It is commom for Filipinos to claim that they have Spanish ancestry, due to 3 centuries of colonial history under Spain...

it is commom for Filipinos to claim that they have Spanish ancestry, due to 3 centuries of colonial history under Spain, having a Spanish last name, or claiming that their grandparent or a more earlier ancestor is Spanish. but what is the true count for Filipinos that have actual Iberian ancestors?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7e2_ebz7ga4
youtu.be/bYH-G9xZY3c
youtu.be/ILqwjkIgBro
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmy_peoples
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipinos#Origins_and_genetic_studies
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

By now, probably almost all of them. 15 generations is a long time.

and yet they look like pic related.

also look at the examples of these sorry losers:
youtu.be/7e2_ebz7ga4
youtu.be/bYH-G9xZY3c
youtu.be/ILqwjkIgBro

And?

>And?
I'm going to need a more concrete proof than this

In Asia, we call them the Mexicans/Latin Americans of Asia, and for good reason

most of us are at least half spanish, only the muslims are full native

I myself am mostly criollo, my mother's family was from cadiz and my father's family is from brentwood

because of the culture. ethnically they're indistinguishable from Malaysians and Indonesians.

proofs? I've seen people larp as mestizos when they actually look like this

Damn that's ugly

culture is a component of ethnicity though...

and Malaysians aren't Arabs, either.

OP is a huge retard

>unsupported proofs
>vague facts
>ad hominem
am I in /pol/?

Nope. Not everyone.
Only those who have Spic blood do.

Even people with verifiable Spic blood would look like Asians. It has been generations. While some do look Half European due to having recent European ancestry like our second president was, some would have Spanish blood way earlier up the family tree, considering the early colonists didn't bring any females with them and married into the Principalia (native nobility turned colonial nobility).

Flips need to stop exporting themselves across the world.

What about the indigenous population, the Negritos?

>having a bad day
>remember I'm not Filipino
>suddenly feel great

I don't know why. I don't even dislike Filipinos.

wasn't the colony only administered then? administered meaning that they only deployed a few thousand spaniards, as opposed to the millions of natives already living in the archipelago?

>capitalism needs to stop

Nearly there.

Quite a bit, really.
It's just that since it's been quite a while since the Spanish were there, and with the passage of time, most Spanish features would've been diluted through natural breeding by the locals. (Probably why a lot of 'em look like dark chinks. Keep in mind, there's also a fuckload of Chinks in Flipistan.)

Yeah.
However, the fact that many of the local tribes were busy squabbling with each other and pursuing individual goals (when Magellan turned up, there were a bunch of local chieftains who threw in with him.) meant that the Spanish didn't really face a really big united front against them

I may be wrong, though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmy_peoples

I thank God every day I wasn't born a Flip.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipinos#Origins_and_genetic_studies

"After the 16th century, the colonial period saw the influx of limited genetic influence from Europeans and other populations from the Americas, Oceania, and Asia. This is evidenced by the presence of the Western European Y-DNA Haplogroup R1b which is present among 13.33% of the Philippine population. According to a genetic study done by the University of California (San Francisco), Filipinos possess moderate amounts of European DNA coming from the Spanish settlers.[80]"

So about 1/8 of Filipinos have some level of European ancestry.

That was the case from the 1500s to the 1700s. The Spanish colony of the Philippines at that time was acquired via Spain playing tribal Islandnigger politics as opposed to military conquest. Largely because 1) Steel and gunpowder is used by the locals as well and 2) There's only a few soldiers that can be sent all the way to the East Indies. The cunts have to cross Atlantic and the Pacific for sakes. In addition: they were simply there for a spot on the trade scene.

So Spain instead focused on running protection schemes instead. They saw in the Philippine small tribes running scared from powerful local confederacies and kingdoms (who were usually Muslim). They instituted a system of conversion for protection scheme. They built in areas of their landings fortified towns with a church in the middle. They then extended an invitation to the chiefs of the weaklings that they could live in these nice towns and be protected from more powerful Flips, for the price of considering the King of Spain their liege, and converting to Catholicism. There's also a sweet deal that the status of the nobles will be retained as colonial nobility (the Principalia).

It worked tremendously well to the point that Spain had enough local subjects in the Philippines to challenge local powers, subduing some, and making aliiances and conversions with others. Though they never fully conquered the Philippine's far north (headhunters) and far south (Powerful Muslim states backed by Malaysia and Indonesian Muslim entities).

So for the longest time Spanish colonial presence in the Islands was "Spain and its fortified cities + subject groups + allied groups."

It was a sweet deal to everyone concerned, which only ever changed in the 1800s when Spain became increasingly nationalist and concerned with race, Europeans started pouring in the Philippines in increasing numbers with the loss of Latin American Colonies, and Flip Middle Classes started studying liberalism & nationalism in Europe.

>13.33%
>but 90% of people claim to have it
lmao