I am considering getting a bank loan for about $2000. I work in the VR industry but don't have my own hardware...

I am considering getting a bank loan for about $2000. I work in the VR industry but don't have my own hardware, always using the company's or a friend's.

The company I was working at collapsed, and nobody does any hiring in the fall for games. If I get the loan, I can work on my own projects and get hired more easily.

What's the best way to do this? Should I approach my local bank? What are the essentials of my presentation?

>bank loan 2000$
>thinks require a presentation

Holy fuck.

I'm sorry, user. I have never had a loan before and don't know the etiquette.

Is it better to frame it as a personal loan or a business loan if I want to avoid interest?

Also you say you work in the "vr industry" but you dont have a job? So you are not working. Hope you faggot cant get a loan. Learn a real job. Welcome to reality.

So do I just walk into the bank and ask about it or do I need to do some prep work?

Hate to say this but except for rare exceptions there's no money in content. In games that you create. Really if you get that loan you're going to end up where you are now, with an additional bill to pay. I'm giving you good advice.

vr is a fad that will die hard, but lucky for you it's a fad that a lot of corporations like for some reason. In 5 years you'll be on the streets with your HTC vive strapped to your face playing a 60 dollar game where you can only throw rocks

What do you mean by Content? It's not worth working for another company? I have professional credits already, I just need to upgrade my hardware so I can spend the fall productively.

What hardware?

I am currently working off a laptop, to the point where I can no longer run the latest version of Unreal and Visual Studio at the same time (I've tried. 10 minute boot times after each crash are no joke). I want to get a new PC that can handle the workload, as well as a HTC Vive so I can keep making VR demos.

But really, what's the strategy here? Personal loan? Business loan?

go to the big ass electronic super store. they have financing. go with your computer nerd friend to choose a good and cheap one.

Dude if you can pay off 2000 in 6 months, get paypal credit. I got approved with only a 450 credit score back in the beginning. So you get 6 months no interest and if you don't pay by then you have the interest added automatically. I use it to buy on eBay primarily

I have some particular parts in mind to ensure it's a little more future proof. Plus GPUs are currently inflated so I'll be using an old one. I also don't know if physical stores will have all the parts I need.

That's a good idea. What's the interest after 6 months, usually?

Tf dude? Did you ever even get paid for what you were doing? How do you not have 2 gs to spare?

Moving to a more expensive city, getting cucked out of my job by outsourced slavs, and needing my nest egg to survive until 2018 when the jobs come back.

It's 19.99% so from those 2000 you'd pay 200 extra if you pay on the 6th month after the promotion. Or 400 (the full 20 percent) after a year. You don't have to do minimum payments either. You can buy this month and you can not pay a cent until before the 6 month mark hits if you want. Don't do bank loans save that for bigger things like homes, or cars, or a bigger business loan

Heres an example. I bought a gaymen laptop and have the option of paying until January

If I helped you OP you can tip me some btc ;)

1FQWmR4SM4N75Y9QMKwKygSw4nUr1yjNFL

>I bought a gaymen laptop
>I paid 1.5k for an overpriced consumer grade piece of shit
>on credit
Don't listen to a word this meme says

I have no BTC. Never stable enough to get some. :(

Why would the jobs comeback in 2018

You get me a cheaper portable pc with a gtx 1070 then cuck

Game dev jobs come in seasons. In the fall, projects are wrapping up for Xmas release. Once January hits, new budgets and additional headcount gets approved, and companies hire contract work for stuff that needs to finish before the end of the year.