What does Veeky Forums think of this? It doesn't seem at all realistic to me

What does Veeky Forums think of this? It doesn't seem at all realistic to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/szDr3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can someone post the Veeky Forums meme edits of the frontpage of this book? Those were hillarious

>Nazi Germany winning WW2 in Europe, let alone conquering Europe
>Japs doing anything right 1942-onward
>America bowing to Hitlerito

Absolute piece of shit, read Turtledove instead like the rest of us.

*meant to say "conquering America"

I was going to write a realistic short story where the Business Plot works, Edward VIII doesn't abdicate, and his brother makes it to Sweden.

I was dissatisfied at how much I rushed the end of chapter 2 and was desu burned out.

What do I do with it?

Post it

"No."

>I was going to write a realistic short story where the Business Plot works
So what happens after 1936 when the "terribly ill" FDR is forced out of office? Why would it even begin to affect WW2?

Want proofs? This is all I'm posting (enough to hopefully prove I didn't just type something up quickly, I'm not that autistic).

How do you think it goes?

Also I never got to the part where I talk about that, it's really not all that important in the scheme of the story. It's more about what's happening in the present.

>Why would it even begin to affect WW2?
How do you think? America never fights in the Pacific.

A disgusting example of Anti-Nazi circlejerking taken too far, like Wolfenstein.

Only one i got.

Its not really supposed to be realistic-- Dick clearly didn't give too much of a shit about the world he was writing. It's more a vehicle to expand his general obsessions with Eastern mysticism and fake/real dichotomies-- same sort of thing as his short story "Faith of our Fathers".

Gotcha sempai

Wow, I've got more of these than I thought, I might just upload them all to imgur

>How do you think it goes?
Well, I think you wrote something extremely ridiculous about how America became isolated forever and totally in the thrall of DA BIG BUSINESS

I think a realistic outcome would be a new election and some democrat likely taking office, but I'm not sure who would have been a democratic front runner at the time.

>How do you think? America never fights in the Pacific.
See, this is why I think things aren't very well thought out. Hell, American friendship with China pre-dates FDR's presidency and and the notion that there was rivalry and likely war with Japan is hugely trending, because you're making a bizarre, inane assumption about how American domestic and foreign policy operates. Actually connecting American 1941 neutrality to a half-assed coup 8 years prior is really, really reaching.

m.imgur.com/a/szDr3

>It doesn't seem at all realistic to me.
What gave it away? The part of the book where they say that the Nazi's drained the Mediterranean sea?

Not bad

These are better than the actual book Tbh

>America became isolated forever
I never said that. America has a connection to Europe (being immigrants) so they would help in Europe, not isolating themselves at all. MAYBE they would go after nations like Australia and Latin American countries who don't become fascist but that's just radical speculation.

I don't a fascist America circa WW2 would attack Japan since they are allied with Germany.

I've also been looking at this through the lens of, okay, so these international schemers want to change the world, so why would they make more problems? Wouldn't they just do what they want? It's not realistic to a very particular degree but this was assuming Protestantism rises 150 earlier than it did (this however freaks people out faith-wise so I did not go in-depth with that).

You're right about the China thing but again, assumptions. I don't think Japan would find messing with a fascist America would benefit them whatsoever unless they're fucking retards. Like I said before, why fight a friend of a friend?

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, I'm sorry.

>unless they're fucking retards

But they were.

Yeah. I should've said that they really were because of Pearl Harbor (and they didn't even blow up the fuel tanks).

>I don't a fascist America circa WW2 would attack Japan since they are allied with Germany.
Why are you assuming America becomes Fascist? How the hell is this coup supposed to work after it's main cover story, namely FDR's supposed incapacity, comes to an end? Before they just need to march on Washington, overcome whatever local resistance there is before the alarm gets out, put the president into protective custody, and do a shogunate style government of claiming to speak for the presidency and hope that Congress doesn't do something about it.

That's hard enough, but then once 1936 rolls around, they literally have no leg to stand on other than naked force, and the odds that they can prevail in open civil war are pretty much zero. Even with what they do control, it's not like they can pass an amendment to the United States constitution, or force the democrat party to run FDR again so they can sockpuppet him some more.

