Pig history, Pig culture

Ok, so I've been recently wondering about swines and pork in general. Besides being an kickass (and tasty) animal by itself it's (lack of) production and consumption usually gives helpful information about different societies and some of their beliefs.
What am I proposing here is the following: let's share with ourselves personal stories, experiences, books, movies, whatever, about swine and pork.
>muh muslims and jews
Well, tell us how it is for you, noporker!
I'll start: not long ago refrigerators weren't a thing in the small cities of my country. One of the reasons pigs were raised was for their fat for conservation purposes. Pork - and even beef - would be fried and dipped in metal jugs filled to the top with fat. This would last for months (and is delicious by the way).
On the reading part, I've been looking for Pigs for the Ancestors, by Rappaport. Have you read it? Would suggest other stuff/ useful links?
OK, enough. Pigtime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gHw1596lfNU
researchgate.net/publication/306345788_Like_a_pig_out_of_water_seaborne_spread_of_domestic_pigs_in_Southern_Italy_and_Sardinia_during_the_Bronze_and_Iron_Ages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_and_drink_prohibitions#Fish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_pork_taboo
youtube.com/watch?v=wEhSyvkkdZA
youtube.com/watch?v=7cUX-prmAx8
youtube.com/watch?v=ssqFwebypAs
youtube.com/watch?v=UdY1QqbbqSE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We've learned that pigs are much friendlier and form little family units when given plenty of room to run around.

Americans are pretty alright until you get them started on foreign policy.

>friendlier
Pigs are disguisting omnivores, they even eat humans when they get the chance.

Pigs are efficient in turning any kind of waste into meat
They have lots of young, moreso than chickens
They are excellent at wooden enviroments, because rooting through woody soil is their thing
More resilient than cattle
More prone to parasites that also infect humans
Like mud

It's only desert-dwellers that dislike pigs, and that's because the nastiest parasites live in those climates, while mud is scarce and forests the same

Geography being the mover of destiny yet again

>nastiest parasites live in the deserts
Really? What parasites inhabit, say, saudi arabia?

arabs

I knew that was coming kek

have a bump with this one

Why do Pigs have big balls and why do they turn me on???

Because you like big balls?

Pigs can also have 30 minute long orgasms

Bet at least one of those pigs has bite marks on it and they go apeshit at eachother whenever food is introduced

That usually happens due to stress induced by cramped living conditions. For example, sows are far less likely to savage their own young in free range conditions where they have the space and means to build furrows of their own.

The cutting of the pig or "ignat" is a pre-christian Romanian tradition where the whole family takes part in killing and butchering the pig.
Spiced mulled wine or warm tuica(schnnaps) is served during the process.
After the end a "pig's wake" is had where fresh pork is cooked in an iron pot (ceaun) with wine and spices then served to the family and helpers alongside polenta and salted cheese.
youtube.com/watch?v=gHw1596lfNU

Sausages are tasty as fuck.

Pigs are exceptionally intelligent,more so even than dogs. They do provide an economic benefit in their use hunting truffles, but their main ability is to turn inedible crap like leftovers and acorns into delicious pork.

Jews don't eat them because the Canaanites were famous pig breeders, and the new Israelite religious movement wanted to define itself in opposition to the gentiles. It was further cemented in Jewish law during the Babylonian Captivity, when fierce adherence to dietary laws served the purpose of preventing the Jews from being able to share meals with other peoples, thus greatly increasing the Israelites resistance to becoming assimilated into the cosmopolitan culture of their conquerors, as so many other peoples were.

Muslims ban pork because Mohemmed started his grift by pretending to be a prophet of Judaism, and by the time he turned on the Jews after he failed all their tests of prophethood and were shunned by them, the Mosaic dietary laws were already baked into the new religion he had shat out.

>It's only desert-dwellers that dislike pigs, and that's because the nastiest parasites live in those climates, while mud is scarce and forests the same

This is a myth, pigs were domesticated in the middle east and their meat is no more prone to parasites and disease than that of other mammals, less so even given how easily pork can be preserved. Modern desert dwellers shun pork for purely religious reasons.

And how did the religious reasons come about?

It's tipical of Spain and I bet any civ than doesn' hate piggies, La matanza del cerdo is a good reason for city dweller to return to they ancient town and make merry while slaughtering a pig and make delicious stuff like blood sasuages or chorizos.

