No NEETS allowed. General Career Thread. No crypto

No NEETS allowed. General Career Thread. No crypto.

What ambitions do you have in your professional career? What field are you in or are considering? What are some skills you're learning just to get a little bit ahead?

Advice is welcome and encouraged.

Make it another week with out quiting so I can buy some more shitcoins. I work in the oil feild doing the top 10 most dangerous jobs in the feild. And fucking hate it. Because my boss is a shitbag

Nice, whats your next move once you quit?

I'm currently studying Electrical Engineering but i've recently become more interested in coding just from reading whitepapers and studying the blockchain. Starting to think coding blockchain specifics could be one of the most in demand skills in the near future but i'm not sure if it's too late to jump ship.

keep your real job path

blockchain is 99% hype / scams / ponzis

buy as much BTC and/or BCC as you can, forget all the shitcoins, thank me in 10 years.

Mixed Reality Wizard

video conferencing engineer

super niche job but the industry is huge. have to know networking, firewalls, and equipment. once youve wormed your way into a company its almost impossible to lose job and no one will be able to replace you. pay is great and very easy to make connections and work your way up

Working on a side business. One it's complete, I'll be able to quit my PHP job.

Skills learning? I'm working on Laravel and Vue so I can get ahead in the web industry. I have 3.5 years experience-- I'm also working on learning solidity in my spare time as it seems that's where the high paying jobs are.

The goal is financial independence-- then I'm going to invest in the stock market. I have an (almost) guaranteed 20% return each year with my current strategy so if I get 1.5 million from my company, I'll be set for life.

software engineer.
Eventually I want to move on to a senior architectural role, maybe even begin my own startup with a few coworkers. I'm also interested in applications for blockchain at the enterprise level and hobbyist dApp development.

Sadly my career has kind of stalled. I moved from the midwest to the west coast and my job changed from pretty much a full-stack, client-facing, heavily autonomous role to basically a code monkey. I feel underpaid and underutilized and I'm not sure what to do from here.

I can't imagine changing career plans now although I really want to be confident with a few coding languages just for employability.

What are some recommended languages to learn? I'm confident in python and MatLab but I don't know what other languages to try, thinking C+. I wanna make a few simple android apps and i think C+ is useful for that?

Fuck a career! I got old money, sport.

You're probably going to be my best bet for advice, whats a good language to expand my coding skills? i've used python and matlab a fair bit but i wanna be able to make simple android apps and generally just learn more about coding.

Every language
Learn how to program and the language becomes largely irrelevant except for syntax differences and stuff.
learncpp.com

chemical engineer

been unemployed for a few months now. just looking for lab work at the moment since everything else is saturated as fuck. i used to laugh at the civil engineers because there is so many of them but they seem to be the only ones that have a stable job market in this country

Bumping your question

I'm majoring in chem eng but there are less and less jobs every year because a single guy can take care of an entire plant with all the quality software there is out there.

Any it fags in here? Is there any hope for good positions if you havent done compsci?

Working as a front/back end dev on a niche platform. Job is stable but pay is below market. Not sure how to progress.

Top program Information Systems degree here, about to get my first post grad job

How do I get into software development? Application tier stuff is all boring

Currently in the manufacturing field, going to school for IT security, and I do mechanical work and mild PC shit to have money for car stuff. Also shitcoins when I have the time.

Management consultant, currently billing to the client as a "Blockchain Subject Matter Expert"

please explain?

My personal plans
>finish my degree in law and business
>master in finance
>start my own investment company
I have no debt and I should have more gains saved up by then too

Currently enlisted in Army, 35P, still in training.
I kind of want to stay in and become a SIGINT warrant officer.
If I get cryptorich, I'll get out and try to commission into the Reserves and go Civil Affairs. In civilian life I'll do some farming or market gardening to pass the time.

In school for Mechanical Engineering after years of shit I hated and didn't want to do. Poisonous bosses, dead end jobs. Fuck being a Late Bloomer.

