Workers/proles pool together their funds, buy some means of production

>workers/proles pool together their funds, buy some means of production
>democratically run the workplace
>investors don't have to work about paying "unnecessary" executives, profit is given to the shareholders from the workers themselves
Why doesn't this happen? Has it happened?
If the Commies are right, it would be more efficient, and cut off the fat of the whole endeavor.

>Democratically run the workplace
I don't think you appreciate how much value proper management adds.

That happened in Argentina, some trots took a industry in the 80s an ran it until today

>has never worked at a corporation
>even the mail worker gets equal vote to smartest financial analyst

That's the crux isn't it? Does management need to exist? The Commies say no, the Capitalists say yes. If management was unnecessary, you'd see it he cut off.

What is this corp?

What's the name of it?

>Why doesn't this happen? Has it happened?
It happens literally all the time. There's three co-ops that I know of in my city alone (Atlanta).

a hotel and a few glass and ceramic factories if I remember right
They had state subsidies though, not really competitive

Proper management doesn't need to have a private owner. In fact, public ownership allows for FAR GREATER management, as the people who hire and fire managers are intimately familiar with the conditions of production.

So this is what commies defend and want?

Why aren't they more powerful? Larger?
Why are they not beating out the other companies?

Management isn't ownership you smoothbrain pseud

I mean "management" in the form of "managers" as a specific job.
Not management in the form of managing as a concept existing.

If you weren't such an aggressive nigger you'd have realized that.

This also gives them incentive to act against the company's interest to secure their own employment if the event of technological improvements, vote against layoffs if the company is going through cash flow issues, and arrange to hire only their own relatives and friends instead of qualified individuals. Experience with production is easy to grasp and a person can become familiar with operations in less than a year tops. You need objective, ruthless, and intelligent overseers if the enterprise is to even break even.

Bruh, in nearly all contemporary corporarions the management is elected by the shareholders, rather than being made up of the shareholders themselves. The only thing that changes is the "shareholders" being the currently-employed workers rather than the owners.

So if these are the superior way of doing things, why are they not more popular? If they're less wasteful, why don't investors put more money in them to make them grow larger?

You can always sell your share as a shareholder.
If I fire an employee, what happens to his shares? Does he still have voting rights and get dividends?

Shareholders rarely offer employees the chance to buy out the entire business

So did I. Most managers are employees themselves, not business owners.

I don't think I said or implied to the contrary...
The management runs the business, the shareholders invest, and the laborers work. If the laborers can also run the business without management, why do the investors not skip the unnecessary management?

Why not?

It's still corporate hierarchy, and by Marxists theory they are parasites.

>If the laborers can also run the business without management, why do the investors not skip the unnecessary management?
And who implied that they were? The thing syndicalists propose isn't the management being unnecessary, it's the workers being shareholders (and thus responsible for hiring the management).

>It's still corporate hierarchy, and by Marxists theory they are parasites.
As employees who do not own the means of production, managers are not conflated with capitalists in marxist theory.