Why didn't they domesticate anything cool while we were in Africa? We literally evolved on Africa

Why didn't they domesticate anything cool while we were in Africa? We literally evolved on Africa.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat-baiting
entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/livestock/primary_screwworm.htm
ars.usda.gov/oc/timeline/worm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Donkeys come from there if I recall well. And donkeys are pretty cool.

>this kills the environmental determinist

inb4 "muh difference between domestication and taming"

Only a very small number of animals have traits that make them suitable for domestication. They need to be intelligent, approachable, not picky in terms of food, be quick to breed and reach sexual maturity, and have a concept of hierarchy.

Rhinos, just as an example, are basically retarded, insanely aggressive, have seasonal diets, take a long time to reach maturity, have a very long pregnancy, and see any rhino that isn't their most immediate child as an enemy. You can't domesticate rhinos.

Because many of those animals evolved alongside us in comparison to the chicken.

Asses used to range throughout the Middle East too.

>Only a very small number of animals have traits that make them suitable for domestication.
Oh boy oh boy, here come the Jared Diamond lackeys. This statement is flat fucking false. And the very best proof of that are things like Reindeer - native to both Eurasia and North America, yet only domesticated in Europe.

Taming Zebras takes way too much effort. And it probably needs those blinders all the fucking time as well.

Is it true Indo-Europeans naturally have more empathy towards animals than other races?

you need to selectively breed them after a couple of generations

perhaps there could have been a nomadic African kingdom based on the zebra

>Fox tossing
>Bear baiting
>That game where a terrier fucks up rats.
Nope.

Absolutely not. America is the perfect example of this. America has the largest economy on Earth, so it has no excuse, yet it fucking hates life and just sees it as a resource to grind up for selfish profit. If anything, whites and white males specifically are the most life-hating organisms on the planet.

Tsetse flys and diseases made it not worth investment... Or Africans are dumb

Thats racist and im reporting you to social media.

most of the shit in Africa were either too big to tame properly or too small to be of much use. You had to go all the way in the north to get horses (history taught that horses are OP).

Do your worst, pussy.

What? So you're saying there's no African animals that could be herded or worked... People domesticated wolves, pigs, cattle, Indian elephents, housecats, ECT. But no useful animals on African continent? Could you imagine what China or europe could have done with elephents or rhinos if we had foresight not to hunt them to extinction?

Why is it that nig nogs, asians and sand nogs beat, mistreat, fight, out firecrackers in dogs mouths, eat, and abuse animals the most?

There is almost no difference in temperament between wild horses and wild zebras. Jared Diamond doesn't know shit about animals. Almost any animal down to snakes can be at least partially habituated to humans. Domestication is literally a nonsense word used by humans because they want to define themselves into correctness, because they continually fail to do so objectively.

Because you ignore all the times whites do that. What about veal? What about the literally millions of male chicks that whites casually throw into wood chippers or dumpsters to crush each other to death every single day? Your animal abuse is so routine you don't even think about it.

Well, you had dingos, but those are fairly small dogs. Monkeys, but they don't do anything useful, eat the same food we do, and don't provide a lot of meat. Zebras don't like people riding on them, and it is easier to hunt them than it is to domesticate them. There are (and this is the actual name) African Wild Asses, which were domesticated. Rhinos would only be useful as war animals, but they have very specific needs that makes them kinda useless most of the time. Then there is elephants, which were domesticated. I can go on, but the point is most animals in Africa just aren't useful like, say, the pig. The pig eats almost anything and provides a ton of meat.

If there were African animals that could have herded and worked, white people would have hearded and worked them. If Zebras were actually useful for something other than tricks, they would have been put to use by white people immediately. Do you realize how insanely profitable a horse you could use in the Tetse belt would have been? Do you realize what a crazy military advantage it would have been, even over other European armies in Africa?

>Monkeys, but they don't do anything useful
Wow.

Veal? Dear meat? What's wrong with dear meat you dumb faggot? And we through chickens into wood chippers to at least make food. Niggers and others do it for fun.

>they would have been put to use by white people immediately
Why when they already had horses? A lot of stupid implications here.

What if whites just weren't clever enough to implement any of this?

Whoa.

>And the very best proof of that are things like Reindeer - native to both Eurasia and North America, yet only domesticated in Europe.
Reindeer are only really half-domesticated at best.

>White people only kill animals for food
>What's wrong with hunting?
>Hunters don't kill animals for fun.

There is no such thing as "domestication". Drop this bullshit.

Fuck off.

