Who was the greatest Brit to ever live?

Who was the greatest Brit to ever live?

Oliver Cromwell

Guillaume le Conqueror

This.
The best English people were larping frenchmen.

A close call between:

Williaume le Conquereur
Richard I Coeur de Lion
Henry V de Plantagenet

George Washington. If it wasn't for him those evil brits might still be a world power.

Robert Clive.

Lindybeige

Isaac Newton

Reminder that this dude is unironically of French descent

Horatio Nelson is the most based, don't know about the best though

This

Ian Paisley

Ironically true
The American Patriots were more English than the English, standing up for civil liberties and all that.

Bomber Harris

Shakespeare

Alfred the Great

/thread

The greatest man who ever lived is surely the de-facto greatest Brit.

Like half of England is of French descent if you go back enough generations

>Literally the paragon of what it means to be an Anglo and thusly the greatest human of all
Prove me wrong
>Pro tip
You can't

Oliver Cromwell is unironically better than all three of those, papist scum.

Caesar

Alfred the Great. Fucker had debilitating Crohn's Disease but managed to trash the Vikings, forge the trampled English kingdoms into one, reform the administration and created the burh system.

Alfred the Great.

This guy, no contest

>malplaquet

Le Conquérant*
Spell it right

>t. Thomas Jefferson

Churchill
Thanks to him we can see the total collapse of the angl*

One battle won't change his legacy, my friend

Alfred the great, a man of Supreme ability and piety. An exemplar for all future rulers.

He probably was the best personification of the eternal anglo.

You already know.

>it's a "frankaboo who doesn't know that the Norman version of William is Williame" episode

Last week he was literally Welsh. Can you people make up your mind?

He's... beautiful.

Come on lads, it's Shakespeare.
A hundred of England's most influential kings and generals have had less impact on humanity than one playwright from Stratford.

>st george's cross
>brit
I find it strange that even though the scottish created the union, the English came to so throughly dominate it, it's sad really, even a few symnbolic gestures like restoring a rightful scottish king might go a long way to healing the divisions in the union.

King James saw England as his primary title though surely.

Willem III

I suppose so, but even then it's odd how Great Britain's survived this long despite Everyone holding concernes (Welsh want their language more readily available, the Scottish want autonomy/freedom, and the English don't want to surrender the soverignty that comes with beefing up the national assemblies/parliaments)

Realistically i think the UK'd be better off with a more federal model, whilst retaining the principles of our parliamentary democracy.

Unlike me, who is ironically of French descent

King Arthur

>Federal Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Would such a country even work? Or would it just devolve into political standstills as the Scottish parliament vetos any proposed action purely because "fuck the English."

>even a few symnbolic gestures like restoring a rightful scottish king
You mean like Elizabeth II?

looks alarmingly similar to Andrew Lincoln

AND I SAY BRITAIN'S GREATEST PRIME MINISTER WAS LORD PALMERSTON!

>Isaac Newton
>John Locke
>Edmund Burke
>Elgar

this guy

This

All those brave fellows that were born with congenital disease and died a few minutes after birth.

They choose death over perfidy.

King Henry VIII

>King Henry VIII: Pontiff, I want to divorce my wife
>Pontiff: I can't do that for political reasons
>King Henry VIII: Did I ask you for permission..?
>**King Henry VIII creates Anglican Church, makes himself the head thereof and literally pockets the fortune that the Catholic Church had in England**
Catholics BTFO'd

Elthered the Unready on the basis that even after having proven himself to be a terrible leader, he was reappointed to the position.

>Who was the greatest Brit to ever live?
Posts England flag.

The Brits don't agree with you, that is the contemporary Brits unlike you Glorious Revolution faggots living in a delusional fantasy world propped up by Jewish moneylenders.

> mu WASP work ethic
> Jewish Moneylenders
Choose one, and only one.

>King Henry VIII creates Anglican Church
kek, you absolute retard. Henry III wanted a close relationship with the Catholic system, it was much later when the changes occurred under religious factions not existent during Henry's life. There were numerous breaks with the Church like Henry's, but they usually were resolved eventually.

this.

or:

>hengist & horsa
>edward I
>edward III
>shakespeare
>chaucer
>hereward the wake (woke)
>simon and chris ecob
>a bajillion other cunts whose autism changed the world for the better

england is a nation of creative but greedy autists. like the dutch, we're a nation of gold-fevered, creative but terminally greedy autists. unlike the dutch, we don't have a nation of weapon obsessed autists to the east and a nation of turbo chads to the south so "we" got on with our own shit.

John Lennon.

Of the 20th century, possibly.

the longshanks

George Washington
Caesar
Alexander the Great

Then how come Oliver is Britain's most popular boys name [spoiler]after Mohammad[/spoiler]?

But that's a Jew and arch-daemon?

Ctrl+F William Marshal 0 results

Shit thread.

Williaume le Mareschal was a great warrior, but not relevant enough

Cecil Rhodes

We will annex the stars in your name, Cecil. Intergalactic British Colony of New Rhodesia when???

Because Jamie Oliver

He,Gordon Ramsay and Simon Cowell are probably the most influential brits