Why do historians cite this blatantly leftist propaganda book?

Why do historians cite this blatantly leftist propaganda book?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_of_health_on_intelligence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because eurangutans are inferior.

Inca superiority should have been the main topic of such book.

Don't most leftists call this book racist?

As with most threads on this board.

/pol/ really was a mistake

Check'd and agreed. It's absolutely the fucking worst board on this site and it infects every other board.

> someone's opinion was a mistake

this book is shit on by a wide variety of people, and for good reason

Nice strawman. No one with any serious academic credential cites this book.

>cross board posting to spread an ideologue is a totally cool and hip thing to do

I'm not even talking about the book, I wasn't a fan of it to begin with. However, why did OP feel the need to bring politics into it? It's literally just baiting arguments to flame up.

I'm really not sure what you're sperging out about. So far you're the only one bringing politics into this

Why is biological determinism not that popular?

Geografical* gee wiz

Geographical determinism is not that popular because it attempts to explain something using a shitty answer in an effort to be politically correct. Things like resources, exposure to other civilizations, access to oceans/rivers, etc... have all been shown to be complete bullshit. The real problem stems from something much more obvious

>leftist propaganda book
Be more dense, please try I don't think its possible.

>iq tests on post colonial shitholes
The only thing tgat ypu can conclude from that is that eating mosquito burgers for lunch makes you dumb which is already known.

this is honestly on of the greatest books of all time. right call it leftist propaganda and leftists call it racist

yes, these faggots have no fucking idea how similar they really are at the core

skin color determinism is not that popular because it attempts to explain something using a shitty answer in an effort to be edgy

IQ test were one o the few things that weren't part of the reputability crisis in the soft sciences had couple years a back.
Also IQ is about ~50% heritable, and even most environmental factors are individual specific so not even twins will have the same pressures

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_of_health_on_intelligence

i'm not saying that all factors are non-environmental
i'm just saying IQ is more are heritable than the lay public thinks.

Which historians specifically?

>geographical determinatism gets shit on by the left and right, both calling it the propaganda of the other

Lmao when will brainlets finally except that radical centrism is the absolute truth?

It gets shat on for different reasons.

Leftists don't like it because it acknowledges Africa's inferiority

Rightists don't like it because it acknowledges Africa's inferiority for the wrong reason

>determinism

Isn't one of the central concepts in history that things could have gone differently?

It's just a term used to put emphasis on how geografical locations have a principal impact on the development of civilizations, though I highly doubt they say it's the only reason.

What is 'Africa's inferiority'?

My high school AP history teacher showed us the film version about 10 years ago. We weren't shown any harsh criticisms of Diamond at all. It wasn't until much much later did I find out how much people shat on him.

Anyone has pdf of that crap?

No credible historians cite Diamond's tripe. Critical praise =/= academic praise

>ecology and geography determine historical development

why can't you admit this simple truism? i don't see anyone going after the annales school, but they said the same thing.

Honestly I'd say /g/ is the worst board because it's where /pol/ and /leftypol/ meet and that has a tendency to ruin a board that's about technology a whole hell of a lot. Also, the moderation on /g/ is abyssmal, off-topic threads are there for literally 8+ hours before deletion and even then there are AMD vs. Intel/Nvidia threads, OS wars and the in/v/asion. /co/ and /pol/ are tied for a close second though.

>le political correctness meme

Geographical determinism has its place, but Diamond takes it to the extreme. It's one thing to note that trade is harder in Africa than around the Mediterranean, it's another to claim the conquest of the Americas was inevitable simply because
>muh horses

A big part of who becomes the "winners" in history is just luck. If the Incans had not had a civil war or if the Aztecs had not had such an idiot on the throne history could have been very different.

>I'm not even talking about the book, I wasn't a fan of it to begin with. However, why did OP feel the need to bring politics into it?

>hurr durr let's insert pol into the conversation and then complain about how they force themselves into every discussion at the same time
Maybe you should talk about the book. Whether or not OP is baiting, you are doing all the work for him

Trips confrim, much of the reason why the spanish were able to conquer the Aztecs was because the Spaniards played the diplomacy game and secured themselves 200k Indian allies that didn't like the triple alliance

Proofs?

All I've ever seen can be boiled down to how shit it was.

