Why does no one bother to save Byzantines in 1453 event?

Why does no one bother to save Byzantines in 1453 event?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-917120732/the-three-komnenos-episode-5-triumph-and-tragedy
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11385601
etd.lib.metu.edu.tr/upload/12607764/index.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Before 1453, the last time Western Euronigs went up against the Ottomans, they were severely BTFO by the Roaches.

>Why does no one bother to save Byzantines in 1453 event?
Why would someone bother? For what purpose?
Also, there was no way to save them in 1453.

Cancer

>arrogant western euros arrive to the party
>warm them you need a disciplined army
>HONHONON GLORY ABOVE ALL NOBODY ORDERS ME AROUND
>lose battle because those retards charge head on into jannisarries

By that point the situation was hopeless, last chance was probably ERE either needed to win at Manzikert, or not have the sucession autism that caused the Fourth Crusade.

The Venetians had promised to send a relief force but they never did

damn my ancestors really fucked up wh*Tes very good

Everyone got tired of saving them
Arabs have been constantly besieging Costantinople ever since they reached anatolia

>Arabs
Why do you think calling us Arab would trigger us?
Arabs are a great people. Pic related was an Arab.

Manzikert is heavily overrated. The Romans maintained their hold on Western Anatolia and Trebizond (the only rich parts of the Empire, even the Turks considered thei share of Anatolia a shithole not worth much) and the Komnenoi reconquered most of their losses (pic related)

Byzantine downfall can really be traced only to western aggression, even before the Fourth Crusade. Especially the Venetians and the Sicilians. The threat of a Norman Sicilian invasion is what forced the Romans to make a deal with the Venetians (Venetians were supposed to stop any naval invasions, and in return they got great trading rights). The Venetians however did not hold up their end, and let Sicilians fleets pass freely. This however did not stop the Venetians from wanting those trade rights, which they aggressively took and maintained. The Byzantines simply had too many enemies and was too geopolitically exposed in the West. The East they had in control, until the 4th crusade.

I was talking about Umayyads and Abassids and such, didn't mean to insult anyone

Because they were fucking assholes and fucked over everyone around them.

Excellent post, mate.

>95 year old man needs his 7th heart transplant to stay alive another year
Gee I wonder.

>tfw you will never be a beautiful Köçek submissive to your Ottoman master
why even live

How could you save the Byzantines when faced with such a formidable and objectively superior enemy?

Look at that weak eurangutan trying to face up to Suleiman the Magnificent and his onion.

>Why does no one bother to save Byzantines in 1453 event?

Because the Byzantines were the one that called the Ottomans to fight for them against the Slavs.

in the 14th century a serbian king conquered whole of the balkan peninsula and proclaimed himself the tsar of the eastern empire, the western empire supported him, while the byzantines were against him, they called the ottomans to fight on their behalf against the slavs. the serbian tsar died eventually and his son was too weak to keep the lands together, the petty lords conspired against him.

the ottomans saw the time was ripe to attack and started taking one petty lord at a time untill they had enough army on the soil to conquer the ones that called them, the Byzantines.

This for sure, the end of the Komnenoi and the Angeloi dynasty marked the inevitable decline of the empire. I recently released the last episode covering the end of Manuel's reign and the problems that the empire suffered from as a result.
soundcloud.com/user-917120732/the-three-komnenos-episode-5-triumph-and-tragedy

1. Everyone hates Greeks and Orthodox (I've spent 6 months with the animals, trust me, they're awful)
2. Based latins had already deflowered the city and nobody cares if Mehmet gets sloppy seconds

This is not Charles, retarded roach. He's Francis, king of France, betraying europe with his franco-ottoman alliance.

qq more you dumbass wh*Te dog

>Manzikert is heavily overrated.
Agreed, something I say to my fellow turks only to recieve their butthurt responses. The Battle of Myriokephalon was far more important both in its aftermath and in the milltary genius of the participants.

>the romans
>the
>romans
who

They tried. Thousands of Italian mercenaries defended Constantinople. They were outnumbered too heavily.

let's talk about ww1 lol

The eternal venetian doing it again

Except for, you know, the Genoans and Venetians who died helping defend the city.

>romans

hmmm?

lol as a fellow Arab you are just displaying your insecurity by taking that as an insult

You're not very bright

After 1204 the Byzantines had their capital sacked to the point where Constantinople wasn't a city anymore, but rather an amalgamation of small towns in one area. As a foreign ruler, as pious as I may be, I'll look at the Byzantines and see a kingdom in freefall. Time and time again it takes the luck of fate to produce an aggressive and able ruler to stabilize their realm, but any lesser man in the purple simply wasn't smart enough to navigate the inner-politics of Constantinople to survive, much less get anything done.

Even if I ignore the fact that the Byzantines was about as internally stable as a souffle, I then notice that the Byzantines have done nothing but alienate me as a good Catholic by treating me like dirt even though we both believe in the same God, and instead of trying to reach some sort of amicable relationship I am time and time again insulted and dismissed until they need my men to die for them.

And then, if I some how look past how treacherous and pompous the Byzantines are, I notice that their armies are a mere shadow of itself. Much like the armies before the fall of Rome, the Byzantines staff only foreigners because they can find no able-bodied men from their depopulated and devastated countryside. By the time of their fall, it was only a handful of Greeks that held the Byzantine banners, and the rest were Italian mercenaries. Even if I swept in to repel any invaders that assail them, am I to babysit them until I die because they cannot muster any significant force to defend any lands outside Theodosius's walls?

Nah, I would sit back and let them fall.

you're not very bright assuming all Muslim invasions of Anatolia were from Turks

nah you're still not very bright. stop trying ty

>Much like the armies before the fall of Rome, the Byzantines staff only foreigners
Please stop this meme, it isn't true in either case.

such a counter argument, amazing user you sure showed him

>my ancestors
Chances are your ancestors were Greek Orthodox peasants living in Anatolia who later converted to Islam and started speaking Turkish somewhere down the line.
Turks are a constructed race, in reality you're Greco-Armenian or maybe even Slavaic or Arabic (lots of people were settled in Asia Minor over the centuries) ethnically with a small Turkic admixture.

I enjoyed these user, but if you do another series you should practice speaking fluently (without stutters) and editing, although you seem to be aware of this as it got better as the series goes on.

Scientifically proven wrong.
Are you that retarded Aussie? I'm just in my right mood to btfo a wh*Te subhuman who's full of shit.

>he escaped
tired of being superior to wh*Tes to be honest.
can we like ban all wh*Tes from this board? they contribute nothing to the board apart from wh*Tewashing non-wh*Tes. Just make me a mod and i promise i'll make Veeky Forums great again, wh*Tes should only be able to post on /b/

further reading
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11385601
etd.lib.metu.edu.tr/upload/12607764/index.pdf
never finish my genetic discussions without fatality.

>crusade in 1100s
>get btfo by turks

>crusade in 1396
>get btfo by turks

>crusade in 1444
>get btfo by turks

I wonder

That wasn't even the last time. They tried again in 1444.