Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mu6gjKMhT3Y
youtube.com/channel/UCyx1mPZXobOxCyzO2CwmDZA
ancient-cities.com/#game
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Father

The Son

and the Holy Ghost

Back then when I played EU4 the wizard meme was real.

also Boringblanda for M&BW

>Sends nude prophets at you

Replace with ck2

Can't you idiots read? He said no strategy games.

It's kinda sad to see the Paradox not even try to pretend they're offering content for their DLCs and for normies to get ahold of EUIV so much

I mean I'm glad more people enjoy the game, but the attitudes of all the new players is just... unpleasant and bland.

I'm hoping this game turns out alright:

youtube.com/watch?v=mu6gjKMhT3Y

Takes place in Bohemia during the 1400's. It's not as focused on big battles, like Mount & Blade is, but the combat and setting are supposed to be very faithful to the era. Some of the music was also taken directly from medieval Czech manuscripts.

He said grand strategy you illiterate retard.
Empire Earth is RTS

Strategy is strategy, does "grand" really have anything to do with it?

Yes. Grand Strategy and RTS function differently. It's like saying there's no difference between RPG and JRPG. OP said "no grand strategy" that means RTS such as Empire Earth and Age of Empires are exempt from this. If it were "no strategy games" then there would be a reason to complain, the idea that EE doesn't fit OP's criteria is absurd.

>what is hard mode

Um

You're a nigger, okay?

>starcraft, XCOM, Disgaea and HoI3 are all the same because they're all strategy

Rude

Rule the Waves

really looking forward to this since its supposed to really focus on historical accuracy

youtube.com/channel/UCyx1mPZXobOxCyzO2CwmDZA

Thought this was a cool channel. They do historical reviews of games, and they actually have real historians from the topic at hand on the show to discuss it.

WHERE MY CAMPFIRE GAMES NIGGAS AT?

Brigadier General donor reporting in

What game is this?

Verdun sucks. I hate everyone that says Verdun is good. It'd be a bit better if it had 50vs50 or something, but it doesn't. I'm also pissed that the developers upped the player count for the retarded paid v2.0 for the Eastern front.

I even asked the developers about that a while ago and they basically said the people were too stupid to have a higher unit count in the game as it was. Now they're having you pay for it.

RO2 also sucks. Play Darkest Hour instead. It's about to get a pretty massive upgrade.

>giving money to Henkel after he shitted up M&B almost as much as Vince with NW

Kill yourself.

>Play Darkest Hour instead.
I own this but I've never played it. Does it even still have players?

butterlord never ever

Yeah. The 29th server usually has at least half full, and mostly full. Especially on weekends. I'm about to play right now.

War of Rights

t. poorfag who doesn't have the 11th Mississippi skin

Why no one ever does China/Burma/Winter War I dunno.

I'm not poor, but I don't just throw my money at shit. If I wanted to do that I'd go to the dog park.

rate my resurgent Ottoman empire Veeky Forums

>Starts at 3,600 B.C.
>You haven't domesitcated the dog some 30,000 years behind everyone else.

Shit-tier shit is shit, user.

Better detailed map of Europe for NapoopaN was great but the loss of theatres was terribly disappointing

yeah
no fucking Aegypt,no Persia,no India so we can kick the Mysore and Sir Roger Dowlett ass,no war of 1812
atleast the battle is cool
this is muh France holding out against the 3 nation alliance

>its another episode of Old Guard winning a battle by themselves

Age of empires 1&2 had wonderful history notes on almost everything in game.

For nonstrat I'll go with Encarta's mind maze.

>g*rmany

Age of Empires 3 had them too.

But they were online, and the site is gone.

>blue decks

Name a genre that could use a good Veeky Forums game. Or come up with a fresh take on the usual strategy Veeky Forums games.

Turned based medieval RPG

immersive open world medieval RPG with realistic damage that doesn't suck dick
dwarf fortress being the closest to achieving this

Why do people call it the Holy Ghost? That sounds fucking retarded, it's the Holy Spirit

Because it's a ghost.

It'll be here soon

anime rhythm games.

Open world survival crafting game. The genre needs a decent title full stop, structured age like tech progression would be a good mechanic in a game finished at launch

>tfw you're in the 29th but only play RO2

This one is still not out for sale but it looks fucking amazing.

ancient-cities.com/#game

You are kidding me. I've literally been looking for a game like that for 2 months and had just accepted the fact that there were none.

Join me in waiting for 2018 release date...

That looks superb

IL2 Sturmovik (1946, Cliffs of Dover and Battle of Stalingrad were kinda meh)
Silent Hunter 3 and 5
Assassins Creed games (yeah i know it's pleb as fuck but historical settings are top tier and lots of historical characters appearing)
East India Company (historical trading simulator)

Sounds spooky. Good thing it's not a skeleton.

Or is it????