This round of school is the hardest shit I've done in my life.

Whole family is on board, though. Feels good.

healthcare software engineer. fuck money, i want to make a difference.

people need to exercise more and lose weight according to my query outputs. lose weight you fat cunts.

Another software developer here

I work for an insurance company and I couldn't imagine anything more boring. I'm trying to get into consulting because then at least I'm not working on the same crap every day in the same stupid languages. I'm not even sure if I want to be a programmer long term, it's pretty boring in general too.

I'm really good at it and I have a BS in math also so I'm thinking maybe I could try a career that actually uses math like a quant? I have no idea what I even want to do though, but I do have about 12k in the bank so maybe I could go back to school or something. Does anyone here have a math involved job that is decently challenging? I'm just so unbelievably bored with programming I might go postal any day now

I hear if you convert to Judaism the shekels will follow!

Is it bad that I want to become a NE? Getting bored at work, miss school and have enough money to go without work for a while. Only worry is how tough it'll be to get a job if I stay out of the market too long. I'm just bored having hit the ceiling at my current job and needing to make a switch in order to level up pay and knowledge.

I read the word "encouraged" in bateman's voice

Currently investing in the stock market and savings so that i can one day create an urban microgreen farming empire. I just need 100-200k to buy the first couple hydroponic units. It will take a long time.

Real Estate Agent. Shits fun

NEET here

you can't keep me out of your thread wagecuck

alright i'm done

How do u return 20% a year?

Medicinal chemistry

About to enter my third year of grad school.

Not even sure how I ended up this far as I hated chemistry in high school.
But I'm too deep now, and the system of being paid to go to school is nice.
Plus i can continue trading crypto.

I took the FSO test earlier this year but didn't pass, I was close but didn't make the cut. I will be applying again in March, but meanwhile I plan to spend a couple months traveling around Brazil with my crypto gains.

im trying to make a business!
go to paperless.ca and sign up for the newsletter niggers, we will be releasing soon

I am a business major rn in college. I could get a job as a banking analyst (MM/Corporate, not IB) through connections, or look for a F500 job. I don't like the idea of working for someone else my entire life and am trying to start my own business eventually. Import/export seems interesting and is not dominated by large corporations apparently. Does it pay well? Also, how should I go about making connections if I decide to go that route.

Freelance Writer

I am aspiring to apply to entry level Front End Developer / software jobs so I can get a real career. Went to a scammy coding bootcamp for certification. I've been studying fullstack for about 5 years. Applied to over 300 jobs with one in person interview. My resume is shit. I am going to apply to more freelance gigs in the meantime. I want to write a horror novel..

Invested in some stocks and cryptos. Want to pay off the family mortgage. Everyday is a learning opportunity

Does it pay well?

Shit are you me ?

California based.. it gets worse, my dude, I haven't even told you my age

I did connect with an user on here through Veeky Forums after he correctly predicted the fidget spinner craze. Didn't get the chance to talk more. I regret it

seems you are fullstuck

Zing

Better than fullcuck, amirite? Plenty in California, despite their income. Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

Always keep a Plan B. I am reading a good book that uses the 80 / 20 rule on where you should maintain your focus

Investment banking then move to PE / Quant HF
Accumulate money, use experience from PE/HF to invest in high return opportunities and ultimately start businesses on the side if I'm not good enough to get to the top

Alternatively, going into finance through Technology departments or do Venture capital in the tech industry

Either way retire before 50

Rate it boyz

Already in PE, living the good life. Still trying to accumulate enough fuck you money to do whatever I want so still frugal atm

Full stack, working in a small team/startup, focusing on developing across the stack skills atm, infrastructure automation, python on the back-end, postgres for db-layer, and some front-end (angular atm but I'm not sure about this, feels really heavy-weight and just too much, potentially Vue), especially front-end performance. I'm a bootcamp grad and I am totally convinced that most monkeys that graduate from bootcamps consider ramming the front-end with 10MB of unbundled assets to be ok. Intention is to cash out with equity then pack all (I keep my belongings light) my shit away and fuck off around the world working remote. Learn the stack boys, it's a lot of fun, you can always work on something different when you get bored and you're pretty much always valuable to early companies. Fuck corporate.

