Why did North Africa adopt Arabic and Persia keep Persian? Are Persians a superior people?

Why did North Africa adopt Arabic and Persia keep Persian? Are Persians a superior people?

Of course

>india
>aryan

poodie poodie mother chod bitch mother yaars are not aryan

Because Persian was a language with uses for trade and relations with China and India, they also had a far more robust culture compared to Iraqis, Syrians and even Egypt who have been the kicking ball of Empires for centuries by the point Islam showed up

yep ;-)

There's also the fact that the Sassanid Empire at its fall was estimated to have a population between 35 to 45+ million people, so there's no way in hell Arabic was going to replace the Persian language.

OP was asking about North Africa vs. Persia.
The reason why Syria and Iraq adopted Arabic was because they were already speaking Aramaic which is closely related, so the jump wasn't as big. It's definitely not true that Syria and Mesopotamia didn't have a "robust culture". That argument could be somewhat more appropriate in north africa but even there large parts of the population were berber speaking until quite recently and sizeable berber speaking minorities still exist in the maghreb.

do iraqi's even have a culture?

like they were invaded so much (and/or were so easy to invade) that I'm not sure they have a real culture.

but I'm a yankee, so what do I know about culture.

>Fersians
>Superior

Except they didn't keep Persian
They switched to Farsi because there's no p in Arabic and they write with Arabic letters

If you mean indigenously and locally, that is, a culture that is not shared by a significant number of people from outside Iraq's borders, there is the Yezidis. There are many other noteworthy cultures but I think that's the only one by those specific criteria.

>adopt

The reason for that was Persian language changing over time. P still exists in Persian.
پ

Farsi has p unlike arabic.

Oh, and Marsh Arabs.

Farsi is Persian, though. Its literally just the main/primary regional dialect while Tajik Persian is called Tajik and Afghan Persian is Dari. There are multiple Arab countries that speak Arabic that have issues understanding each other.

This

And as this suggests, I'm guessing that the semite/berber speaking areas were easier to adapt to the arab language as it is related and, with different degrees, similar to the language already spoken there

North Africans were already speaking a Semitic language, so the shift would have been easier.

>North Africans were already speaking a Semitic language

Nu-Veeky Forums, ladies and gentlemen

It's fascinating how Persia only recovered it's pre-Islam and pre-Mongol population in the mid 20th century

Safavids around the time of their fall only had like 6million IIRC

Why did Persians adopt Aramaic? Were Semitic languages superior to Indo-European languages?

Punic and berber languages are semitic though berber languages are not as closely related

>pre-Mongol population in the mid 20th century
I agree the Mongols and Tamerlane caused huge drops in the population in Central Asia and Iran/Persia proper due to their massacres but I do not believe the hearsay from one Persian writer at the time claiming "90%" of the population was wiped out.

The Achaemenid Persians, Arsacid/Parthians, and Sassanian Persians used Aramic script for their own language. It was quite versatile and probably not intelligble with Imperial Aramic or other variants, made it easier for their secretaries, administrators, and others to keep notes on things like money, finances, economy, logistics, etc...

Berber is not semitic

>india and paki
>aryan

Indians are Aryan

they aren't

the white looking indians that look similar to iranians or afghans are aryan though

>Indians
>Aryan
Nope.

Because of how Arab tribes settled North Africa versus Persia. The Arabs in Tunisia, Egypt, Syria, and Iraq settled new towns where they formed the local majority, and as immigrants came looking for work or as captives they were assimilated into the Arabic majority culture in those towns.

In Persian Iraq and Khorasan the Arabs settled in existing towns and intermarried with Iranian aristocracies, and were for the most part a tiny minority in a sea of Persians, so assimilation went the other way.

Eventually the descendants of both Arab settlers defined the high culture of their respective regions, so the Arabs in Iran were Persianized while everyone else was Arabized. And none of this was really planned, and some even tried to reverse it but ultimately failed.