When did I ever say hunters don't kill for fun or sport retard? I never mentioned that. Also whites at least in America hunt deer and boars which if we didn't would overpopulate the wilderness and destroy all the plant life. Why are you posting stupid meme images from twitter to make it seem like I'm grasping at straws her or some dumb shit like that. Jesus people like you should be gassed.

It's not like Indian elephants were tamed for farm work and forestry and African elephants have been tamed for war by Egyptians and Carthaginians.

Their buffaloes are smaller than the Mongol yacks, but hey, it's not like it is physically possible to domesticate a cow, right?

By the way, veal isn't deer, dumbass.

>Muh overpopulation maymay!!
>Human overpopulation doesn't exist
Let's see, what does more damage? Deer or humans?

Cattle are the ultimate disproof of Jared Diamond's historical and biological illiteracy. Aurochs survived into pre-modern times and they were described basically like monsters. They were the size of Rhinos and were said to have horrible temperaments.

Yet now they're considered passive and gentle.

There isn't over population in the United States though or Europe is there? It's mostly in Africa and India and china ain't it? All those places are what? Not white. Who gives a fuck veal is meat and meat is good.

Overpopulation is measured through how much damage the population is doing to the environment, not necessarily by strict headcount per area. In that respect US and Europe are most definitely overpopulated.

>There isn't over population in the United States though or Europe is there?
Ask that to anyone who used to visit a beach. Ah we can always spot the little /pol/lies. The first world consumes multiple times what the third world does, so lower population in the west is actually worse than higher population in the third world, but neither becoming abundant are desirable.

You literally cannot believe that deer will cause an ecological apocalypse (not only won't they, they simply can't) and not care that humans are ACTUALLY causing a fucking ecological apocalypse at the same time. This is the sign of someone with no logical argument who's only spouting feefee bullshit.

>You literally cannot believe that deer will cause an ecological apocalypse
To be fair, they can cause a fair bit of damage... mostly because humans have removed or severely depopulated most of their predators. Wouldn't be a problem if humans weren't overpopulated.

Zebra's are more resistant to Tsetse flies than horses. So that's at least 1 good reason.

>If anything, whites and white males specifically are the most life-hating organisms on the planet.
Men provide resources for women and children. This could be the literal bread and butter, or mink stokes and fancy feathered hats made from rare and exotic birds. Men are greedy, but rarely just for themselves.

If whites are the most greedy and rapacious it just means we are the best at the same game everyone else plays. Africans and Asians have and still have economies based on slaves or exploitation of marginalized people.

>he's not a leftists who thinks that white people are eeevil and that the third world is literally heaven and that they can do no wrong so he MUST be from /pol/!!!

>After a couple of generations
LOL no you need more than a couple buddy. You're making it sound way easier than it actually would be. Also why would an ancient people believe that if they breed an animal right it would become friendly and do anything besides be food?

Deer kill more people in the US than any other animal. Insurance companies literally base part of their pricing based on the concentration of deer.

I'm told the species of elephant used by the carthaginians is now extinct. Phyrrus used elephants which were descended from the herd given as tribute to Alexander by the Indian king he gave up trying to conquer. I have never heard of the Egyptians using elephants.

>Find giant orca whale that lives in huge ocean
>"Lets put it in a small tank of water to entertain ourselves"
>"I wonder if we cut off this dogs head and apply electricity to certain sectors of the brain will it talk?"
>"Let's kill all the buffalo"
>"If we hyper breed these 100s foxes by keeping them in small cages all their lives can we domesticate them?"
>"Hey lets lynch these black things, they aren't people they're animals"
Sure

A russian guy turned foxes in something like dogs by just kicking the angry and passives foxes out of his fox farm.

>Keep the traits you want
Forced selection is simple, really.

>To be fair, they can cause a fair bit of damage... mostly because humans have removed or severely depopulated most of their predators
That's not why. Most of the damage they cause that humans give a shit about is to the plants THEY plant. That's the only reason they care. And the main problem is most of the wild places in America have been destroyed. Americans have no concept of what a real forest or prairie looks like by and large. They think a second growth forest and a fallow field full of non-native plants and animals are "the wild". Most megafauna don't require predation.

Again, you're making the implication that whites were smart enough or it was worth the resources to allocate to doing this.

>Delusion: the post

>If I misrepresent reality, I win!
Facts are facts. I'm sorry you need a safe space from them. Reality is for grown-ups. Back to facebook and youtube with you.

>Deer kill more people in the US than any other animal
Not nearly enough.

