New episode up - "The Celtic Holocaust," Julius Caesar subjugates the Celts

New episode up - "The Celtic Holocaust," Julius Caesar subjugates the Celts.

>raises voice several notches

ENJOY

Other urls found in this thread:

acast.com/dancarlinshardcorehistory/show-60-the-celtic-holocaust
twitter.com/AnonBabble

awesome thanks
feels like it's been forever

Is it free?

the link on the website is dead, i found a mirror
acast.com/dancarlinshardcorehistory/show-60-the-celtic-holocaust

Are there any other good podcasts in the vein of Dan Carlin out there you all enjoy?

I like the guy as a storyteller and occasional political palette-cleanser but fuck if I can stand waiting every 3 months for a new HH or CS.

Celts deserved it. I haven't started it yet but I'm worried Carlin is going to do a 'Celts didn't do anything wrong' approach

Of course

I just started History on Fire which was recommended here. It's a history professor and pretty good so far. He's a friend of Carlin's, and while their style has a lot of overlap he doesn't seem to do as much gay monologing as Carlin does

He does have a very thick Italian accent but you get used to it and his English is perfect anyway

END QUOTE

> I'm worried Carlin is going to do a 'Celts didn't do anything wrong' approach

It gives them a fair shake, but I don't think it really goes full dindu in that regard.

>Anxiously wait half a year for next episode
>Not interested in the topic

Age of Napoleon is a good new pod

I know that feel. He said in one of the recent Common Sense episodes that HH was taking so long because he's been having trouble figuring out what he wants to do shows on, I'm afraid he'll get burned out soon or just run out of interesting stuff.

Carlin's always been a history geek, as long as he continues to be the self-described fan that he is I doubt he'll ever just up and quit.

I don't think he'll ever quit, but I think him temporarily burning out or spending more time in contemplation over topics is definitely a concern.

Tides of History is a good new one, just a few episodes up so far. Big picture history. From the dude who did Fall of Rome podcast.

It's not like he'll ever run out of topics. If he ever decided to tackle Sengoku Era Japan that's a shitton to talk about. Hundreds of years of constant civil war.

So when will we hear about the Greek Holocaust or Punic Holocaust? Carlin is a fucking retarded American painting a picture of the world for JEWS and DEMOCRACY.

>tfw no Rise of Islam series
>tfw no 30 years war episode
>tfw no Napoleonic Wars series

he has a 3 part series for the Punic Wars

This whole story is harrowing as fuck

I would love a 30 years war series so much.

>Dan Carlin said Caesar was playing "3D chess"
>End quote

yo check out Age of Napoleon, it's recent and preddy good

Shame, there are a lot of interesting topics, war-related or not, some of which aren't necessarily done to the death in mainstream media.

>The 30 Years War (filled to the brim with intrigues, military developments, and prominent figures)
>The Military Revolution (and whether or not the traditional understanding and definition of it holds up under closer scrutiny)
>The Japanese Sengoku Period
>The Chinese Warring States Period (alternatively, there's the Three Kingdoms Period and the Warlords of early 20th Century China)
>The Emu War (light in tone and length)
>The Building of the Prussian Empire
>Less famous political entities like the Swedish Empire and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (both of which featured some well-regarded military units)
>Eastern conquerors like Nader Shah, Timur, Babur, Akbar, and Ashoka (for starters)

This is a pleb general question, but can you recommend any books on those topics? 30 Years War seems particularly interesting but I'll take any suggestions

Honestly Wedgewood's 30 Years' War is really good. Well written and the narrator for the audiobook is top notch. I still haven't forgotten the "If the woman wasn't so niggardly with her virginity she wouldn't have been raped." line.