Why is it so hard to have a discussion about Africa on Veeky Forums

Why is it so hard to have a discussion about Africa on Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aS7XUGh2meI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because of the racists and the niggers

Racism. I'm not a huge fan of it, but Veeky Forums in general could use a healthy dose of social justice

don't post meta threads

It depends on where in Africa are you talking about.

this desu

go die nigger

>Resource rich continent
>Yet still lives in absolute poverty
>muh colonialism, even though it's been hundreds of years since then with very little improvement.

>Hundreds
>Resource rich continent

I'm sure those tribes are really happy they have diamonds buried under the earth rather than arable soil lol

How is it that every other group of humans on the planet is able to turn oil, diamond, and gold into money while Africans can't? They are the ONLY people on the entire planet that can't do this for some reason. Why is this?

>hundreds
You must be here for the /humanities/ because you clearly don't know shit about history.

>while Africans can't?
which ones?
>They are the ONLY people on the entire planet that can't do this for some reason.
True or not, they wouldn't be the only group on the planet that didn't. I'm not even sure what parts of africa you're referring to.

Three Reasons:
1. /pol/
2. Africa is genuinely devoid of written/attested history in comparison to Eurasia
3. Noone on this board know jack shit about it.

This.
Also pic related

Why should anyone do that? All it's done for any developed country is make them dependent on a finite resource and increase the value of other useless commodities. People of any age and race have shown to lack the self-control to use these resources responsibly, the stewardship to share the wealth as wrought from them, and demonstrate a crippling near-sightedness on preparing for when these resources are depleted, so why bash the African for his lack of use thereof? If anything, he's better equipped to keep on living than you or me, who can't fathom surviving without a 24hr electric grid.

there's multiple discussions about Africa every day. I'm starting to think Africa talk is a Veeky Forums meme

>even though it's been hundreds of years since then
are you from the future?

>Veeky Forums in general could use a healthy dose of social justice

Wrong site tumblrs that way.

Lol, great joke user

must've been the easiest (You)s user ever got

Until people read "Cattle Before Crops" I don't think they understand the fundamental defenses of Eurasian and African Neolithic periods and their differed trajectories.

I rarely pop in anymore, which sucks because I had hope for this board.

Because Western culture has largely adapted the idea that race is a myth and genetics cannot ever be a factor in populations.

Not that some races are superior, but that simply there cannot be any possible way that haplotypes carry certain genes that make them more predisposed to certain behaviors or thought patterns, and that this might effect things on a larger scale when multiplied by a whole population. The idea is that even acknowledging that this idea might possibly be worth investigating in some way is the equivalent of going on nigger lynches.

Because idiots poat threads like "tell me about African history." What about it? It's a huge ducking topic. People that post threads like "how different was the Ethiopian church considering its isolation?" or "were the Zulu military tactics as effective as claimed?" Tend to spark good discussion with posts of "lolniggers" going largely ignored.

>ducking
I hate this phone

because /pol/ users seep in here

Also because no respect for actual discussion Veeky Forums is between a rock and a hard place

africa was doing far worse before colonialism than after it

/pol/yps + African history gets next to no attention in the west, so there aren't that many knowledgeable people to actually discuss things and drown out the shitposting.

We've gotta wait until the english-speaking part of Africa joins Veeky Forums to have decent threads here.

it's more like ignorance and controversy mixing together. since nobody has bothered to read about it here, nobody knows about it except what stereotypes we learned when growing up and how it appears in pop culture today (afrocentrist revisionist bullshit mostly, or at least that's how /pol/ makes it out to be)

They won't, all you get here are diaspora weebs and we've even left for the most part.

because its an idea that yields no value and is uselessly divisive, even if there is a small speck of truth to it. the most significant return on investment would be building stronger states, better agricultural systems and infrastructure than fucking screeching about "muh iq". what you're implying is that you want race to be a "serious" category by which people make policy because you want to legitimate the oppression of one group of people with physical difference over another, which is petty and childish anyway

>Veeky Forums is full of shit
>let's piss in it, that will help

>not ignoring that something is real means you want to go full 1488

What about Australian Aboriginals? I'm pretty sure they're more primitive than every African population.

Besides a few Ethiopians and Somalis, there is an extremely small minority of Black Africans on Veeky Forums, but every now and then you'll see them.

Like most issues in modern society, the answer is because liberals.

Everybody knows that's the whole point of your fucking rambling on about IQ, using those points for political change and what political change can be made with "lol niggers dumb"? I wonder what kind of programs you'll come up with, surely it'll be better preschools, free college and shit, right? And not segregation and a white ethnostate?
You're transparent.