Afro-Asiatic whatever

None of you idiots have a monopoly on the words definition, Aryan as a word is contextual to the people, if you follow the correct religion and follow oblations and rituals then you are an Aryan, if not you are a adharmic mleccha.

Simple as that, your shitty 20th century description reformed into some borrowed sense of national pride or racial pride is silly nonsense propagated by losers with no culture to draw on.

Go die in a fire you jews.

poo to the loo apu!

You aren't Aryan, Pajeet. Also its ironic you talk about something subjective and try to sound objective while spin-doctoring your own view point to enforce your own absolute "definition". Iranian definition of Aryan entirely revolves around race and ethnicity and not religion, so shut the fuck up you street-shitting sub-human.

>20th century description
Yeah I'm sure Darius I defining the term Aryan in the late 6th century BC stems from European eugenics, retard.

vi vas darius un sheisse
im still mad at 300 for making xerxes brown and leonidas not blonde with blue eyes
never seen an indian that looks like an iranian myself
and i've seen a lot of indian immigrants at uni and when i was in school

>Also its ironic you talk about something subjective and try to sound objective while spin-doctoring your own view point to enforce your own absolute "definition".
Its not my own view point you fuck, its academic consensus, you are just mad that I questioned the fact that you have no authority over the description of that word and you have no come back other than vague nonsense and buzzwords like spin doctoring, and 'subjective and try to sound objective'. Make a greatest arguments mixtape and release it you tired sounding mongoloid.
Nice come back cumskin cuck!

Epic shitposting, Raj.

>Its not my own view point
You aren't fooling anyone, Hindustani. You got called out on your bullshit trying to shift the tangent. Aryan to Iranian and Iranic people is entirely and solely defined on a racial classification and its been used in that nomenclature by Iranian peoples for thousand of years, Indians do not use it in the same way and are inconsistent because at times it can only or solely be based around culture or religious and linguistic terms. You are a stupid piss-ant sub-human troglodyte who has no idea what they are talking about.

>academic consensus
Nope.

>and Persia keep Persian?
Well, Persian disappeared in Iraq which was settled by Arabs. On the other hand, Persian language spread to Transoxiana only after the Arab conquest - before that the general population spoke eastern Iranic languages like Soghdian. And Persian language as a court language had an even greater spread, since it reached as far as Bangladesh and Albania with persianized Turkic dynasties.

Why did Fersia adopt islam, while Iberia remained their own religion? Are Fersians subhumans?

because iran was too ruralised and most of its people stayed in caves and mudhuts worshipping fire while the rest of the world was advancing, and later they claimed they were "preserving muh own culture"

also lmao at that flag, persian nationalists unironically believe a persian national identity exists outside of pahlavi's larping.

>because iran was too ruralised
this
Modern iraq was the bastion of Sassanid empire, they switched to arabic.

>Modern iraq was the bastion of Sassanid empire, they switched to arabic.

not really, only ctesiphon was, since it was the administrative capital. The rest of mesopotamia was all aramean and christian, there was no any zoroastrian persian speakers in it.

Under the partheans, the assyrian christians had their own semi-independent kingdoms in mesopotamia.

>because iran was too ruralised and most of its people stayed in caves and mudhuts worshipping fire while the rest of the world was advancing, and later they claimed they were "preserving muh own culture"

Yeah this is bullshit.

>implying shir-o khorshid isn't an ancient Iranian symbol

Get back into your coffin, Khomeini.

God it's pathetic when West Asians talk about being "Aryan" as if their racial classification fits inline with the Nazi classification.

Why do they want /pol/'s validation so much?

t. street shitter

Persians didn't disappear from Iraq. What are you talking about? They were eventually Arabized by the 11th century. Even early post-Rashidun Caliphate sources talk about how Baghdad was a city mainly populated by Iranians. And most Arabs in Eastern and Central Iraq are genetically closer to Iranians then they are other Arabs.

>Fersia
>Fersians
Fuck off you retard.