>Insurance companies
Oh well if insurance companies are involved, we need a deer genocide now!

Subspecies.

>Overpopulation in Africa
But they die so quick they need the extra lives.

Yeah, in the 60's though, with selective breeding, when the USSR was communist so nobody heard of it until much later.

To be fair we didn't really domesticate wolves they just kinda stuck around eating our scrapes until they became dogs. So it's more like they domesticated themselves.

People didn't understand forced selection. They killed aggressive animals and breed cooperative ones but they didnt understand the science behind it.

People did just llook at animals and say: hey maybe if we breed that for several generations it will be useful. They had neither the resources of the scientific knowlege for that kind of thinking.

They thought: hey this animal is pretty friendly/useful. lets capture some cubs and try to raise them"

>Live in the stone age
>Come across something that can rip your face off easily
>DON'T DOMESTICATE IT
Losers.

>Encounter a species with high intelligence and four manipulative appendages that can adapt to literally almost any environment
>Do nothing with it

>American doesn't use slave labor
>Europe doesn't use slave labor
>This much delusion and ignorance.

>If he doesn't agree with me he must be the strawman I made up in my head
You're 15 right?

They may not have understood the concept but the animals that charged people or ate children were less likely to survive to breed because they would be killed by pissed off cavemen

You assume people in the past thought about breeding that way. You also assume that they had the materials, food, and amount of said animals to breed like that back then. Domestication would not be that easy back in the b.c. eras and even most of the a.d. eras. It could take upward of 1000 years to actually fully domesticate an animal passively like they actually did back then.

Oh and btw they didn't kick out the bad and aggressive foxes. They bred those ones to in order to make hyper aggressive asshole foxes. It's actually really cool in the fact that the aggressive foxes grew black fur while the "domesticated" foxes got floppy ears and started growing white fur. (Remember though, correlation doesn't equal causation so don't go using this for /pol/ memes.)

I'm not understanding your point.

>Encounter a species with high intelligence and four manipulative appendages that can adapt to literally almost any environment
>Think its a dumbass monkey with no uses like everyone back then.

>You assume people in the past thought about breeding that way
Yes, this is what I fucking assume.

You get fat cows and thin cow. You like fat cows. You make fat cow reproduce. You have sheep with little wool and sheep with lotsa wool. You like wool. How the fuck could you get more wool in the future knowing that?

Now, open google image and ask for wild cereals, or wild corn. This is what the plants we eat looked like before some guys figured how to improve living things.

We turned boars into pigs, wolves into dogs, we created a hundred different breed of horses for different purposes. We discovered the benefit of selection before we found a way to write words.

In every single part of the world we discovered selective breeding, every single one of them except, apparently in Africa.

The same as the first paragraph of the post I was replying to, which I didn't read and assumed was saying that because early man didn't understand genetics he would struggle with artificial selection.

You don't discover it in North America either.
Did you not read my entire post or did you interpret it in a way that it was not meant? Yes they bred animals but the guy breeding animals wasn't super consumed by "only breed the fattest cows and the rest are useless so I'll just kill them" if he did so he would run out of cows to quick unlike with the Russian example where they had an endless amount of foxes to breed. Also stop memeing WE WUZ THE DOMESTICATORS OF DOGZ ANZ SHITZ. They basically did they hard part for us.

It wouldn't matter anyway. The only reason rightists consider whites to be less aggressive and criminal is because they subtract their war crimes from any total. When you don't do this, there's literally no comparison: whites are the most aggressive savages in human history.

>except apparently in Africa.
They have domesticated camel ,cow goat etc...
And Egyptian and later Roman didn't domesticated lion, hippopotamus etc... either

>only domesticated in Europe.
Have you ever seen "domesticated" reindeers? They're not actually domesticated in any real sense of the word.

> Aurochs survived into pre-modern times and they were described basically like monsters. They were the size of Rhinos and were said to have horrible temperaments. Yet now they're considered passive and gentle.

No offense but that's pretty stupid right there. The last "true" Aurochs lived until the 1620's or so. Nowadays "Aurochs" are pretty much attempts to bring an Auroch-like breed back to life. 's pretty much far from the real deal.

>Tsetse flys and diseases

If this were the case all along history, humans couldn't have evolved in Africa no?

Its called rat baiting.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat-baiting

Bro, you want to read the thread again. This time, you were supposed to proove there was no animals fit for domestication in Africa because it was the only non racist argument explaining why there was no black civilisations.