I heard its because pigs in the desert have to be fed using the same food that humans ate, and so keeping pigs was the same thing as enriching yourself with fancy pig meat while your fellow man died of hunger that you could have helped feed.

Translated to internet-speak, "those rich guys with pigs are being such jews".

Do all domesticated pigs descend from a single pair of pigs?

It seems they were domesticated a few times over, or the domesticated breeded with feral ones to such a way than isn't easy to pin it down if it was the case.

I read that the medical health craze of the 20th century ruined the genetics of american breeds so that all you're left with is ultra lean tasteless pig breeds.
Interesting topic honestly.

It ruined the majority of races, thanks good in my country we revere those fuckers or good pork would be incredible hard to find.

interesting story, didn't know mohammed was jewish

There's been recently a study which proves pigs were traded between Sicily, South Italy and Sardinia as far back as 1600 bc

researchgate.net/publication/306345788_Like_a_pig_out_of_water_seaborne_spread_of_domestic_pigs_in_Southern_Italy_and_Sardinia_during_the_Bronze_and_Iron_Ages

My only question is how the fuck did they do it, wouldn't the pigs bite them?

What's with Sicily/Sardinia and retard posters.

How? it would take years to get to Sardinia at the time because of the shitty boats.

Years? It wasn't possible back then.

You need non coastal navigation which was discovered by Portoguese to do that

Pigs only eat flesh when starved.

They subsided on the pigs during the voyage, retard.

Wrong, I've kept pigs and if you throw them a bone with some flesh on it and some regular feed, they will prefer to chew the bone.

I don't think Sardinia existed in the 17th century.

This. If you stick your finger through the fence to scratch them they will bite it if their head is anywhere near it. I've even seen them cannibalize their freshly born young.

I have worked with pigs all my life, they are cunts, they're fucking stupid too and never learn what an electric fence does

Probably also the possibility of parasites such as Trichinosis before international health agencies where around to eradicate and treat such outbreaks.
Afro-Asiatic people all seem to also share some kind of fish taboo which probably comes from their roots as a pastorialist people who would prefer meat.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_and_drink_prohibitions#Fish

You heard from an idiot, then. Pigs were literally domesticated in the middle east, you think this happened with nothing to feed them on? The prohibition on pig meat was intended to keep the Israelites from mixing with the local Canaanites, who were proverbially famous pig breeders.

>HURR

Reading is hard, huh? Fucking simpleton.

Got any oats, Brother?

NO OATS

AM I NOT A BROTHER AND A PIG?

The only interesting pig history I can think of is the Scottish Pork Taboo. Scotland had a Semite-style taboo on pork up until 1800.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_pork_taboo

NO OATS
youtube.com/watch?v=wEhSyvkkdZA

that's a big pig

For ewes

Are there mentions of sexual encounters between pigs and human? And then how do you explain Slavs?

King James Bible

Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

Is it true that pigs are descendants of prehistoric carnivores?

May i have some?

It's more factory farming led most farmers to only breed a few kinds that are good for their business demands. I really need to find local farmers and specialty guys or start doing it myself.

Spanish pigs caused immense local damage on the islands of the Caribbean and wherever they were introduced on the native populations. They were big hulking brutes that would trample fields and charge at the Indians that would try and disperse them. Communities would starve due to the breadth of damage those piggies could cause.

Pigs were also good for their Hardy nature. You could let then feast in the forest until winter and then have hunts to catch them and then carve up the ones that wouldn't survive and pot the meat to preserve it.

Why wouldn't they be? Pigs are carnivores/omnivores. They regularly eat children and sometimes full grown people who fall into their pens.

They don't eat people generally.

>generally
It's only because they "generally" don't get the chance.

Nilo-Saharans brought a small black light into the Congolese rainforests from the Nile River.

>humans will never domesticate giant boars and ride them into battle

Porkers are friends not food

>This kills the Magna Graecian

I enjoy eating pig.

What's going on here?

ok camera tricks aside how big do you think that hog is?

Hey, hey YOU!

Ask me about the transmission of Nile Valley Pigs to Central Africa please

Lies and slanders, do you think this cutie could bully big, burly Indians?

Finish the story you lazy asshole.