>multiple external variables have no impact on anything
This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

>ITT people who reject biological determinism on a partisan basis accuses anyone who disagrees with them /pol/

Who said none? It's just that it doesn't have nearly the affect leftists assume it does.
>inb4 What? You mean human behavior isn't solely due to how much shit they own/can own?
Yeah

Screen one doesn't happen. The mighty whitey trope almost always involves the white adventurer who gets accepted by the natives getting some native pussy.

*Screen one does happen

>criticism of the left
>this response

The book literally says the reason America is so great is because we engaged in free and fair trade with the native Americans, while the Spanish are monsters because they put a gun to the natives head and demanded rooms full of gold.

For the non-Euros who legitimately don't know our history, we put a gun to the natives head and made them """"willingly trade""""" what we wanted for shards of broken glass and buttons.

>But I read an source less article from a leftwing blog that said none of that was true!

No source, no facts.
Unfortunately I don't have sources as well since this is not something i'm really into.
Im just going off my memory of a few American history books iv read, but you should do some research if you want to know the truth.

It disgusts me how the wikipedia page for this is majority sourced by blogs and articles from 2012+ when we have actual historical records of everything that took place.

My point is this book is full of revisionist history that was politically expedient at the time.

>Screen one doesn't happen
>He has never watched a western movie
An hero, your life must be awful

>Screen one doesn't happen
It's an entire genre of movie.
>White man fighting his own people to protect noble savages
It's literally the fucking plot of Avatar (one of the highest grossing movies ever made)
>Dances with wolves
>The last samurai
>exc

>Jared Diamond
>leftist
There's morons who believe this.

>lmao geographical determinism brainlets
>but muh 30 iq blacks meme is TRUE reason those countries aren't developed!

>trying this hard

Yes.
It makes no sense because, if anything, it's making excuses for non-Europeans/Asians.
Leftists just call everything they don't understand racist because they're retarded.

Why do leftists samefag like this?

/pol/ existing is a good thing and the board can be fun but letting it leak into Veeky Forums is godawful. I know there are other regular /pol/aks here and I urge you to keep /pol/ stuff to /pol/.

This board is nice but the mods are lazy faggots. Don't shit it up.

Yes, however in most of those movies the protagonist also married a native, unlike in screen one.
>but they always say the white guy can't marry a native early in the movie
Yes, but big chief segregatesalot is proved wrong by the end of the movie when the white dude saves the day and marries his native qt3.14 anyway.

Even /r/askhistorians has hated this book.

But they don't. Maybe pop-historians on TV.

he bangs the fuck out of the jap wife after murdering her husband.

A few people have said this. I see no evidence that it's actually a majority opinion among leftists.

>Things like resources, exposure to other civilizations, access to oceans/rivers, etc... have all been shown to be complete bullshit.

Great refutation.

>Muh IQ

What differences do you think lead to IQ disparities in the first place? Geography, which is pretty much the cause of all genetic divergence within species in the first place. Black people didn't just pop out of the ground dumber than white people, you retard.

>muh 30 iq blacks meme is TRUE
blacks have lower IQs on average user, there is no point in denying that

>geography
genetics is the answer mate

Isn't Jared Diamond an anarcho-primitivist who thinks farming was a mistake?

>genetics is the answer mate

explain the rise of the ottoman empire in terms of genetics please.

Superior Turkish genetics.

Did you read the whole post I wrote you dumbass? He gets the native pussy in Avatar, and the natives end up accepting him. God you /pol/acks don't even have basic reading comprehension.

Not really
Honestly, if the ones you watched din't involve the explorer getting some native action, it sounds like your life that sucks. Most of the ones I've seen that follow that trope include a romance.

Why were snowniggers so underdeveloped compared to southern Europeans if genetics is what matters

Superior Southern European genetics.

Madman

>66 replies
>Probably one or two who actually read it.

Welcome to Veeky Forums

This is all you hear, /pol/ this and /pol/ that. Its the equivelant of calling someone or something racist.

State your own fucking opinion and arguments, if you can.

>All the ones I saw involved the white guy getting some
Nigga I bet you've only watched broke back mountain. Fuck outta here, watch classical westerns

I do agree with you but to be fair he did use that robot body that looked like one of them. Would have been hotter if he kept his human body and they just fixed his legs.

Not him but I never watched westerns, provide me some examples of this please.