I'll start off by saying I'm new to this board. I usually stay within the confines of Veeky Forums or /b/. I'm 23...

I'll start off by saying I'm new to this board. I usually stay within the confines of Veeky Forums or /b/. I'm 23. I have my own home. My own car. I also have a 2 yo daughter that I want to have a better future. I'm tired of living paycheck to paycheck. I know basically nothing about stocks, but I'm trying to learn. I opened a TD Ameritrade account. Can any of you point me in the right direction or offer tips? Anything helps.

Other urls found in this thread:

yoshicoineth.wixsite.com/yoshicoin
1uptoken.attention.horse/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

have you heard of cryptocurrencies

Buy bitcoins

Honestly, I've not heard that term until exploring Veeky Forums

Yeah it's kind of all we care about tbqhwyf

NORMIE FUCK OFF. PUT THAT SHIT TO .01% SAVINGS AND 401K. MAYBE YOU WILL BE A MILLIONAIRE AT 70 WHEN YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY FUNDS ARE UNLOCKED.
>I also have a 2 yo daughter
I'll buy her when she turns 9 for 111 BTC at today's prices

Am I right in assuming it's basically bitcoin and other digital currency?

Yo dawg! U totally need to get vert on some ohio coin, bruh...weeners and lamb chops!! 2019!!!

I mean, you also have yoshicoins and 1up tokens.
yoshicoineth.wixsite.com/yoshicoin

We take ourselves very seriously here.

I left a pretty good guide here for the guy who posted on this thread. Read the last few posts.
I hope things work out for you and you make some gain.

That is if you are indeed taking the crypto route for making some extra money

I want one... ;_;

let's get OP on the path to LAMBOS
>Losing all of your savings
>Amassing a huge amount of debt
>Marriage collapse
>Bagholding
>Obsessive shilling
>Suicide
1st step: buy NEO

Well count me right the fuck in.
I'm willing to give it a shot. I read over your guide.

seriously buy NEO. dont listen to a no neo he's just jealous.

>Set aside:
>2 month short-term emergency fund covering a bit more than all of your monthly expenses expenses, in cash
>4-6 month medium-term emergency fund covering a bit more than all of your monthly expenses, bond index funds

>With your remaining net wealth:

>Contribute the maximum to your 401k every month, especially if your employer matches
>Allocate it to a low-fee target date fund for your appropriate retirement date. People talk shit but these are completely fine and autopilot

>Contribute the yearly maximum of $5,500 to your Roth IRA or normal IRA (figure out which is best for your income range and future plans, you can Google it user)
>Allocate 100-your_age% in total stock market index funds (75% US, 25% international)
>Allocate your_age% in total bond market index funds

>401k and IRAs are tax free on gains
>Personal brokerage accounts are not

>Open a personal brokerage account for the rest, this is unfortunately taxed gains
>Invest the rest of your money in here, with the same allocation scheme as your IRA
>If you want, try to be more conservative in your personal brokerage account, and more risky and aggressive in your IRA
>This is because you want your risky big gains in the tax free account, and your safe lower gains in the taxed account, so you give less money to the tax man but have the same exact risk profile. Don't go too overboard with risk in the IRA though, still stay balanced

>Take 10% of your wealth and put it into cryptocurrencies
>Cryptocurrencies are the future and if you're not invested in them you're a cuck. This 10% has to be conservative though, no shitcoins. BTC only at this point

>Take 5% of your remaining funds as "fun money". If you're really comfortable do 10%. But be prepared to lose ALL and I mean -ALL- of this money. Have fun with novel investment methods with this money. Stick it all in shitcoins and JNUG if you want

>stocks
It's the current year grandpa, It's all about crypto now.

They're on the exchange linked on the page

>Suicide
That's where the 1up tokens come in. 1uptoken.attention.horse/
/rimshot

but more seriously yeah. Bitcoin was the first and has ridden the benefits of network effects, but derivative projects have showed up and everyone loves to ride their price rollercoasters trying to make it big. It's pretty much just gambling but maybe not the regular tilted-in-the-house's-favor sort. It probably shouldn't be the core of anyone's investments, but it is anti-correlated with regular markets so there's a good argument that it doesn't hurt to branch into it a little.

This here is a copy and paste of my "voice of reason" thread I've posted a few times. I'd modify it for your situation though since you have a 2 year old daughter:
>Ignore the last section regarding 10% of your wealth in cryptocurrencies and 5% as "fun money" but follow everything else

That being said, if you do feel financially stable I would legitimately invest 5% into bitcoins (BTC) but not if you don't understand it.

Please ignore the idiots constantly telling you to buy random cryptocoins, they are LITERALLY paid shills taking part in "pump and dump" groups.

Check out Bitbean, good sir. It's a great coin which will earn you passive income. Perfect for securing your daughter a bright future. It's really cheap right now, buy up.