Several reasons
>NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
>there isn't much written history for a giant chunk of the continent
>most people know jackshit the place, including the people that live there

Literally what is the point of making it a thing if it's not to do something about it?

about the place*

>africans can't

>what is the african gold trade

lol no thanks, redditor

well no cause if you tell them about pre colonial sub saharan culture and civilization they just start shouting "mudhuts" and "those were semites" so there is no possible way to educate them

the threads are one giant dumb circlejerk, the user who posts them just wants the answer "yes you are superior to other races" so he can act like he is better than others based on genetic science he doesn't understand.

just look at these posts

>It's a huge ducking topic
Outside of Northern Africa (Carthage and Egypt), not really. Most of Africa had no alphabet so they have no history interesting place is Ethiopia.
>ducking
What a fucking faggot redditor on his gay phone lol.

>reddit opinion
>reddit spacing
EVERY TIME

>whiteys are superior to nig nogs
>therefore i can cover up any insecurity and increase my low self esteem with the achievement of people who share the same skin as me in the past

/pol/ fears the black warrior

Why do you try to keep baiting these insecure faggots? You are part of the problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ

>people with well formulated opinions use formatting
>I'm a fucking NEET that can't properly present an argument

!!!LE REDDIT!!!

>What is oral tradition?

I am insecure myself

/pol/ rekt

Lol

>We've gotta wait until the english-speaking part of Africa joins Veeky Forums to have decent threads here

Why join Veeky Forums and not their Mongolian shadow puppet shitposting sites?

A meme

>>people with well formulated opinions use formatting
Then why didn't he
>capitalise
>use full stops
>double space that last line

Africa is shaped like something but I can't put my finger on what.

No it's not a flaccid penis, that's florida.

Because /pol/ is retarded and thinks that everyone needs to be reminded that the African countries didn't have as good architecture.

They don't realize that you can be interested in a topic without thinking another culture is superior to your own.

Looks like a bird head or a

Because you either are for being conquered by Aftica thus an unacceptable mortal enemy or you do not want Africans at all

>hundreds of years
Most of Africa was colonized when my parents were born.

Some of the biggest oil producers in the world are in Africa. Ghana recently entered the space age. South Africa is unique in that it's never had a coup, despite having more than its share of lunatics like Julius Malema and Eugene Terre'Blanche.

Colonization did literally nothing wrong, just one master over another.

All you need to know is;
1) We
2) Wuz
3) Kangz!

>le everything I don't le like is le reddit XDD!!!

What does it matter if the owners of the land are white or not, its not going to poor negroes.

Tumblrinas and redditors get triggered and chimp out every time you try to post peer reviewed studies about African IQ

lol niggers

>no p values
come on, now, user
indeed

>IQ meme

This post got me hard

Honestly, I prefer /pol/ to tumblr for a few reasons. Firstly, /pol/ will try to have an argument with you. /pol/ loves to recruit other people, and they do this by showing statistics and historical events. While their arguments are typically flawed, you can at least have a healthy debate with them. Most tumblrites don't even care about debate, they will disregard your points through ad hominems with a smug attitude. The "it's the current year" meme isn't just a meme, it's a scarily popular "argument". While /pol/ will occasionally do this by calling people "JIDF", they tend not to do it as often.

Secondly, /pol/ is far more compatible to "board culture" than tumblr is. Veeky Forums has always been rather right-wing (albeit in more of a classical-liberal sense). We've always supported the free market and everyone's right to say nigger. Hell, most Veeky Forums terms involve the word fag at the end. In this environment, /pol/ can blend in rather well, whereas tumblr sticks out like a sore thumb. As a /co/ crossposter, you have no idea how many times I've seen anons unironically complain about the word "nigger" being used.

Thirdly, and most importantly, /pol/ has pretty good memes, and leftists don't. "the left can't meme" is a fact, just look at leftypol's (((humor))). At least /pol/ can be pretty funny at times.

tldr; /pol/ can suck at times, but they're better than SJWs.

>/pol/ is far more compatible to "board culture" than tumblr is
Obsessed with tradition values and authoritarian governments? Very compatible to board culture indeed
nu/pol/ is nothing but cancerous underage newfags
>they will disregard your points through ad hominems with a smug attitude.
cuck cuck cuck niggers niggers niggers degenerate degenerate degenerate CULTURAL-MARXISM and spamming Africa threads sure is better

>still preferring tumblr to /pol/
wew lad

If you think /pol/ is "protecting" this site from SJWs then you're deluded
You're the same type of crazy lunatics that nobody likes and should fuck off this board, both of you

>/pol/ has pretty good memes, and leftists don't. "the left can't meme" is a fact, just look at leftypol's (((humor))). At least /pol/ can be pretty funny at times.

the left is unable to be funny beacuse they take themselves too seriously and are more concerned with smelling their own farts and basking in their smug superiority complex.

because you're full of shit

You could use a dose of facts
youtube.com/watch?v=aS7XUGh2meI

>muh colonialism, even though it's been hundreds of years since then with very little improvement.
It's get better than that, degree and length of colonialism is a predicter of better economic performance for African countries. This is not the case in East-Asia. Also how the shorter period since colonialism, the better for African nations.

>/pol/ is one person with unified beliefs
Sieg Heil nigger

ok tumblr