Good times don't last

We'll make it brief.

If you don't accept the following you should re-check your head.

1) volatility in crypto overtime will die. this is going to happen as new entrants join the market as they will have more money to play with and be able to put together complex derivatives to keep volatility dead as well as news/information already "priced in" the market. What you are seeing in 2017 is the glory year of crypto and it will end with banks figuring out a way to value all of these cryptos causing smaller price appreciation

2) exchanges will regulate the fuck out of crypto because the exchanges are the only means governments can effectively control money. Bittrex, Mt. Poloniex, and others will eventually have to deal with sending trading logs over to the regulating bodies of every single trade you've done and when you cashed out and where the money went. Decentralized exchanges are one step ahead of regulators in this aspect but the creators of them will eventually have to put some regulation layer on top of them unless the creators want to live in solitary confinement for the rest of their lives.

3) pump n dump groups will be outlawed and subject to SEC or whatever regulation your country had. This is inevitable. Wall street in the 1980s was just like this and they cracked down hard. People will go to jail for this. Give it time.

4) most of these tokens will eventually go to shit or just lose value vs btc. Why? No one uses them and development teams take the loot and peace out. Most ICO'S now are trash and normies are asking for ways to fund their wildest dreams in return for coins that have no intrinsic value.

2017 is a great year for trading and returns for crypto. It won't be like this forever and many of you are missing the point. I give it the next couple years before the game rationalizes and more normal % gains appear in the market. Until then continue to be long as it won't happen swiftly but it'll take time.

Other urls found in this thread:

cointelegraph.com/news/investors-pull-billions-from-stocks-as-new-bitcoin-crypto-options-appear
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Such an underrated post

its all decentralized you don't even understand the tech kys

Nice blog post faggot. Everyone who isnt a brainlet understands all of this already.

>good times don't last
no shit

Sure, centralized exchanges may regulate. But how are they going to regulate Radar Relay and Etherdelta?

Couple of years is all I need.

We know that.

In 3 years when a bitcoin is worth $500,000 I will have already accumulated enough to be a billionaire.

Now shut up and let me accumulate in the quiet.

> Wall street in the 1980s was just like this and they cracked down hard

What you're saying is we have more time?

In a sense Wall Street has become decentralized and that's what you're seeing.

DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGES MAN.
Volatility may die in bigger coins but smaller with good prospects and not over-inflated ico market caps are going to do good.

OP is your average FUD cuck

Are you saying 2017 is better than the years before? Honest question

neat

ok, they'll go after the devs because they know that is a layer they can control
not essentially. everyone is in hoorah mode, they haven't lived thru the tech bubble to know what real value is
wall street already had this with order routing, they had 15 different exchanges that traded exactly what the NYSE did. with more money and more corporations looking at it, the arbitrage opportunities and volatility will die with information flow.
Lived thru the 1980s Bond bubble, Lived thru the Japan bubble, Lived thru the Tech bubble, Lived thru the low interest rate bubble. Tell me how this time it's different. It's not, people will get burned, governments will try to fuck with this as much as they can. People will go to prison if they don't comply. Enjoy your gains and know when to GTFO.

>I refuse to enjoy 6million% gainz because it won't last forever probably
ok, do what you want.

This market is too easy to make money in. If it's too easy to make money in profits will get competed away. I am enjoying it. I know it won't last. That's the whole reason for this post.

that's not what he's saying at all retard, nor are you making that much gains

>2) exchanges will regulate the fuck out of crypto because the exchanges are the only means governments can effectively control money
decentralized exchanges are already here user, OTC via 0x is possible today
You can literally trade ERC20 tokens in a Veeky Forums thread right this second by posting a couple of links

thank God because bittrex is clearly cucked right now. they're not adding shit anymore.

>and know when to GTFO
How will we know when to?

LOL you are not a special person with special insight
hang yourself

yes i made more this year than i made all of 2014 2015 and 2016.

we knew this OP

im telling all my freinds to get into crypto but im warning them this wont last more than a year or two.

we truly are in the glory years.

>1)
There will always be alt coins that are volatile

>2)
There are already in the works decentralized exchanges

>3)
No problem with this, but see above.

>4)
Duh

nice stock photo. tell me something i dont know

>Lived thru the 1980s Bond bubble, Lived thru the Japan bubble, Lived thru the Tech bubble, Lived thru the low interest rate bubble. Tell me how this time it's different. It's not, people will get burned, governments will try to fuck with this as much as they can. People will go to prison if they don't comply. Enjoy your gains and know when to GTFO.