>not really, only ctesiphon
Wrong.

>Persians didn't disappear from Iraq. What are you talking about?
The Persian language, I thought it was obvious?

Germanicucks and Nordicucks were barbarians living in the stone age while Persia was a vast and great empire. I'm not suggesting we're similar to them, I'm suggesting we're part of a greater group of people that span from Iran, to Greece, to Rome.

We have a host of things to be proud for. I don't need their validation or yours.

So... yes.

most of population converted to islam through intensives like the Jizya tax not whatever you implying

You can be proud about your civilisations without having to beg to be referred to as an Aryan

That's literally what the name "Iran" means though.

Yeah pretty much. They had the Islamic lunar calendar imposed on them but they got rid of it and restored their native calendar after they found the Islamic one to be unworkable for things like agriculture and such. North African on the other hand were Arabized more and probably had more in common with the Arab culture and landscape. Also leaned towards radicalism at times such as the case of the Almoravids.

I'm going to rename Somalia land of the Nordics soon when I take power, I'll make Somalians white. That's literally what the Shah did in 1935 when he asked the international community to refer to his country as Iran

Iranians have been calling their land "Iran" for at least 2000 years. The west knew it was Persia. Reza Shah formally asked the international community to recognize it as Iran.

Re-read my post.

The term Arya has been used by Indo-Iranics even longer, as an ethnic self-originator, at least 1000 to 1500 years even before the Medes.

Iranian peoples are Aryan by nature of birth, Indics are Aryan by nature of being religious people

>Unlike the several meanings connected with ārya- in Old Indo-Aryan, the Old Persian term only has an ethnic meaning.[35][36]
>Strabo mentions the unity of Medes, Persians, Bactrians and Sogdians:[39]
>The name of Ariana is further extended to a part of Persia and of Media, as also to the Bactrians and Sogdians on the north; for these speak approximately the same language, with but slight variations.
>The trilingual inscription erected by Shapur's command gives us a more clear description. The languages used are Parthian, Middle Persian and Greek. In Greek the inscription says: "ego ... tou Arianon ethnous despotes eimi" which translates to "I am the king of the Aryans". In the Middle Persian Shapour says: "I am the Lord of the EranShahr" and in Parthian he says: "I am the Lord of AryanShahr".[40][46]
>The Bactrian language (a Middle Iranian language) inscription of Kanishka the Great, the founder of the Kushan Empire at Rabatak, which was discovered in 1993 in an unexcavated site in the Afghanistan province of Baghlan, clearly refers to this Eastern Iranian language as Arya[47][48]
>In Iranian languages, the original self-identifier lives on in ethnic names like "Alans", "Iron".[37] Similarly, the word Iran is the word for land/place of the Aryan.[25]

>"Aryan master race"
>ugly brown poojets and pooistanis
>turko-mongol afghans and tajiks
>disgusting Arab (F)ersians
try again, sweetie

Can't wait till Kurds take over Turkey and then invade and genocide Azershitjainis.

Kurd genocide best day of my life
Only people in Middle East more worthless than Pashtuns

>turko-mongol tajiks

>2017
>still think that aryan mean blonde-haird north-european with blue eyes

The roaches of Azershistainbajan and the disgusting (F)ersian LARPers of """Armenia""" both live on ancient Kurdish lands from the times of the Kurdish Shaddadid dynasty and its branches. And Mt.Ararat shall once again be in Kurdish hands together with the ancient Kurdish city of Êrîvan and Ganja.
t.Alireza al-Arabi

>Gypsies wewuzzing
Good luck getting your own country, Mr.eternal slave to arabs and turks

Go home cockroach, you're not fooling anyone.

No being Aryan clearly means worshipping hairy smelly Arabs and taking on their language and culture while perverting your own ancient pure traditions to match with their backwards ones, or mixing with the inferior Dravidians until you become the same color as the shit you take on the designated streets while throat-singing in honor of Tengri.

