Why does Hinduism look so good on paper...

Why does Hinduism look so good on paper, but in practice it looks like gypsies worshipping Barbie dolls dressed up like little shamans?

Idolatry is like time, the longer the duration, the more autistic and chaotic the picture gets.

>... Hinduism look so good on paper...

HOW IS DEMONIC WORSHIP SEEMINGLY "GOOD", ACCORDING TO YOU?

>assuming what you need to prove

?

You're assuming it's "demonic" instead of demonstrating it.

IF YOU HAD EVEN A CURSORY KNOWLEDGE OF HINDUISM, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT IT IS DEMONIC IDOLATRY.

YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION.

The Gita is a good text.

>IF YOU HAD EVEN A CURSORY KNOWLEDGE OF HINDUISM, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT IT IS DEMONIC IDOLATRY.
Wrong.
>YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION.
I'm not the OP, but my answer would be that it has passed down a variety of techniques, metaphysical knowledge, cosmological schemes, etc that are useful and can serve a variety of aims and purposes in life (and beyond it). Is that vague? Yeah, it's a general answer because Hinduism itself is an extremely broad category that includes a lot of things. There is no simple answer. OP is right though, in actual practice it looks like "gypsies worshipping Barbie dolls dressed up like little shamans".

REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT IS A "GOOD TEXT", OR NOT, DO YOU HAVE A "POINT"?

You are the one claiming it's demon worship, burden of proof falls on you.

Kill yourself, schizophrenic christfag.

he's actually some kind of keyboard-gnostic

KALI AND ALL THE WHORE DEITIES OF HINDUISM ARE DEMONIC DEVILS WHO ARE EVIL IN NATURE.

Who is not a demonic entity then?
the Monad?

>KALI AND ALL THE WHORE DEITIES OF HINDUISM ARE DEMONIC DEVILS WHO ARE EVIL IN NATURE.
You can't understand Hinduism by applying gnostic assumptions to it. That kind of dualistic "dah ebil guys vs dah gud guys" thinking does not apply to Hindu cosmology. Kali is evil, good, and neutral depending upon what aspect you view her, or in what capacity you approach her.

Explain, you know not everybody is familiar with your familiar brand of autism

show us your point of view, why is it that you think like that.

he's a pseudo-gnostic of some kind, so think of all the worst most autistic gnostic tropes, he basically believes that

Hindu gods look nice.

Because "Hinduism" isn't a unified religion any more than "Abrahamic Monotheism" is. It's just a collection of various cultic practices native to what we now call India, and there are colossally different subsections all across the subcontinent.

On the plus side, you can find a lot of cool stuff, since it's so varied. On the minus side, almost every instance of cool stuff, once you start looking into it more deeply, is saddled with all kinds of ridiculous nonsense, and is often incoherent to boot.

Why does Catholicism look so good on paper, but in practice it looks like little boys fellating older men in black robes?

You guys fell for the b8 I was lapping as that guy.

oh shit, lol, the first couple posts were really him though

And muhammad was a dirty pedo.

I don't even know who "that guy" is.

You must be kidding, right? Muhammad (peace be upon him) was a Prophet of God.

Not that faggot, but wouldn't the denial of good and evil be an evil thing by itself (from a dualistic point of view) or at the very leasy a powerful tool in the hands of the evil entity? As in "maybe I the Ahriman/Satan can't convince most people that I'm the good guy, but maybe I can convince them to forget about good and evil".

>gypsies worshipping Barbie dolls
because that's what idolatry is

Sure, but can't you entertain an idea without accepting it?

iit's not

Devotional service unto God, also called bhakti-yoga, is the easiest method of attaining liberation.

t. vaishnava

Sure, but you still used dualistic terms for Kali. Wouldn't it be more useful to just ditch the words good and evil in favour of more correct adjectives? Specially when you're trying to introduce something "alien" or new and therefore do not want the rookie yo misunderstand you.

gaudiya vaishnava?

yes

why are there so many ISKCONs on Veeky Forums?
here and /x/ especially

There are plenty of adjectives I could use, but I would say if you are genuinely interested familiarize yourself with the literature and you will begin to see what attributes these deities are characterized by, and the different ways of conceiving them.