>but this was assuming Protestantism rises 150 earlier than it did
I'm not even sure how this is supposed to be relevant.

>I don't think Japan would find messing with a fascist America would benefit them whatsoever unless they're fucking retards
Well, you know, other than the two countries having very diverging interests.

> Like I said before, why fight a friend of a friend?
Nazi Germany wasn't exactly Japan's friend. It was more that they had certain interests (and enemies) in common. Such a pact is not likely to extend to America, especially as they start rampaging around Asia.

>(and they didn't even blow up the fuel tanks).
Which would help them seize the Phillipines and the NEI how exactly? Hell, the fuel there amounted to about 1.3 DAYS of American oil production, so it's not likely to cause significant damage even if ti's completely destroyed, whcih is unlikely in the extreme.

You clearly know more about history than I do. And I've moved on to other things (this little project I did was so long ago I don't even remember when I started or when I ended).

And I have other things to do anyway and I'd like to sit here and chat but I'm burned out already. Nice talk though.

(not trying to say "ok whatever goy" or something stupid)

Maybe you should make a story, you clearly can write a bunch of stuff really fast.

>>but this was assuming Protestantism rises 150 earlier than it did
>I'm not even sure how this is supposed to be relevant.
That's why it didn't really matter to bring up. It matters to me and maybe some other people, but not to everyone and it's still hard to explain with just words. I don't know.

It's a fun read and decent tv show but also very unrealistic and cartoony, also I hate the idea that the Mediterranean would have been drained if the axis won and this book has it.

Fatherland is more realistic. This is more a fantastical work. Still a entertaining read.

This is my favorite

Writing style is decent. I liked the part with the clicking shoes. Would read

Hitler had access to footage of the future(s). He basically cheated.

It's good but you're laying on the "brainwashed Germans" thing a bit thick

>Nazis walking over shitkickers and WASPs in the South, Midwest, PNW and Northeast
>Not being afraid of even leaving the coast in fears of having their patrols ambushed, scalped and lynched for everyone to see

That would've made an incredibly interesting show actually, instead of having the Germans completely wreck the US you'd have them watch as the US turns into a Vietnam tier shitshow.

>PNW insurgents infesting the woods
>Mountain men in Appalachia who always seem to be one step ahead
>KKK and Dixie Rebels commanding the swamps and wetlands
>Northeastern WASPs turning Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire into a frozen hell hole for anyone who comes around
>White, Latino, and Native Americans come together in the Southwest to start an insurgency that would make Ho Chi Minh proud

If I could write a book I'd do it

These edits are so juneville but I love it

juvenille*

Germans are cucks.

Sorry took so long to reply.

I was down the line going to reveal that the people are being kept against their will to cheer, and if they weren't enthusiastic, they wouldn't be fed/would get physically abused/etc. I even said in the same chapter (not seen in the capture) that they were being led through queues when Hitler was done talking and there were red lights flashing above the doors that signaled it was time to leave.

They weren't actually brainwashed, it was an, admittedly heavy handed, metaphor. This doesn't really excuse me, just wanted to point out that I know not everyone is a mindless monkey man.

It's not realistic at all, but it's an interesting concept as I love alt-history

neato

This one got the biggest laugh out of me, mainly because it reminds me of the Whizzard

Sweetie only human beings can be cucks. G*rms are filth.

Philip K Dick, the author, was of German ancestry and thus to get published in the Jewish-dominated post-WWII US literary world he was forced to grovel extra-hard in front of his Hebraic masters. To write an anti-nazi book or books was mandatory for any German-American author in the 1950s and 1960s. See also fellow Kraut Kurt Vonnegut's walk through the gauntlet with "Mother Night."

I KEK

>It doesn't seem at all realistic to me.
It's not supposed to be, it's quality Veeky Forums, unlike that Turtledove pulpy shit some of you peddle around here.

This one is sublime

Yeah same here most alternate history story like this are way to idealistic than practical. They mostly assume that if so and so got past that one hurdle they tripped up on that everything else would go smoothly. And considering that the war wasn't the only big problem the nazis that seems about right.

It makes me think of the world's worst choose-your-own-adventure novel

fucking perfect