That is how you can clearly tell a true Aryan from the non-Aryan trash.
nice wig, Genghis Khanizadeh

>literally stealing ideas and traditions now
>Kurds are evolving

Kurds are also Muslim.

>pure traditions

What does this even mean?

Thanks, roach.kun, we are well on our way thanks to your and Arab incompetence.

>tajik highlanders dont mix with arabs, dravids and turks
>REEEEEE
Cлишкoм тoлcтo eбин.

WE WUZ ARYANS N SHIT
Bait

How do you feel about the fact that Tajiks once inhabited all the land from Kabul to Bukhara and no longer do?

>Kurds are also Muslim.
Not for long, thanks to Arabs and (F)ersians showing their true disgusting nature of serving the corrupt teachings of the corpe of a vile Bedouin.
>literally stealing ideas and traditions now
Except we aren't Turkroaches.

Don't reply to him, just report, hide and ignore.

Fuck you talking about nigga, Turkish Kurds are a bunch of AKP worshippers and Iraqi Kurds still cut off their women's clits.

t.Mohammad Reza ibn Poonjabi al-Tajiki

>and Iraqi Kurds still cut off their women's clits.
Only inferior Yezidis that are classified as Kurds do that cause of "muh traditions".
The real Kurds are against it and have banned its practice since 2011, but off course those savages don't care.

It wouldn't suprise me if the ASSyrians also do it since they are also classified as living in """"Iraqi"""" Kurdistan.

when's your next unibrow waxing session?

Don't (You) ever get tired of this?

it's a donkey turk false flagging as a kurd bros

as an actual kurd, I love my fellow iranic brothers

it seems you posted the wrong image of what average Kurds look like.

tired of what? telling the truth?
oh look it's Mahmoud Kurdmadinejad, the local Iranian Kurd that has made no progress whatsoever in the struggle to regain indepence of the ancient Kurdish lands corruntly occupied by Iran while sucking of Khomeini's small (F)ersian dick.

nice try, donkey turk

>uses (F)ersian just like the T*rk
>tries to make Kurds look bad
>names his files instead of using numbers, just like the T*rkroach

Yeah it's definitely the T*rk.

The only donkey here is you and the (F)ersians are the ones saddling you.
What the fuck are you even about?
>hurr durr he types a certain way he is a roach
Should I put on a trip and kiss Roachistans ass so you could call me Australian instead like with the other guy? Since evidently everyone on this board with a bit of nationalistic pride is a false flagger according to your great detective work.

if you're not a donkey turk, you're a street shitter

kys apoo

Speak Kurmanji or Sorani then.

Can't wait till you use Google Translate.

he's a donkey turk or probably an indian larping as a turk to hide his smelly poojeet ass

probably assmad pajeet because nobody considers them to be aryans (they're not)

>(F)ersians

Blacks and Arabs. You're setting the bar so high. "Better than blacks and Arabs".

Why do you fuckers care so much about being "white." Western civilization is inherently superior but any of the European ethnicities are NOT.
t. tan hAlfghan, brown and proud

nah he's a well-known k*rd who's obsessed with shitting on Iran/Persian history whenever it comes up

I think he's the reason posters from Turkey are blocked from /pol/

kinda embarrassing desu

nope, you're a filthy poojeet

>that k*rd itt
LMAO :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd
and no i'm not him idk who he is nibba LMAO this thread is golden 100/100

it's not a kurd, it's an assmad street shitter larping as a kurd

>persians who worship an arab god in charge of determining who is aryan

>Aryan to Iranian and Iranic people is entirely and solely defined on a racial classification and its been used in that nomenclature by Iranian peoples for thousand of years, Indians do not use it in the same way and are inconsistent because at times it can only or solely be based around culture or religious and linguistic terms. You are a stupid piss-ant sub-human troglodyte who has no idea what they are talking about.
So you reinforce my point and project your inadequacy of being a manlet to me?

Nice going imran now go suck your mullahs dick.

Someone has to line you faggots up before being shot.