Who do you consider the smartest person in history?

Who do you consider the smartest person in history?

At least my favorite human of all time.

How can one thinker have so much influence to the extent of shaping 20th century politics and philosophy to such extent

First person I thought of, too.

> tfw we're past the age where a polymath can make genius contributions to both art and science

Stick to the trade schools, Johnny, your phenotype is archaic.

It's not even a contest. All other answers are wrong.

Who is that?

1 Von Neumann
2 Ramanujan
3 Newton
4 Gauss
5 Euler
6 Archimedes
7 Faraday
8 Maxwell
9 Leibniz
10 Euclid
11 Aristotle
12 Plato
13 Galileo
14 Da Vinci
15 Tesla
16 Riemann
17 Grothendieck
18 Planck
19 Einstein
20 Bach
21 Beethoven
22 Poincaré
23 Godel
24 Hilbert
25 Fermat
26 Lagrange
27 Lorentz
28 Hilbert
29 Gibbs
30 Boltzmann

Eurocentric as fuck.

this

Probably because 99.9% of anyone who's ever mattered has been born in Europe.

Diogenes

eh, don't conflate influence with intelligence.

Apart from a couple Chinese, Indian, and Arabic thinkers it's also correct as fuck

Avicenna, you missed him.

Thats John Law, he invented paper money.

>spent his last days in absolute terror.
Feels bad man

>no Marx or Freud
just because you don't like them doesn't mean there is no reason they're cited extensively in the social sciences. there's also room there for a handful of postmodernists. they weren't all charlatans. people like John Cage had viable alternatives to millennia-old traditions, which requires a dexterity of thought worth noting. largely agree with list besides those gripes (mainly related to probable fact you're a STEM major)

>social sciences

>itt: people mistake influential for intelligent

I think it should be someone who also had an extremely high eq besides an extremely high iq. So my vote goes to Shakespeare, Goethe, or Bach.

>includes Plato but leaves out Socrates

>literally on Veeky Forums
man ITT Tech really produces worse graduates all the time

Add Avicenna under Euclid, add Ibn Khaldun under Da Vinci. Maimonides should probably be down by the bottom. Good list, but puts a little too much emphasis on math/physics (this is probably due to an implicit bias favoring less controversial figures)

Also
>Newton above Leibniz
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>trolly questions with no answers despite being the first walking Patreon subscription service
>intelligent

Tesla

The archetypical mad-scientist virgin inventor

Kierkegaard.

Bach is on the list made. Lope > Shakespeare, though if we're adding artists it becomes a lot harder to pick.

t. Reddit

>smartest man alive
>still believe in God when you die
he was onto something

justin trudeau man is a literal genius

He was based as fuck too

Adolf Hitler

>Newton before Gauss

hmm, not sure how or why one would consider Freud for this list. The people you mention would serve better on a list of intellectual 'influencers' rather than of intellectual ability.

>coming up with largely accurate resolutions of mind-body problem before neuroscience develops as a discipline
>not the sign of a brilliant mind
again, sorry your blinkered education has made you unfamiliar with contributions from non-mathematicians

He was an agnostic and explicitly only believed in God because he used Pascal's wager. His priest said it didn't ease his mind at all and he was terrified for the remainder of his life.

> Mad inventor dreams of free energy, makes giant-ass zapper coils, death rays, acoustic weapons and basically turns engineering from DC to AC
> Lol user is retarded for bringing him up as a smart person in world history

Faggot

>ctrl+f
>"jung" 0 of 0.

wtf!!!!!!!

He literally did nothing remarkable except contructing an ac generator whos design was largely copied from a french prototype. Sure this lightning emitting coils look amazing but they were not difficult to build or any useful.

Me

>Godel/Grodendieck that low
>Ramanujan not at 15
>No Aquinas, Locke, Erdos, Shannon or Cauchy
>Aristotle at 11, not 1
0/10

Meant

Maybe because the US only existed for 250~ years

jesus that smile creeps me out. how could anyone be so happy?

I wonder how Von Neumann and similar people looked at life in general
They probably see it so differently from us normal people and we to them are like little plebian children.
It's like when we look down upon the normies but at a much, much larger scale.

Because he's filthy rich and a titan of an industry?

next president desu

>including Galileo
Trash

Leibniz

Is this bait?

John Herschel has my vote.

It's crazy how a few extra chromosomes can make you smarter.