What did the average German soldier believe he was fighting for in World War 2?

What did the average German soldier believe he was fighting for in World War 2?

Cuckoldry

whatever the nazi propaganda was saying about since the 20's

He was fighting for enslavement of neighboring nations and the extermination of jews and other undesireables. Average German soldier was evil and rotten to the core.

>He was fighting for enslavement of neighboring nations and the extermination of jews and other undesireables. Average German soldier was evil and rotten to the core.
THOU SHALT NOT KILL

Everybody's going to hell.

Probably something like survival maybe

Probably patriotism and revenge. Germans loved their country and probably bought into the idea that Germany would have to do battle with communism for survival (And defend against what they viewed as corrupt liberalism). Furthermore I'm sure many stories where told by their fathers of ww1 (or lost fathers in ww1) and wanted revenge (stab in the back myth) as well as restoring Germany to its former glory due to lost territory linking back to point one.

All three sides were also fighting for the same thing: Security against their rival two ideologies its just that Communism and Liberalism saw Fascism as the biggest initial threat (due to its militarism) and so the cold war followed suit. I imagine most officers and soldiers viewed the world in this way like how modern soldiers in the west view themselves as defending freedom.
>Nazi soldiers defending Europe from Communism
>Communists defending the Proletariat from oppressive regimes
>Liberals defending freedom against tyranny

Not gonna lie, the top hat world looks pretty comfy

Good post

For taking Alsace and Lorraine back and not being rolled over, having all their women rapped, all their possession seized and all their culture destroyed by the Soviets and to not know the fate of Ukrainians.

This. The greatest mistake of the common man's analysis of history is that Hitler was a pied piper who seduced the German people and destroyed their country. On the contrary, Hitler and his ideology were the ultimate expression of everything German. Inside the heart of every individual belonging to the so called Germanic race is a ruthless, paranoid, insecure, self pitying totalitarian pervert whose means of compensating is projecting the collective insecurities of his people onto whatever the supposed "other" was convenient for him at the time, in this case the Jews. The German ideology is not positive. It does not build, but only seeks to destroy. What these barbarians do not understand is that if they had their way and all the "degenerates" were gone they would be left to themselves. These sorry excuses for human beings would be cold, afraid, empty inside, and have no one to blame. Truly a horrifying fate.

Protecting Europe from godless Bolsheviks of course

Well lucky you because that's the world were living in baby.
...Oh wait

Victory over Bolshevism and DE JEWZ

Good choice

It appears we've hit a bump since then, how do we get back to this?

Bloodlust, as every G*rman since Roman times.

>he can't distinguish between lifetime program cost and R&D/procurement costs

It's called O&M you philistine.

Foreign pussies

It's just a bit of banter to highlight the ludicrous amount of money the US has at its disposal.

>What did the average German soldier believe he was fighting for in World War 2?
His wage.

In all seriousness, there are people who still the defend the F-35, just go down to /k/ and make a thread about it and you'll get a 300+ post rage war. To me it just seems so uncharacteristic of the US to do this, we know the US government will keep a weapon system in service to save money and if it works. The M2 .50 cal Machine Gun has been in service since 1933, it's had some upgrades since but it has pretty much remained the same since.

I had a .50 cal that has been around since 1943 on my deployment, the bolt and the barrel probably weren't the original ones but it still felt good to be lugging around a piece of history with me.

The teen series fighters are older now than the Sopwith camel was during the Battle of Britain.

200 F-22s and a bunch of block upgrades isn't going to cut it forever.

You have a point, what pisses most people off about the F-35 is that it became pretty obvious what a money sink it became, if I remember correctly the electrical system on the F-35 is the cause of most of its problems right?

As I understand it, the software was actually a bigger pain in the ass than the hardware.

The program was in the shit around like '09, but the DoD eventually told Lockheed that they wouldn't bail them out if there was another cost increase, and now unit prices are more or less where they're supposed to be.

Also, Japan built their first one. I don't know why, but this makes me happy.

You'd figure they'd be able to get the software out of the way huh? Sort of reminds me of the EFV, its like the F-35 on a baby scale, went like 15 years over schedule and went 3 billion overbudget for a fucking landing craft before the Marine Corps nuked the project and decided to upgrade the 40 year old AAVP7s instead

Every major military program of the last 20 years from ACUs to M16 replacement has been nothing but a fucking money sink and it's left an army that is inferior in virtually every way to its apex in the 1990s.

And let's not even get started on the subject of PMCs...

Maybe but you have to admit, MARPAT is a pretty good fucking pattern, probably one of the few things the Marines did right in recent times

>I had a .50 cal that has been around since 1943 on my deployment

Kek

Its almost poetic that Liberalisms biggest flaw is not that it is destroyed in fire by Fascism or out manufactured by Communism but rather the fact that liberal nations have so much money they become full blown retarded when spending it and piss it down the pot and then have to be austere in public spending to balance the books.
Imagine if the west (especially the US) used a bit less of its budget on military expenditure and more on social, scientific, and humanitarian endeavors (or perhaps even spent a bit more carefully on the military). Truly Fascists and Commies would be BTFO eternally if more people were a but more paternal and patrician with liberalism using it as a most biblical force of good.