What is a criticism of IOTA?

What is a criticism of IOTA?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@SatoshiPay/satoshipay-phases-out-bitcoin-partners-with-iota-foundation-b7927b76a63d
satoshipay.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

too many in circulation and devs plan to increase it further

they aid refugees

Current technical issues.

My bundle is still pending weeks after transition, despite many, many attempts to reattach and rebroadcast and generate new addresses.

IOTA is just baby still using training wheels. You can go with big risk big reward, like IOTA, or little risk big reward with ...like 10 other coins. How many shekels do you have to invest?

Reattach from the receiving address, not sending, and dont rebroadcast. Fixed my issues in about 20 minutes.

Increase supply or increase circulation? Do you have a source?

Second time I've read a comment about this and have yet to see evidence

I thought that at first, but then I remembered that nobody owns IOTA and there can be redpilled parties building on and utilizing IOTA just as much as there can be SJW ones.

Given that, I think it's smart to invest at least 5% of your crypto into IOTA right now while it's relatively cheap, as it is the first of a new generation of coins.

they're adding decimals and we'll trade in a different amount; so instead of a million iota we'll trade in ???. that isn't an increase in supply.

Addresses are being manipulated to make IOTA seem more evenly distributed than it actually is, also no working product and still vulnerable to double spending

iota will be distributed when more people buy it. the rest of your bullshit is incorrect.

Many whales can dump on you if you own it. Huge amounts in small hands, just look at whatever happens when it reaches a dollar, like today.

Pretends to be innovative while byteball launched mainnet before iota.

Why is this not on Bittrex yet?

you do realize it already has a massive market cap right. that kinda reduces the "big reward" part

It's slow and steady, feels good to hold. Feels like it's doing it's own unique thing with potential for lots of future adoption. I've gone 4.5x on it, if I'd held in btc I'd have gone 2x or so.

why do you think of market cap as a limitation?

This
Also since you don't pay fees the inherent value is lower compared to other coins.
The project itself seems promising but i don't see that much investment potential. Still hodling some

this is why i don't want to buy it actually.
don't want to aid army of invaders

LMAO. You /pol/tards are beyond help. Have fun making less money faggots.

may be interesting for machine to machine tx but dont expect it to replace bitcoin.

It currently doesn't work without a centralized transaction processor, and some doubt that it will.

It uses PoW for transactions. Skycoin is better.

You fucking idiots helping refugees in their home countries is the best way to prevent them from trying to move elsewhere. Honestly you /pol/tards should be genocided, it would substantially increase the global IQ.

>What is a criticism of IOTA?
If you keep using the same receiving address its security gets weaken and you're advised to use a new generated address after each transfer. Some might like that though.

There might be simple exploits that tangle technology haven't foreseen yet since it's totally different and haven't been tested as extensively as blockchain.

Also their wallet is shit. It's really bad in that it's not user friendly and to me this is the worst offender. It can't become mainstream (and get the big gains) if you are asking the average Joe to generate a 81 number seed by going into a terminal and type out shit in the command line.

it will have an impact on the price, just because you do some kind of autistic mental gymnastic to make it seem like less of a big deal, doesn't mean it wont make the coin decrease in value

IOTA will always be traded in MIOTA, if the supply doubled to 5 billion+ MIOTA coins, then the price will most likely be cut in half

>receiving address
*Sending address. Using a receiving address multiple times is totally fine.

Source that more iota will be generated?

All coins were generated at inception

Now I don't know the context of this argument in full in relation to IOTA. But wouldn't they not be refugees if they were still in their homeland?

its been stated in the slack chat by developers multiple times, the iota subreddit also has some more info

they want to, at the very minimum, double the supply, and the more the tangle gets used, the more coins are required

its more efficient to send lots of coins than 0.05 coin like you do with btc or eth

you will only spoil them with "gib me dat" mentality.

west already poured lots and lots of money out of its borders...by all kinda of donation organisation. and its definitely not helped.

they will breed even more uncontrollably and will eventually get to open border countries ......thanks merkels and paul ryans......

provide a source or gtfo

SatoshiPay has switched from Bitcoin to IOTA

>SatoshiPay
medium.com/@SatoshiPay/satoshipay-phases-out-bitcoin-partners-with-iota-foundation-b7927b76a63d

satoshipay.io/

I don't give one iota of care
I finna buy IOTA

Market cap is the best measure for possible ceilings on growth for coins
BUT

iota market cap is a magnitude less than bitcoin market cap still, which is magnitudes less than what the entire market cap of all coins could be in less than 2 years