How will we know when to gtfo?

cointelegraph.com/news/investors-pull-billions-from-stocks-as-new-bitcoin-crypto-options-appear

Is it now? Seems like if this is true, the market caps of coins is about to rise by billions of dollars. Maybe that's behind the recent surge in bitcoin prices. Given the market caps of tons of altcoins outside the top 20 seems to be around $200M, I wonder if that's because people think $200M seems like the right amount for an altcoin or something that isn't a platform, and whether we'll simply see more join them at $200M rather than see many of the ones at $200M make the jump to $2B.

Lol you're naive OP. With the amount of gridlock and other bullshit going on in Washington, it would take years before any meaningful regulation was passed if at all. Also, if they regulated crypto then they would have even less control over the financial system because it would encourage more people to abandon the current system, giving the banks less control. it would be better for them to leave it unregulated and let people rip each other apart in crypto. Also, less than 5% of the US population is even invested in any type of crypto, which adds to my previous point of keeping people away from it through the fear of losing all their money. Finally, tech moves so quickly that loopholes can be invented around any law thats put out. The human element will simply not be able to keep up.

look at total market cap.
dot com when it burst was about 1 trillion. all crypto right now is less than 200 billion.
we still have about 3-4 years of "free market" bubble

Not all bubbles are the same

Also crypto is international, which is the beauty of it. Its hard to regulate.
Americans cant participate in (most) ICO's.
But the rest of the world can.

So now governments have to make a choice of either regulating/banning this and keep the money inside the country's economy but then they get left behind.

Regulations prohibits technological innovations.
And I think it will bite them in the ass.

If western countries restrict crypto, asia will rise.

such fine writing

That is so deep it's actually eerie. I am in awe.
I would have to agree that unless a decentralized exchange is made by benevolent anonymous developers in an open source community not tainted by greed, we are fucked. The only reason we are even here turning Veeky Forums into what should be /crypto/ is because someone or some few people did just that...

I know etherdelta is a good start, but it is still very bare bones. Seeing the way things are going eventually something will happen. I don't see trading crypto going away after the shut down though. There will always be alternatives.

Vires in Numeris, there's a good reason why that is BTC's motto.

A couple years is pushing it. I'd say we have 6 months, 1 year max

Not necessarily truth the tech is progressing the day Will come where exchanges wont be needed im talking about cross-platform technology and us government is not the only government in the world why do you think most cryptos go to Thailand Singapore and not the silicon valley stop living in a bubble western country's are not the whole world the world is a big place and each country is up to their interest if a crypto company makes a country rich they will give 0 shit about the us government

What is your reasoning behind this ?

When the 13 colonies of early America had enough of getting fucked in the ass by paying high taxation, they revolted against the government and won.

We did it once. We can do it again. Except this time there doesn't need to be any bloodshed.

The more that governments and central banks fight for control, the more it fuels BTC growth. This is a fact. Shut down the exchanges and the market will find a new way to achieve the mission. It always does.

wtf i just figured out how to buy bitcoins and now you tell me the party is over? fucking gay what do i even do with this shit

There will still be at least one more wake of mass investment into cryptocurrencies. This will increase the global market capitalization to over 1 trillion which will provide enough liquidity, volume and stability for Wall Street algos and HFT programs to dominate the scene. As we reach this capitalization I believe there will be a mass culling of shitcoins will poor developers, funding and vision so choose your crypto wisely. I obviously could be wrong though. Maybe crypto will decline starting from today! I doubt it.

wave *

I doubt it. I think the real big money is still afraid of crypto. Too many things can go wrong. Hacks, address fuckups, etc etc. I'd be lying if I said I felt safer with my money in crypto.

once government and normies start really getting into it then its about to burst

the way i understand it is that Bitcoin is more or less the foundation (though this is subject to change) and everything else is just kinda reaching for the moon and a few might win

so basically hodl and git gud

>Decentralized exchanges are one step ahead of regulators in this aspect but the creators of them will eventually have to put some regulation layer on top of them unless the creators want to live in solitary confinement for the rest of their lives.

Throw the jew down the well
So my crypto can be free
So my crypto can be free

So, the market is basically dependent on whichever crypto the masses pour their real money into first.

After that the shitcoins become more worthless than they already are.

which is bitcoin

Imagine going to jail for joining pump and dump group on facebook LMAOO

Tax money they'll make is sure to give more incentive to push through any bils

witnessed

>ok, they'll go after the devs because they know that is a layer they can control
You really are clueless about this"decentralized" stuff aren't you?
If it's out there, there's literally nothing to stop it

kek