We often hear of people getting arrested for saying less than 6 million Jews died. But what if you say the opposite...

We often hear of people getting arrested for saying less than 6 million Jews died. But what if you say the opposite. What if you think 30 million Jews died during the Holocaust. Can you still get arrested?

XDD! ebin meme!

You don't. Laws banning holocaust denial are massively over hyped by stormtards. You can deny it all you want in most places, it's just that denial often goes hand in hand with saying that it should happen now.

How come nobody gets arrested or censured for saying something like "George Washington never existed" even though everyone knows he did. Yet you can't question any small detail about the Holocaust. Hmm.

Of course not. It happens because governments and political organizations don't want the Holocaust to be minimized in any way. Even legitimate criticism of some aspect of it (the low hanging fruit in this case would be the lampshade nonsense) is perceived as having an insidious, ulterior motive. It's sad that people are so sensitive but it is what it is. The average person learning that the concept of crimes against humanity was practically made up on the spot with a specific target in mind would cause cognitive dissonance. The whole narrative fits together more nicely when an atrocity is not only immoral but also illegal. That's not something that's exclusive to the Holocaust though. That's literally all popular history. Look at Nelson Mandela and the glossing over of his terrorist past. Or Ghandi being biased against Africans in his early life. Or Martin Luther King's infidelity (though out of the. three this is simply probably true and not absolutely certain afaik). Whether it matters or not people like to ignore inconvenient truths and make things into one big story. That a heroic figure might be a human with actual flaws doesn't even cross people's minds

But you can. You just can them scream "gas the Jews race war now!!!!!!" while doing so.

*can't then

But you're more than welcome to say "death to all white people".

You can say whatever you want in the glorious principality of burgerland.

Yes, of course you can...

this is wrong, not everyone lives in amerishartistan

if you live somewhere holocaust denial is forbidden then if you start to downplay, make fun of it, openly and often enough, youll sooner or later have beef with authoritizes, which usually result in a lawsuit, which you have to pay for and X amount of days of public working or jail

Why is it that in countries where holocaust denial isn't illegal....There has still not been a convincing argument that the holocaust was fake?

Why does Europe hate Freedom of Speech?

>15 cases of extreme retardation
>Most of them slaps on the wrist
>wtf I hate Europe now
Maybe because they try and prove in court they aren't retarded, get btfo, and cry about it instead of just paying a fine?

Getting six years in prison for incorrect thought and deportation doesn't seem like a ''slap on the wrist'' to me

Considering he didn't live there in the first place and the prison sentence was commuted, no not really

I thought deporting foreigners who don't obey the rules was a good thing?

>I thought deporting foreigners who don't obey the rules was a good thing?
No. Only when it's illegal immigrants, Muslims, or Negros.

Irving is an Anglo though, which is even worse

Because freedom of speech leads to Hitler. You don't want to be Hitler, do you?

>we often hear
Give me 5 examples of this