded
>it's my unique, 300 parishioner KJV-only mega church in alabama
>ignore my three cars and five divorces please

The Filipino? The Mexican? The Brazilian? Which one does the Jew fear?

The actual catholics, not the crazy half-native pantheon cultists who pray to the saints before their morning drug run.

>the mighty Catholic warrior.

Pope Clement, I'm VIII.

Our KJV

Who art in bookshelf

Inken be thy words

Thy Proddies come

Thy text be done

In tongues as it is in megachurches

Our Book of Sovereign James, who art bound in leather

With iron gall are made thine words, on a press, by no quill of papist monk

Give us this day our daily division of pronouns between thy and you, and forgive us for considering Douay-Rheims, as we forgive the papists for denying Henry his wife

And lead us not into the temptations of non-textus-receptus translations, but deliver us from Vulgate. For yours are the cords and the vellum and the square set type of gutenberg, forever

Amen

a wee little fix here and there

>Wants to save people's souls
>leads billions away from the actual church and creates massive precedents for state-controlled religion
Why is he such a fuckup, Veeky Forums?

(((the actual church)))

>not the crazy half-native pantheon cultists
you mean the southern europeans who worship saints and marian cults and shrines. HAHAHAHAHA

And I quote:
>And I say unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock i shall build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
>And I will give thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven

>worship saints

[synapses firing]

The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland sees itself as part of the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

Indeed, not all Catholics are Roman.

>filthy proddies quoting without context again
That whole chapter is St. Peter being told that all men are men, not just Jews. It has nothing to do with Peterine succession.

Does it answer to the Pope?
No?
Than it ain't Catholic.

The Pontifex Maximus has nothing to do with the Body of Christ.

Those are the real Catholics, sweetie.

>but deliver us from Vulgate

I would pray this for all men. And then there would be no more Mary worshiping papists.

cath·o·lic
ˈkaTH(ə)lik/
adjective
including a wide variety of things; all-embracing.
"her tastes are pretty catholic"
synonyms: universal, diverse, diversified, wide, broad, broad-based, eclectic, liberal, latitudinarian;

And everything to do with the Roman Emperor, aka Pontifex Maximus.

Yes, that's the true meaning of the word.

Romanism has bastardized the word to mean "Roman Catholic only".

That is correct.
However, transubstantiation does.

>implying the maze is not just a human construction

yes, keep on droning about you "pray for each other meme". its clever sophistry to try to disguise bald idolatry. You think people who leave offerings at shrines, build elaborate houses for said statues and relics and "holy places," are imagining that they're "praying for each other"? Fucking hell they aren't; it's blatant supplication to a saint to they can mediate with sky daddy to shower them good boy and girl points.

furthermore, it also goes against the fact that a lot of these so-called local "saints" are just historical continuation of local pagan practices and deities except with sanction from ecclesiastical authority so as to say "y-y-ou guys are christians now! your pagan nature gods were good christ-cu-stians all along!

It comes from Luther Martinez who went about it daily after 1521 when he suddenly stopped supporting the pope and went on calling the mass sacrilege and an abomination and other teachings pagan.

>It is clear from the rest of the passage that Isaiah is referring to Satan’s fall from heaven
It isn't at all, and most Bible scholars agree that he's likely referring to a wise king.

A wise "King" falling from heaven. What do you call a fallen god?

Hindsight is 2020 papist

>where did the "catholic church worships satan" meme come from?

Jesus Christ

youtube.com/watch?v=U9uEspZpYlo

I don't get this sectarian bullshit among Christians. At the end of the day you all eat cows so you are pretty fucked in the next life.

When Luther was calling the papacy the antichrist, what he meant was that the church was being influenced by Satan to support non-scriptual doctrines, like indulgences and papal infallibility. Masonic propaganda in the late 1800s purportedly found documents showing the Catholics worship Satan. It is now considered a hoax.

Okay, whats with the orthodox/turkey thing?

What orthodox/turkey thing?

Because 330,000,000 demons can't be wrong, amirite?

>What do you call a fallen god?
A counter-argument against monotheism.

Papal infallibility wasn't even a doctrine at Luther's time.

What does this image even mean by this

YHWH, not Yeshua. Can't believe no one caught you on this.

I don't know, where did the monotheism meme come from? Was animal worship not good enough? Some animals are capable of pretty incredible things. If people need to worship something, may as well have been that. Did humanoid gods become a thing because people felt like their gods should reflect their feelings of superiority to other animals? And then it turned into a "my god can beat up your god" and "see! My god is so awesome I only need one!" Which lead to the millennia long chimp out of Judaism? Who knows. Why not just make up your own god to worship? It's all the same shit

not a good one

The only one that's needed.

Nah, that's not even slightly true, even if I think prods are deluded.

It's too bad cathedrals outsides aren't painted anymore. I guess it's a lot of work for what will just be grimed over in a couple decades...

Romans 1
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

>where did the "catholic church worships satan" meme come from?
Its enemies. Most recently, protestant autism.

so why doesnt the catholic church officially rebuke all the satanic accusations claims them?

You're basically trying to define a word by using itself. The question was why did people decide to start worshipping a humanoid god/gods at all. Coming up with an explanation after the fact is pretty easy

You asked more than one question

>so why doesnt the catholic church officially rebuke all the satanic accusations claims them?
They aren't worth addressing. It would be like yelling "I am not a faggot" in the middle of the street because some 12 year old called you one on CoD. The only thing that would accomplish would be being remembered as the guy who felt the need to officialy make it known that he wasn't a faggot because the allegation was apparrently significant enough to warrant it.

yeah but they do have a point on some stuff like why would you pray to mary or the saints when they are just humans

what is the churches actual response to that

and what is the actual churches response to transubstantiation, they didn't practice that shit officially till 1100 ad

The German Catholic

Everybody's afraid of Bavarians, though.

Fair enough. But now it's just the one and I'm genuinely curious. At least animals make sense. You can see them and it requires very little imagination. Just saying "well, you see his power in all things" seems rather abstract, so I wonder why it eventually prevailed as the model for religious beliefs

Because they have cardinals within the Vatican offering sacrifices to satan.

Because they had an entire ceremony in the 1960's dedicating the Vatican to the devil.

Because they built an enormous serpent head for the pope to hold his audiences in.

Because the people who follow the pope are delusional.

I'm saying your worship of animals is already in the bible, and nothing new.

The ones who voted 99% for Hitler after the pope told them to? And then committed the Holocaust, in Hitler's words, "finishing the job the Church started"?

Yes, those Catholics should be feared, because they are monsters.

?

>Voted 99% for hitler
You daft mother fucker southern germany is mostly catholic and overwhelmingly voted against hitler as opposed to the miltaristic protestant northen part of germany