What historical battles do you think need a movie Veeky Forums...

What historical battles do you think need a movie Veeky Forums? I think it's the perfect timing to bring this one to the big screen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wcekvQeHS6o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why are there mother and childs in the middle of a battle?

Cinematic Universe based on the Isonzo battles

I'd like to see more WW2 French battles after seeing Dunkirk

>Battle of saint louis bridge
>9 frogs holding off 5000 it*lians for around 10 days

>that one tank in the battle of stonne
>one french heavy tank destroys 13 german panzers and a few anti tank guns in a row

>bir hakeim
>free french hold rommel's afrika korps and italian divisions for days in the libyan desert, being virtually cut off from the british after their flank defended by indians collapsed hard

Because muslims use them as meatshields.

Poitiers was overrated, Charles Martel just defeated a skirmish force doing some raids

they are not going to change how people see the frog army during WW2

It's symbolic

30.000 vs 30.000
>skirmish force

Battle of Lepanto and Battle of Manzikert

The sinking of the HMS Glorious or the Battle of the Denmark Strait

Battle of the Sesia (1524) in Italy
> Pierre Terrail, Lord of Bayard, killed by a bullet in the spine
The last Knight killed by a peasant with a rifle

Symbolic of what?

Also I'd like to see some accurate depiction of ancient battles, like the battle of the Catalaunian Plains or of the Teutoburg Forest, I don't care as long as there's some real effort on accuracy, and not a romanticized version.

Paschendale

The irony

Why not ? This meme is getting old

the only meme is that the french army deserves anything better for their display during WW2

Here we go again...

>30.000
>a lot
The Arabs could concentrate bigger numbers at other times like in Constantinople

you realize that if it had been the american or english army it would have likely been even worse, right? No one was prepared for blitzkrieg.

>you realize that if it had been the american or english army it would have likely been even worse, right?

the americans perhaps, their army at the time was small poorly trained and ill equipped, one of the great achievements of the american military is that it was able to build up so rapidly, but in may of 1940 they would have had a chance.

the english army is another matter, it was smaller than the french but its units did better than the french in the actual fighting, and those that were left behind may have been defeated but they fought well against hopeless odds.

the french suffered a moral collapse, while individuals and some units fought well the french army as a whole failed to stand and like the italians in the desert seemed to collapse when they suffered setbacks

Literally people using WW1 methodology would have done better than France did in the late spring of 1940. Gamelin's bizarre belief that the Luftwaffe outnumbered his own air forces by a colossal extent and that meant he would be unable to actually employ his reserves meant that he made this truly idiot-tier stiff forward line that could only really work if his force concentration just happened to be where the Germans made their push.

It wasn't, and they broke through at Sedan, and the strong reserve that formed the basis of most military thinking of the time wasn't there, and the next thing you know, a third of your army is pocketed and being swallowed.

Definitely the Battle of Hastings.

The battle where the last true english monarch died at the hands of William the Conqueror.

Kursk

or, Sherman's March to the Sea as a road-trip movie

There is a Soviet film about Kursk, user.
You can watch it with English subtitles:
youtube.com/watch?v=wcekvQeHS6o

Especially when movies about the few episodes of bravery the French had during WW2 are revisionist garbage giving their deeds to Brits (Dunkirk)

Semi-related question: Are there any movies about the 30-years war?

I liked The Last Valley from 1971.

The Wars of the Roses deserve better than The White Queen and The Hollow Crown.

I want to see commies getting BTFO in Ultra HQ. Seeing their dreams of total domination disintegrate forever over and over.

Seems pretty decent, will heck it out
Thanks user

I think there's this.

This definitely looks familiar.

I want to see the Islamic conquests, man those long but slightly bent swords were peak aesthetics

English Civil War. Roundheads looked cool

Didn't the arabs at that time use straight swords?

>ctr+f "vienna"
>0 results

The biggest battle of Christendom versus Islam, with the largest cavalry charge in history doesn't sound good to you?

Right now it would get ruined by the revisionists linking it to today's crisis, but just imagine how must it have felt to have all the volunteers from all corners of Europe coming to successfully stop the spreading of Ottoman rule and the rivalry religion. It was literally the battle of Minas Tirith from LOTR.

It always reminded me of the Pelennor Fields. "Vienna calls for an aid"
Gibson was once interested in the project but I don't know what happened with that.

Not mentioning the butthurt germans who came to the cities rescue only to leave before the battle because the locals made fun of them being protestants.

yeah but it was in the boring warfare era, between the renaissance and WW1

They didn't rely on firearms all that much.

the invasion of belgium in world war one, the most steampunk battles ever

"Day of the Siege" is about the 1683 Siege of Vienna and is on Netfilx.

Oh this one. Embarassing.
They even called it September Eleven even though the battle took blace the next day.

>how people see the frog army
How anglos*

You're a tiny and dying people anyway

It's Evropa and the Christ child.