My personal plans
>>Finish my degree in Business Administration
>>Finish my degree in Business Economics
>>Master in Finance
>>Start my own investment company
I'll have some studydebt, but that wont stop me from starting that company

t. blatant obvious butthurt nocoiner making $40k/yr thinking he'll make it big, but will be stuck in lower-managment ( = job a high schooler could do) till the end of his miserable life

At Uni studying Law. Still got 4 years to go. (Australia)
Amy advice appreciated

>Learn how to program and the language becomes largely irrelevant
say people stuck with a dinosaur-tier language like C++, who will never be able to actually master modern software development practices, will forever be kings of managing pre-90s baggage shitting up their language

nice, how did you get started after uni ? And what type of PE (BB or smaller company ?)

You're doing it right user, I was afraid that it wouldnt be possible to live frugally while working in PE because of the peer pression but you give me hope !

Whilst I agree with this sentiment, if money and only money is your end-goal (why the fuck would you work in tech if this was your only goal, but I digress) then learning antiquated languages and consulting out for $1k+ a day isn't unrealistic.

>yeah 20 years old NEETs out-earn me 5-folds, but the SKILLS im acquiring with my SUPER IMPORTANT POSITION earning me almost twice the minimum wage will net me much more money by the time we retire! suck it coin losers!

forgot to mention

aus lawyer here, protip, law is boring

>learning antiquated languages

the problem is that demand will stably drop for antiquated languages and antiquated practices. may net you $1k today, then you may starve to death in 10 years, stuck with a vastly useless skillset, like cobol-devs did

Is the constant fud about not finding a job a meme?

Naturally, but if you put me on $1k a day for 2-3 years, I would be pretty much setup for life. If you are on 1k a day and you stave within 10 years. You are a full blown fucktard. Either way, I ain't defending old-schoolers, but it's interesting shit.

not even a little, only lowest tier scrubs dont get jobs, they're just the loudest complainers. Though for sure an hero if you get bad grades, law is boring even at the top, at the bottom it's something else

i'm just saying that even IF your ONLY goal is money, learning more modern languages will earn you more of it in THE LONG RUN

now, if your goal is to earn as much money as possible WITHIN THE NEXT 5 YEARS, then never develop software again FOR ANY PURPOSE, then yeah, antiquated techniques is likely the way to go, as very few people would be willing to literally throw away years of their life

damnit why do i always turn into such a giant asshole every time i open up this board lol

Finishing biomedical science with busines now.

Looking to study master strategic war studies at military academy.

Want to work with some pussy cucked ngo to feed some syrians in deir ezzor or some shit / alternatively use skillset in politics .

Y o l o

Hope i have 1 mil in crypto before all that hassle.

Sall good man, probably an arsehole in real life as well so just a continuation? I kid, I kid.

You could be right man, although I daresay with the amount of shit to be learnt in tech, there is definitely more than one way to skin a cat.

I did it for a year, PE is great if you love spreadsheets, too many managers, demanding clients, and 80 hour work weeks.
I got burnt out and went to corporate finance for two years. Recently quit and started my own business.

nice ! i see that a lot of people start their own business after PE/CF. Would you say that in a way, your experience in finance helped you to get the necessary skills or its just a waste of time ?

Haven't started my own yet but YES, it definitely helps. Once you become a little senior, finance is the least of your concerns and you become more and more aware of the operational challenges behind the figures, the governance issues etc. Finance in itself is one skill but truly understanding what works and what doesn't in many companies will put you one step ahead.