There is no such thing as domestication. It's a term made up by humans to explain something that doesn't exist. It's little more than habituation combined with some minor selective breeding.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Slavery existed on every continent in pretty much every culture. (it's a common feature of social species btw)

This is not something I pulled out of my ass. This is what they teach you in middle school.

Yes me too but I find it illogical. How come we evolved in such a dangerous environment, to the point we can't live there nowadays? Is there a trace of these diseases in the late millenaries?

> no black civilisations.
But that's wrong.

I don't generally agree with Jared Diamond's theory but what you said is plain wrong on multiple levels. Other anons already pointed out that reindeer aren't fully domesticated but I could even cede that argument because they are domesticated to a certain extent. But they were domesticated all across Siberia not just Europe.

No, how the fuck could anyone have proven this?

Why would an intelligent animal comply with domestication?

Everything you said is a larger consequence of capitol and seeking higher profit margins. These operations are set up by people far far away trying to squeeze every dime they can out of it. People that work in slaughter houses and feedlots actually experience large amounts of psychological stress, it's more a consequence of applying the factory mindset of production unto living things than individual workers all being heartless sociopaths. Also these operations have a higher proportion of minority workers. You've gone so anti /pol/ that you have adopted /pol/ racial theories, well done.

America has huge huge tracts of wild land, I'd agree in the sense that your average American doesn't see it often.

>Tsetse, sometimes spelled tzetze and also known as tik-tik flies, are large biting flies that inhabit much of tropical Africa.Tsetse flies include all the species in the genus Glossina, which are placed in their own family, Glossinidae. The tsetse are obligate parasites that live by feeding on the blood of vertebrate animals. They are economically important in sub-Saharan Africa as the biological vectors of trypanosomes, which cause human sleeping sickness and animal trypanosomiasis.
>Tsetse have been extensively studied because of their disease transmission. These flies are multivoltine and long-lived, typically producing about four generations yearly, and up to 31 generations total over their entire lifespans
>The disease nagana or African animal trypanosomiasis (AAT) causes gradual health decline in infected livestock, reduces milk and meat production, increases abortion rates, and animals eventually succumb to the disease (annual cattle deaths caused by trypanosomiasis are estimated at 3 million). This has an enormous impact on the livelihood of farmers who live in tsetse-infested areas, as infected animals cannot be used to plough the land, and keeping cattle is only feasible when the animals are kept under constant prophylactic treatment with trypanocidal drugs, often with associated problems of drug resistance, counterfeited drugs, and suboptimal dosage. The overall annual direct lost potential in livestock and crop production was estimated at US$4.5 billion.
Imagine that, one species of flies causing 4,5 billion dollars worth of damage. Europe and America doesn't anything like that

Not him, but true Aurochs actually were very aggressive. They also died out centuries ago. Modern "aurochs" are actually Heck cattle. The Nazis wanted to bring Aurochs back to Europe and started breeding cattle until they wound up with what looked like an Auroch, but was actually a domestic cow. Heck cattle are very easygoing though.

Except we do, most noticeable example would be wild pigs in the US.

>Animal is docile and friendly towards humans
>Primitive humans kills animal for free meat
>Animals that could have been domesticated are now selected out

Because they already had cows, goats, and horses.

Attempting to domesticate those wild animals would be waste of time.

If you can live long enough to breed in that environment, humans can be evolutionary success while living in a hostile environment

They have the Screw-Worm Fly

entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/livestock/primary_screwworm.htm

>The primary screwworm can quickly devastate flocks or herds and, in the past, has cost the U.S. livestock industry billions of dollars.

Sterilized male flies were used to control their numbers.

ars.usda.gov/oc/timeline/worm/

You completely missed my point. Do people just not read posts? The dude claimed America doesn't use slave labor and I disagree. Idiot.

I was saying that no one knew it was a smart creature back then so what benefits would it have to them.

>Carthage
>Ptolemaic egypt
>Ayyubids
>Fatmid caliphate?
>??

This. Feral pigs are mean and will completely fuck up anything they go near.

i come from rual Arkansas, you are retarded and are making shit assumptions based on anecdotal and biased evidence. ive seen plenty of"white" people do the most fucked up shit to animals i have every seen.
draw a raccoon down and skin it alive for example

the person you are responding to is retarded ad so are you. overpopulated dear devastate under story plant communities

Well why did they do it with horses nigga?

horses didnt have 7 apex predators keeping them in a constant state of anxiety and panic

Horses were breed for food first, starting out no where near the size they are today, until they were bred so big they could be rode. (Or so I heard and have not bothered to fact check.)