Do you fully...

Do you fully, surely and undoubtedly believe that you are the same person or consciousness that went to sleep last night? Or the same person that woke up 3 days ago? Or the same child that your parents loved/hated? Or even the same person that woke up this morning?

I know it's no mindblowing question, or a new one, but i'm legitimately curious on what most of you feel.

I don't know much about the relevent science at all, but whenever these sorts of questions come up people go
>BUT UR LE BRAIN STOPS WURKIN AT NOIT

Retards forget about dreams

Also fuck off STEMmie

I'm no STEMmie, I just think it's an interesting question, since factual science to the best of my knowledge has no reason to believe that we are, and sometimes it drives me a bit nuts.

Also, I believe we don't dream all the time, there are parts of our sleep when our brain does essentially shut off...Or so I've been told, and that's what I'll parrot, because it was the response given to me when I brought up dreams in a similar talk before.

It's what we tell ourselves, but it's very obviously not the case.
>pic very much fucking related

It depends on who you ask. Descartes would say yes, but an empirist would totally deny that

"Personhood" in the sense this question implies is not a scientifc category. Science can't deal with such a question.

Where do you fall?

That hasn't stopped them from trying.

Does it matter?

Philosophy is a joke.

you're not even the same person you were 5 minutes ago senpai

You constantly reinvent yourself with every moment that passes since "you" is just the sum of your experiences coupled with your inherited stimuli response mechanisms.

Your sense of self is an illusion, like gluing a tiny light to the end of a string in a dark room.

When you twirl the string in a circle it looks like a solid ring of light. But its only an illusion.

Well, the same can be said about every single thing in the universe.

It's just a bunch of dots connected into shapes.

No, the cells in my body live and die, and the synapses in my brain continue to adapt to my surroundings and any qualia that occurs.
This

Yes, if I was another person I wouldn't be so fucking dumb all the time

You are not even a person. You are brain on a jar you actually died a 70 years ago and a group of scientist from Sweden made a experiment to recreated life connecting the brians to a simulated reality, I am getting fired soon so may as well tell you that

>Swedish scientists
>making me a white guy

Nice try friendo

Yes, I do.

>since factual science to the best of my knowledge has no reason to believe that we are
How do you figure, exactly?

The very atoms that make you are being replaced constantly. Believing you remain a constant as the northern star is very much an article of faith.
See

You were a white guy, our team of mixed transgender womans were so fuckin lazy that instead making you a hero in your own virtual reallity they used things that your brain is familiar with. Also because human right team said it would be bad to make you "suffer " in your own virtual Hell so they demanded that the simulation should be like real life, that way you don't suffer much

ur momma gay lol

Basically this Whatever "consciousness" is, if anything at all, so far is basically "lol magic"