Centralized exchanges like bittrex and cryptopia are dying. They're insecure, they're crippled by regulation...

Centralized exchanges like bittrex and cryptopia are dying. They're insecure, they're crippled by regulation, and they're gatekeeping/ playing favorites.

Here's what you need to know:
>In 2018, we will see a shift from centralized exchanges to decentralized exchanges
>Most decentralized exchanges will still want to make profit and keep their operating costs paid for, unlike charity work done by things like etherdelta
>How do they make their money? Special tokens and coins.

What tokens and coins are going to be big players in cryptocurrency in the next year and beyond?
> ZRX: 0x protocol transaction fee token / governance, can be implemented easily in any erc20 exchange (more blockchains on roadmap)
> BLOCK: Blocknet decentralized exchange masternode and staking token, also used for transaction fees
> ARK: Smartbridge technology
>KYBER: Decentralized exchange with on-chain bookkeeping and high liquidity

>a bunch of made-up horseshit

what's made up...?

>HURR DURR BITTREX WHEN TO DUH MOON

If Blocknet becomes the 25th biggest exchange by volume (not unpossible, given its benefits) I will make around $3kUSD a week in fees.

Honestly I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life if that pans out.

bittrex wont exist when decentralized exchanges takeover. fuck bittrex

How? Do you have 5k?
....I only have 50.

0x feels like a pile of horseshit the past week

Funny how no one even mentions polo anymore. How the times have changed

polo is literally just the big boys club. Everyone here is like

>making up bullshit

Bigger picture, it will take off. Ethfinex and radar relay are only two of the projects that have been seen in the public and they've gotten massive attention. As time goes on it will become adopted in even greater numbers. Don't have weak hands. The future is in decentralized exchanges and they already have a working product. It's basically a sure thing.

two chicks at the same time

I've got 1000. Some friends and I had to chip in together to get to 5k.

Price has more than 2.5x from when we bought in though, so we got in just in time. Couldn't afford it now.

Nice. I only recently started giving a shit about what I was holding for longer than 2 weeks at a time, so I missed out on cheap BLOCK because of FUD. I think it's a safe bet though. I think all these coins and tokens are safe bets.
Currently holding:
>BLOCK (50...)
>ZRX (45k)
>ODN (9k)
>ARK (1k)
>ETH (5)

I've just got to sit back and wait now.

>I've just got to sit back and wait now
too bad you won't. you can't help yourself.

You're right; I won't. I'm holding too much ZRX relative to my other holdings. Once it starts going up I'll slowly sell off 20-30% of it and put more into BLOCK and pick up some Kyber, then accumulate more ETH. Other than that, I may go into the chainlink ICO, but that's about it.

yeah, it's my new favorite videogame too.

Good spread, dude.

My folio is similar. I feel like it's hard to pick what blockchain solutions will succeed out there in the real world, but it's a lot easier to predict the fact that, whatever they are, people will be gambling on them on exchanges.

Putting money in exchange/bridging tokens like 0x and Block is like selling shovels and pans during the gold rush.

Maybe you won't hit the jackpot but you'll quietly make bank.

even the creators of 0x acknowledge the pros of centralized exchanges over decentralized ones.

stop shilling with this complete and utter autism

Pretty sure Etherdelta takes a cut

Of course. There's pros and cons of both centralized and decentralized exchanges. Only an idiot would claim otherwise. However, it's my strongly held opinion that decentralization's biggest two pros are an ability to avoid regulation and the fact it can be used trustlessly. These are key components of a hat makes them special and what will make them essential.

It does, but competition will take an even bigger cut because ed is shit

yeah i think having at least 10% or more of your portfolio allocated to these up and coming ideas is a great move. nothing wrong with having some 0x, ark and block. I wont be able to get any kyber though feels bad.
Also i unironically see the demand is there for Obsidian as well. but that's off topic..

What I like about Obsidian is that it's a service I'll use.

I'm not just vaguely speculating on something completely remote from me, like whether the Real Estate industry needs blockchain tech or something.

As a privacy nerd it just makes sense for me to use a decentralised private messaging app, so buying into Obsidian was an easy choice.

>doesn't become millionare overnight
>shitcoin
>coin in the meantime moons 300%

People keep overlooking ZRX and DNT because of the recent whale maniplation but these projects are the future.

They will see soon, user

What's the best way to keep an eye out for whale manipulation? Just look for giant buy and sell orders?

Solid post.

Thank you if you love it please subscribe to my blog and patreon

look at a depth chart

Cryptopia is worse than yobit. I don't get how anybody like it. The admin is an Arab too.
Bittrex is a yobit that got too popular. Now it is trying to improve itself