Why didn't Sherman genocide the entire south like he should have...

Why didn't Sherman genocide the entire south like he should have? Why did he temper his scorched earth policy near the end?

Because his wife lusted after that Big Dixie Cock.
After his wife got spitroasted by two healthy strong southern boys and loved it, he realized he couldn't deny his wife the greatest pleasure on Earth.
That's why, Billy Yank.

>cuck cuck

Good one you fat hillbilly useless sack

this.

t. 3/16th Italian 5/10th Polish 2/17th Irish 3/32nd black """""American""""

His only real goal was to stop the killing.

He did that.

He wasn't the kind of person to play politics.

>stop the killing

by letting his men chimp out in south georgia while the war was still raging in Virginia? There's no evidence that his "march to the sea" ended the war any faster. He would have been better off chasing Johnston through the carolinas as fast as possible. He was always somewhat of a pussy which is why he probably dragged his feet and hoped Grant ended the war before he needed to engage Johnston.

You're just mad because you'll never get to give Lincoln Savannah as a Christmas present.

Easter Presents > Christmas Presents

His theory was that a short horrible offensive was better than a long exhausting war. Ending it quickly by any means necessary was his primary intention.

White people(From North West Europe)are spineless pussies who cant genocide anyone.

offensive against who? Both Hood and Johnston had left Georgia after the fall of Atlanta. He was literally doing nothing but pillaging locals and causing mass death of slaves for those following months. Lincoln knew that the war would come to an end when the Union destroyed the southern armies which is what Grant did to Lee in VA and Thomas did to Hood in TN. Sherman wasn't doing shit. There's a reason that Von Moltke called his campaign "an armed mob" and that there was nothing worthy to be learned from it.

Fpbp

i don't know, but dealing with the consequences sure is annoying as all hell, although i do enjoy a good laugh whenever i remember that the essence of confederate nostalgia, and white nationalism in general, can be summed up in "we dindu nuffin"

This is literally the opposite of what the left screeches every day

Not the same user, but it was a form of psychological warfare. If the North could march that deep into Southern territory and burn everything in its path it would have a terrible result on Southern morale across the board. Considering most of the South is still booty bothered by it, I'd say he succeeded too well.

tl;dr shock and awe and Johnston didn't really turn and fight.

>whine and complain of the natural and necessary results
>proceeds to whine and complain about southern locals shoot his pillaging troops dead

except there is no evidence of it destroying morale, if anything it reinforced their commitment to the fight.

>shock and awe and Johnston didn't really turn and fight.

Johnston didn't have enough men to fight sherman which is why he was moving to link up with Lee.

there was no mass communication or television, the rest of the southern states would just read reports in papers about sherman doing horrible shit. another user hit the nail on the head, sherman was just afraid to engage johnston, and if you look at the "damage" his march to the sea did, it was inconsequential to the war effort. Mainly he shit on civilians, got a ton of slaves killed, and still failed to stop cattle shipments from texas reaching virginia.

He didn't want to deprive future generations of mankind's greatest joke:
southerners.

Why should i hate my own race, you SJW faggot?

Because you are an inferior tiny dicked whiny white boi

>complaining when your band of rapists and murderers keeps getting shot at