No, he was a faggot who tricked and slew his way to power and then said that he was told by god to do it. force every other cunt also did this no one made a book of it and force others to believe it.

Gaudiya vaishnavism doesn't necessarily entail ISKCON. Not that ISKCON doesn't preach Gaudiya Vaishnavism, but ISKCON is more or less a group of mathas and doesn't encompass all of the sect, most of which is in India proper. /x/ and Veeky Forums are the only decent boards to discuss religion I guess and Vaishnavas make up the biggest chunk of Hindus. Gauyida Vaishnavas specifically are just keen to spread their message than other sects, like western christians do. Part of the philosophy is that most people are in ignorance in Kali Yuga and should be brought up by knowledge.

Why is a specific mantra picked?
It is not mentioned in the Gita, so what is so special about it?
what does it do to you?

Are there any good books on hinduism that goes into the history of hindu texts, their importance for hindu beliefs, the development of hindu beliefs and central hindu beliefs?

The Hare Krishna mahamantra is a transcendental vibration that gradually purifies ones consciousness by raising it to a spiritual platform where one can experience transcendental bliss, the highest pleasure, and God-realization. Maha means greatest, and a mantra is a sacred chant meant to deliver the mind from anxieties. The Hare Krishna mantra is considered the greatest mantra because it contains the various names of God. Because God is absolute, he is not different from his name and by chanting his name you gradually develop love for God, which purifies oneself and ultimately causes the soul to return to God.

The mantra has many scriptural references, but is not referenced specifically in the Gita because that was not the Yuga-dharma, or method of attaining liberation at the time. The Gita was spoken to Arjuna in the Dvapara-Yuga, where worship of deities was the dharma. In Kali-Yuga, our current age, sankirtana, the chanting of the names of God, is recommended. One doesn't specifically have to use the mahamantra, any name of God works since God has infinite names. Therefore you also see Muslims chanting the various names of Allah in order to reconnect with God.

I can't see the appeal of hinduism if you're not an Indian, it's basically Indian paganism, seems dirty to me but only my personal opinion

>Sure, but can't you entertain an idea without accepting it?

REEEEEE NORMIES RAUS!

>I can't see the appeal of christianity if you're not a Jew, it's basically Jew paganism, seems dirty to me but only my personal opinion

This one is correct too

"Paganism" here most likely refers to that form of natural un-organized and usually polytheistic religion that pops up in evry human culture. Judaism and Christianity have relatively organized and consistent beliefs and Canons. But who do you consider authoritative in Hinduism? They can't even agree on what gods are what.

(((GOD)))is a Christian construct.
The Bharatiya pantheon has their own characteristics.
The most powerful (((deity ))) is the shaktism as it is generally believed

>gypsies worshipping Barbie dolls dressed up like little shamans.
Well sir we don't worship a malnourished dead kike on a stick that's morbid as Fuck.

>Judaism and Christianity have relatively organized and consistent beliefs and Canons.

No more so than any of their contemporary "pagan" West Asian religions they don't. Christianity inherited its hierarchy from the Roman Imperial Cult, and Judaism was a temple religion exactly like those of Egypt and Mesopotamia, only less so since it had only one temple and only one priesthood.

>But who do you consider authoritative in Christianity? They can't even agree on the nature of Jesus.

Tthe Beatles made it popular because it's full of sex adn getting drunk and high and not bathing or shaving and shit, it's the ideal hippie religion

but yeah, it's basically LARPing as an indian

that's judaism

christianity is specifically a universal religion for all nations and languages

Jesus said he was only here for the Jews, I'll take his word over yours, thanks.

That would be Catholics with their crucifixes though they probably pay less attention to those than their porcelain and wood statues.

>Jesus said he was only here for the Jews

?
No, he didn't, retard.

Jesus said to preach to all the nations and all the languages

Yes please do take his word for it

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Idiot.

Because only the Rig Veda aka the Aryan part of Hinduism is good

The rest is just Dravidian garbage disguised as Aryan religion

>Hinduism isn't a religion.
You know it's a sad day in Veeky Forums when our shouting tripfag isn't the dumbest poster in the thread.

cause it's paganism that managed to survive to modern day, and you're likely not into the Indian aesthetic

he's totally right though if you didn't omit a key part of the quote

Hinduism isn't a UNIFIED religion