> An animal that gives heavy ecological pressure in places with not much water and arable land
> Gets forbidden in desert cultures because it puts too big of a strain on agriculture
> muslims think this is because the sky angel told them so through a scizophrenic pedofile

Are there pigs in central africa? how and why would pastoral nomads bring them there if there is little to no land for pasture on the trail

OATS
BROTHER

>Pigs can also have 30 minute long orgasms
Is it possible to have a transplantation of pig genitals?
f-from a historical point of view of course

forced perspective, is anyone gonna believe him when he shows this picture back home?

>Are there pigs in central africa?

Yes
>how and why would pastoral nomads bring them there if there is little to no land for pasture on the trail

It happened before the end of dessication occurred and the swineherds were pushed out more and more by Muslim cowherds and Farmers.

I bet she(?) is soft. Are they hostile?

All meat is awful in America. I can't even eat it when I go south, even at 'good' restaurants. I'm not paying a fortune to get a meal at an 'amazing' place, just to get decent meat.
Even cheap pork is good here when cooked properly. Then there's beef. Prime rib here is so fatty and rich, that a well-done steak is still incredibly moist and tender, moreso than pork.
Wild elk is still the best, though, but so easy to ruin.

that's rich coming from a schizo pedo neet

Judaism wasn't uncommon in pre-islamic western Arabia.

Wonder who's behind this thread...

>the eternal gaul
t. Caesar

It's more likely from the association of eating fish with the coastal peoples, who were also the ones continually invading the pastoralists and farmers of the interior for slaves.

Humans and pigs aren't "compatible", the pig penis is very long and curly. But I'm sure some humans have raped pigs from time to time, just like they do other domesticated animals. Just they'd have to stick to ass-fucking it, and giving but not receiving.

Could someone please explain this OATS-meme to me? I've never understood it.

They're ungulates related to bison, elk, camels, and whales. Some ungulates are carnivorous or omnivorous but they started out as grazing herbivores.

youtube.com/watch?v=7cUX-prmAx8

youtube.com/watch?v=ssqFwebypAs

youtube.com/watch?v=UdY1QqbbqSE

The Carolingian era Franks loved eating pork.

>animal is unsuited to the environment in which it was first domesticated

Obviously some Bedouin camel herder isn't going to be breeding pigs, but Arabia is not a monoclimate and there are plenty of parts with very reliable year-round water and plenty of inedible stuff for pigs to eat.

The reason muslims don't eat pigs is because Mohemmed copied over the Jewish prohibition, and the reason the Jews don't is because their neighbors the non-Israelite Canaanites bred pigs, and by banning pig for Israelites the priests ensured the small Israelite population did not mix with the larger gentile population and become assimilated.

Pigs do extremely well in jungles.

There are some oats. A brother wants said oats. BUT THERE ARE NO OATS.

>French have always been cannibals

Figures.

>
Everyone but Ayyyrabs and jews loved pork, the chinks consider them a signg of wealth, papuans tend to pay blood money with pigs, Iberians loved porc so much you can find statues from them in some of the anicent cities and fall short of worshiping the iberian pig.
Pork is love, pork is live.

Oh you.avi

The Pig was a taboo in desert cultures (e.g. Egypt)long before the jews

Were boars Gallic deity, or a symbol of poer/military might?

If they had a boar deity, what was its name?

Aristocratic Egyptians did not eat pig, for unknown reasons that are as likely cultural as they are taboo (there's no evidence that the Set Animal is a pig, it's just a monster of some kind) but pigs were raised and eaten by the Egyptians in great numbers right down to the Muslim takeover.

They were symbolic. Celtic clans often had what you might call a totem animal, apparently the wild boar was a popular choice. But Celtic deities were humaniform for the most part, they didn't go in for animal gods or the kinds of hybrids the Egyptians loved. There was Kernunos, the god of the Hunt, who wears antlers, but this could be representing a shamanic crown of some kind rather than being meant as literal horns.

Really?

What about water, you mean water more than food

Now could you list all other variables involved and why were you scratching pigs

>
I've worked with pigs in the lab, they're extremely intelligent and gentle creatures and it broke my heart every time we vivisected one. If a pig tried to bite you, I'm guessing you're the kind of asshole who deserves to be bitten by a pig.

Anyone got a source on this "Canaanites loved pigs so Jews were autistic contrarians" thing?