I want to see this battle play out

Tfw I backed the kickstarter for 40$ for full game, future DLCs/expansion pack and name on the credit list.

Feels good

This sounds very ambitious and I am sorry to say it but I doubt we will get half of the features they have promised.

King of Dragon Pass is a tribe simulator game where you lead a pseudo-Celtic tribe in it's attempt to dominate the other tribes and become King of the region. Although it's set in a fantasy world, the Orlanthi culture your tribe belongs to is closely modeled on the pre-Roman era Celts, and the gameplay itself is very emergent and varied.

>Roma Surrectum
awww yiss
unfortunately i am struck with the misfortune of not being to pick fucking cataphracts or else it crashes
10/10 game otherwise

>Every citizen's attributes, experience and knowledge are simulated. Each citizen has their own aspirations and decides how to live, where they work and if they come or leave the city.

Only thing that sounds unrealistic on the pitch. Everything else doesn't sound too complicated.

Not really, Crusader Kings already does that with its randomly generated characters.

Knowledge is the one that struck me as kind of weird and maybe a bit hard to do, but I suppose it could be just a separate selection of traits they gain trough the game. idk how many characters would be in this game, if they want to extend it all the way into the iron age you'd eventually have to start dealing with quite a lot.

It's just some flags, stuff like who they've met and what skills they have.

Third Rome/3

>tfw I won't have enough time to play when it actually come out :( feels sad man.

Thanks user, didn't know about this.

Is Victoria II worth it? I'm interested in it but it's a high price point off-sale

I kind of want to play as Hawaii and make a Kalakaua Pacific Empire where WW1 starts to stop me and my expansion

Not worth buying, no. Torrent it and give it a try, it's extremely autistic and pretty boring and good fucking luck playing as a minor unciv like Hawa'ii
>load game
>set time to max
>wait
>wait
>put down uprising
>wait
>wait
>put down uprising
>wait
>wait
>Europeans arrive and immediately annex you, gg

It's a good game
It's not at all good for playing as small countries though, especially if you want to avoid using silly unhistorical strategies. For example a common strategy is to conquer a certain part of Asia that always discovers gold and then annexing parts of China for the big boost in population.

Darklands is the shit. I dunno why it's so forgotten, as I think it's the best CRPG ever

A campaign focused strategy game about gathering forces, playing politics to keep the army together, dealing with local geography and political factions during your march, and finding and engaging enemy forces day by day, skirmish by skirmish, until a decisive blow is struck.

What are some good &humanities games?

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri?
It's got some philosphy stuff in it.

I believe I lost

I like Verdun. You can get many stabs in it if you completely ignore the people giving shitty tips like "take cover" and just keep running towards people and stabbing

5/5 fuck the mg's and other cowards

Oh yeah and the devs truly are dickheads. I have found so many game breaking bugs and ways of going trough the walls in that game that it is unbelivable.

Also they shit on me because I use linux and told me to use better Os when I complained about having performance issues.

this

A total war game with proper skirmish and marching mechanics needs to happen

I'm thinking that the army would be layered and subdivided like provinces, duchies, and kingdoms in Crusader Kings 2 only with diplomatic options replaced with orders and relations being morale/loyalty.

I've played it and liked it a lot. The only thing that I hate is that when you get big, you start getting random defeats out of nowhere. There are a lot of things in the game background that it doesnt tell you about.

Wish it was purely historical instead of fantasy.

Pic related, a legit GOAT rpg

Thanks for the rec dude. Never heard of it before. Seems amazing

Fallout 2

Expeditions: Conquistador.

Oh. It has been posted already. My bad.

Age of Decadence is pretty Veeky Forums.

If you want to play as a small civ give use the console to give yourself a boost by acquiring some dece province otherwise it won't be worth it and you'll be sitting there for 10 hours waiting for time to pass.

And imo no it isn't worth it. I wasted like 500 hours in that game and wish I could have that time back.

There are really only 4 choices in this game
>get raped by Spider Queen
>get raped by ducks
>get raped by floods
>choose Praxians, Elves, or Ice Demons and don't get raped

Fucking Militiades

Why did Art of Conquest lost its charm, I played it and it just didn't felt right.

>playing an unciv passively
It's like you want to be annexed by Euros

>Don't worry. You can trust me.

Wow user this is so cool, thanks!

I don't know if they changed this in the more modern TW games, but I hate how in Rome and most other grand strategies you only seem to have the option to either completely annex a province or not.

Like, there's the city that is the capital of the province, and having your army inside the province does fuck all unless you are besieging it. Can't destroy buildings, or attack villages, or do anything to force the enemy out of the fortress other than laying siege.

>youtube.com/channel/UCyx1mPZXobOxCyzO2CwmDZA
intradasting
t. hakns

It's too easy. Once you get big enough to defeat everyone, there's is not much to do but keep raping all the clans. There's no endgame as far as I can see.